Playback issues. What a shame.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playback issues. What a shame.

It's unfortunate that a software that is marked towards gaming has such poor consistency when playing recorded macros.
    Sometimes the macro works, Sometimes it doesn't.
    I play fighting games and accuracy is CRUCIAL.

I have used Jitbit's Macro Recorder for the past 7 years and I was used to extreme accuracy.
    I bought REWASD for all the other features but when it comes to making macros it's a really big downgrade.

I'm not sure if it's input lag or if the software isn't capable of reading delays accurately. Seems like it's the latter.
    When I play a macro that I made in Jitbit and tell Rewasd to record that, the delays are ALL wrong, sometimes by 10ms!

If anyone has a workaround, please share.Thanks

Hey there!

The input lag of our virtual controllers is identical to the input lag of their physically connected counterparts.
    Such a delay is less than 5ms and is invisible to the human eye.

Please describe which combos you are having trouble with in more detail. Please record a video that will show your issue.​

Comment

The picture on the right is the macro I made using Jitbit.
      It's 100% accurate and it reproduces in Street Fighter 6 with 100% consistency.

When I play that macro and tell rewasd to record it (left picture) you can see that the delays between keys are all wrong.

But that's not the main issue. I can obviously go back and correct the timings.
      But even though I correct the combo with the right timings, rewasd WON'T reproduce it in-game with100% consistency, like the other software does.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de tela 2023-07-24 104706.png
Views:	211
Size:	472.5 KB
ID:	238489​I'm very pleased with all the features rewasd has. It's indeed a very rich program.
      But if I can't rely on its macro recording capabilities, then it's nearly useless for me.

Comment

Update.
        As I was typing the reply, I disconnected my Dualshock 4 usb cable and reconnected.
        And somehow now the macro is working consistently after fixing the delay timings.

I have no idea what happened.
        There seems to be a lot of bugs involving this recording feature but i can quite put my finger on what's the issue. Really frustrating and hard to use unfortunetely.

Comment

Please send us the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
          We need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

Hi strokel. Thanks for the attention.
            discovered the solution.

For anyone having problems assigning combos to sticks, this is what worked for me.
            Go to "advanced settings" of the stick and increase the deadzone all the way. This way you avoid two macros playing at once and messing the inputs..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	201
Size:	354.4 KB
ID:	238495​​
            Attached Files

Comment

Maxing out the [Vertical/Horizontal axis range] values would have a slightly better effect.

Comment

How so? I think if I did that I could move the stick slightly upwards and trigger the up macro instead of the right macro, for example.

Comment

This would remove the diagonal zones where two Combo would activate simultaneously.

Comment

Working...
                  X