reWASDEngine failed to install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASDEngine failed to install

My ReWASD was working just fine i have it to auto start ( minimized ) and now all of a sudden it fails to autostart on bootup.

If i double click the shortcut for ReWASD it works and loads up but if i double click the reWASDEngine.exe ( which is the file for the autostart on bootup ) i get the failed to install with error: -1
    message.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times even tried older versions and still got the same problem.

I can run the app by just hitting the reWASD shortcut or the reWASD.exe and it works , shows my profiles and tells me its a paid license , this tells me its working just fine when loading it this way.
    If i hit the reWASDEngine.exe i get the error and after the app loads it shows no profiles and asks me to enter my serial , when i enter my serial it tells me its failed to connect to the server and tells me to disable my firewall.
    I disabled my firewall and still got the same error.

I am now at a loss of how to fix this issue.

Hello

May I ask you to do the following:
    When you got the Error: -1 message, please open Services, find the gamepad controller mapping service, and right mouse click and check if the service is running (http://dl3.joxi.net/drive/2020/06/15...82a0d48889.png). Please run it manually if it's stopped. Are there any error messages popping up after manually starting?

Please take the screenshot of them.​

Comment

I check the services and it was running ( set to Auto ) i closed down reWASD and the service stopped. I then hit the reWASDEngine.exe and the service started again and it loaded up as normal.

If i restart the system reWASD will not autostart , if i hit the reWASDEngine it gives me the error, if i run reWASD.exe the app opens as normal, and nthgen if i hit reWASDEngine that also runs as normal. Its as if something is stopping it from starting on bootup
      Attached Files

Comment

Please open the C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs\ and find a log zip archive. Please send an up-to-date archive.

Comment

In that folder there was no logs.zip or logs.rar i had just a bunch of files that i have zipped them up for you.

I noticed pon bootup the service is disable, if i set it to auto reWASDEngine works , but on a reboot the service is disable again ( uploaded an image to show my service on reboot ) .

Its as if its being disable on bootup even if i set it to auto then reboot , it still is disable on startup.
          Attached Files

Comment

It seems that something has gone wrong
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	371
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	238551

Comment

i will rezip them , but there is no logs in there they are blank i also uploaded a jpeg to show that it disables on startup ( services and in the startup folder )
              Attached Files

Comment

Let's try to summarize. As far as I understand, the issue is that you need to enable the service manually after rebooting every time. Am I wrong or not?

Comment

i can start the service by executing the rewasd.exe file and everything works as it should , even after a reboot.

If i try to execute the reWASDEngine.exe after a reboot i need to start the service manually.

If i execute rewasd.exe after a reboot all works as it should , the service is set to auto and i can even execute the reWASDEngine.exe with no problem.

Its as if something is disabling the service on startup until i either start it or set it to auto manually or execute reWASD.exe.
                  Attached Files

Comment

i can start the service by executing the rewasd.exe file and everything works as it should , even after a reboot.
                    Please specify what you mean by that. Does the tray agent start after the service? I would appreciate it if you could record a short video where I can see the behavior on your PC

Comment

the only way i can show the video is via Youtube so here is the URL for it

As you can see from the video the file " reWASDEngine.exe throws up the error.

when i execute the reWASD.exe everything works as normal even the reWASDEngine file.

If i reboot my system the Services plus the file in the startup on windows is disabled, once i run reWASD.exe all is enabled and working i will throw up another video to show you what i mean after the reboot.

Comment

here is the link to the 2nd video i hope this explains it a little better.

https://youtu.be/x82jvcOOZa8

Comment

Thank you for the videos

Have you checked Autostart the background agent​ option in Preferences?

Comment

yes it was checked
                            Attached Files

Comment

Please send me the file with system information. It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps and drivers.
                              1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
                              2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
                              3. Go to File -> Save
                              4. Send me the *.nfo file you get

Comment

Working...
                              X