Elitr controller 2 disconnected and wont reconnect until restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elitr controller 2 disconnected and wont reconnect until restart

Hello. I have recently started using rewasd for its turbo function on my elite 2 controller. When it works, it works well. But I get frequent disconnects when using it in wireless mode. Qhen it disconnects my controller acts as if it is still connected (solid color) and the wirless adapter acts as if it detects my controller. But joy.cpl, rewasd, the Xbox accessory app, and windows does not recognize my controller. It also will not detect if the controller is plugged in. I have to restart my pc qhen this happens if I want to use the controller again. This does not occur when I turn off rewasd before using the controller, and turning off rewasd after the disconnect does not allow my controller to be recognized by windows.

Please connect the controller via cable and check if this behavior still persists.

Comment

Hello, and thank you for your help. It has not occurred in wired mode so far. only in wireless mode with an adapter, and only when I am using rewasd. if I run my PC without rewasd enabled, I can use my controller in wireless mode without disconnects.

Comment

Originally Posted by Lonesurvivalist View Post
        Hello, and thank you for your help. It has not occurred in wired mode so far. only in wireless mode with an adapter, and only when I am using rewasd. if I run my PC without rewasd enabled, I can use my controller in wireless mode without disconnects.
        Which wireless adapter specifically are you using? Is it an official adapter, or a third-party one? And if it's official, is it the "thick" older one or the slim new one (about as wide as the USB connector itself)? I've had mixed results with different versions.

Comment

Originally Posted by NPC View Post

Which wireless adapter specifically are you using? Is it an official adapter, or a third-party one? And if it's official, is it the "thick" older one or the slim new one (about as wide as the USB connector itself)? I've had mixed results with different versions.
          Im using the official adapter. Im guessing the slim version.im not 100% sure. It has a connection button on the back and not the side if that helps.

Comment

Originally Posted by Lonesurvivalist View Post

Im using the official adapter. Im guessing the slim version.im not 100% sure. It has a connection button on the back and not the side if that helps.
            Ah dang. That's the only one that properly works for me in this case. Have you ensured that the bluetooth connection is disabled - that is, check and make sure that the controller is not registered to the system's bluetooth devices list.

In those times when Windows does not recognize the connected controller, does it perhaps see something else instead? Maybe a different weird xinput device in the Device Manager? Or go to (on Win 10) Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, and see if you have unexpected or odd game controllers appearing there?

Comment

Originally Posted by NPC View Post

Ah dang. That's the only one that properly works for me in this case. Have you ensured that the bluetooth connection is disabled - that is, check and make sure that the controller is not registered to the system's bluetooth devices list.

In those times when Windows does not recognize the connected controller, does it perhaps see something else instead? Maybe a different weird xinput device in the Device Manager? Or go to (on Win 10) Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, and see if you have unexpected or odd game controllers appearing there?
              its not listed in the bluetooth device list. when it disconnects - it does not show up at all both on the joy.cpl or device manager/devices and printers. the adapter is still there even after the disconnect. I also have the turn this device off to save power setting disabled for the adapter. The computer doesnt recognize the controller even when plugged in as a usb unless I restart the machine. I played around with the virtual controller settings which seems to have made it happen less often. I am going to try testing with fast startup disabled next and see if its more stable.

Comment

In that case, we'll need you to collect Standard logs by following these instructions.

Comment

I had this issue aswell using the old 2.4ghz Dongle with elite series 2. Turned out it must have been something with my USB ports built into the mother board. I switch to my front panel usb ports, and haven't had any disconnecting issue's.

Not sure if Rewasd has anything to do with it. But just incase I have a Asus b550 motherboard.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I have an msi pro 790. I have tried multiple connections and still had the same issue. Disabling fast startup didn't fix it. I did change some virtual controller settings and I no longer have permanent disconnects, but it still disconnects and reconnects every couple minutes. strokel I could not get it to occur when I was running logs. I wonder if running ReWASD as an admin fixes the issue. is there a way to run it as an admin on startup?

Comment

I almost forgot. it also seems like it doesn't happen if I do not let the app open at startup, but rather let my computer run for a few minutes then start the app up. at least it did not occur during 15 minutes of testing, normally it happens several times in 15 minutes but only when gaming

Comment

Interesting behavior, but we still need the logs requested earlier.

Right click on reWASD in the start menu and run it as administrator from the context menu.​

Comment

I was able to get it to occur again while logging. what files do I need to send and do I attach them here? should I zip everything it generated?

Comment

Just follow the steps from instruction sent before. We need an archive with logs(that were created the last) and *.txt file(s) from this folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs.​

Comment

Thanks for your help! I followed the instructions and sent the logs to the support team. I appreciate the help

Comment

Working...
                              X