Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two controllers in Windows of two controllers in reWASD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two controllers in Windows of two controllers in reWASD.

Hi!!
    My question (which, on the other hand, I suppose can be achieved with your magnificent software) is to achieve that with two controllers recognized by reWASD, in Windows I can obtain two different controllers, each one with its corresponding mapping in reWASD.
    I'm sure it's simple and it's explained in your 'help' section but I can't find the solution.
    Thanks for your help.
    Greetings to the whole team!!​

Hi.

I couldn't understand your question.

How many controllers/devices do you have, and what result are you expecting?

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      Hi.

I couldn't understand your question.

How many controllers/devices do you have, and what result are you expecting?
      Hi Shion.
      I've a Joy-con R (we'll call it 'Controller A' from now on). I've the gyroscope on it set to 'Tilt mode'. I wanted to have been able to use the gyroscope on the Yaw axis (in 'Tilt mode'). But already in another thread you explained to me that it was not possible.
      I have thought about buying a Joy-con L ('Controller B') and configuring the gyroscope on it in 'Giro mode'; in this way with this Controller B I could have the Yaw axis.
      Now, I need (I think) that on Windows Controllers A & B are recognized independently. I am sending you a screenshot of how I think they should appear in Windows.
      Another problem (that I don't know if it will exist) is if I can configure in reWASD the gyroscopes of controllers A & B independent of each other. Oh, both Controllers A & B would show up in Windows as "XBOX 360 For Windows".
      Really, thanks for your help.
      💪👍
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey there!

If you don't group them, you can remap both gyros separately, but then input of the mappings of these gyros will be read by games as input of two different gamepads, which can lead to other problems in the game.

Comment

Another issue, I abusing your knowledge and your good disposition.
          Two Joy-con R can also be configured in reWASD. Just as I would do with two L & R Joy-cons, I can do it with two R & R Joy-cons?​

Comment

I have no means to test it, but two Right Joy-Cons would not combine into one controller, so it should be possible to remap them individually while having them both in the same group.

Comment

That would be perfect, because what I want is to be able to use the gyroscope of each Right Joy-con separately. Thank you for your information, always useful 👍🤗

Comment

You can try to use both gyroscopes with two joy-cons in a device group.
                To achieve this, you need to make an additional sub-config.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	298
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	238200Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	300
Size:	348.9 KB
ID:	238201​​

Comment

Thanks strokel for the info. I don't have the second Joy-con yet. When I have it, I will do what you tell me and I will inform you of the results that I obtain.
                  Thanks for everything. All the best.​

Comment

I bought another Right Joy-con and I have configured it as indicated by strokel. I can tell you that it works!
                    I've both of my Right Joy-cons running each with their own gyro settings and on Windows as a single Xbox 360 controller.
                    I have made (with my basic knowledge about reWASD) a short video (as a tutorial) where I explain the entire process that I have followed to achieve this operation:

Thank you, once again, to the whole team for your great help. Without it, this would not have been possible by myself.
                    Cheers!!!​

Comment

Glad to know that everything worked for you!
                      Should you have any other questions or require further assistance, please let us know.​

Comment

Working...
                      X