Help reworking right stick to wasd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help reworking right stick to wasd

I have a disability that I found a workaround for in some FPS games. I cant use my right very much, so I use a left handed mouse to aim. I also cant use the keyboard with my right but can use a controller right stick.

I remapped the controller to move was with the right stick. There are some games that it doesn't work with, however. It does this:

I use the right stick for wasd, but it also moves the cursor. So its acting as the mouse and was.

Some games that don't have controller support work fine. But I want to play other games and don't want to risk buying a game that I then cant play.

Can anyone help?

It seems that I don't fully understand a request. So, you remap WASD to the right stick, the game sees our kbm input, and you are able to play the game where is no controller support. This is clear

To avoid double input, I suggest using Mute option, it helps to keep only one input, and the game won't switch between two inputs.

Please let me know if I got you wrong

Comment

How would I set the "mute" option to mute the right stick moving my weapon cursor?

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
        It seems that I don't fully understand a request. So, you remap WASD to the right stick, the game sees our kbm input, and you are able to play the game where is no controller support. This is clear

To avoid double input, I suggest using Mute option, it helps to keep only one input, and the game won't switch between two inputs.

Please let me know if I got you wrong
        How do I "mute" the right controller stick from moving and aiming at the same time? I only want to move.

Side note-certain games also don't let me remap because as soon as it registers controller, it makes me use the controller support default buttons. I just need help lol

Comment

I'm here to help lol

To keep only one input you can add the mapping to the right stick like on my screenshot.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	117
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	238112

You need to click on the stick, choose WASD mapping, and Mute the native stick input using Mute option. Moreover, I left a link to Mute feature in my last post. You can find more info here as well.

Once you add Mute option, the game will see only WASD mapping while you use the right stick

In order to Mute all gamepad inputs, click here:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	108
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	238113​​

Comment

Thanks for the help.

it isn’t working. Is there any way this is because I’m using a switch pro controller?

Comment

There is a possibility that Steam is also remapping your controller (right stick to mouse move). Either disable Steam`s Desktop configuration or Switch controller support.

Comment

Working...
              X