Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS4 controller in virtual DS4 mode has triggers register as axes AND buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS4 controller in virtual DS4 mode has triggers register as axes AND buttons?

When i press trigger, it in the same time works as a trigger and a button, as soon i start pulling it registers a button input. How to remove button input? Tnx.

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.​

Comment

Here is PS$ remote play 2023 config.
      Attached Files

Comment

Are you sure that you sent the correct config? There are no mappings to the triggers in reWASD.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	174
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	238260

Please clarify if I have misunderstood you ​

Comment

It doesn't matter if it's mapped or just native input, it always has 2 inputs like in the picture.
          Attached Files

Comment

But that is how trigger press is detected in joy.cpl
            Because it displays the very fact of pressing the trigger(Button 7) and the degree of its pressing(X rotation).
            I can suggest you test your input here: https://hardwaretester.com/gamepad

Comment

But then if i want to map a trigger to a lets say throttle in game, it always puts button input first, and i can't map analog trigger to it. At least not with DS4 controller.

Comment

You can Mute the native input of every key

Views:	178
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	238267

Views:	168
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	238268
                After this step, the native input of the key will be hidden and the game will see only the mapping​

Comment

On virtual DS4 disabling digital trigger buttons is not possible - this is how DS4 works by design. If your game is confused by this then you should emulate Xbox One instead.

Comment

Xbox doesn't have split z axis (triggers), i asked about that here a while ago.

Comment

Xbox 360 and Xbox One have separate trigger axis for modern games which use Xinput. They look combined in Z axis only in DirectInput which is used by very old games.

Comment

I'm not so sure about that. Assetto Corsa is fairly modern and it doesn't split axes, it uses the same one. Automobilista works the same. I play lots of racing games and i know how xbox controller works there.

Comment

Working...
                        X