Just purchased ReWasd but very confused. Requesting a template/guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just purchased ReWasd but very confused. Requesting a template/guide

Been trying for a while to figure out how to get this done but I've reached my limit. I hope someone can tell me if it's even possible ...and if it is , be kind enough to provide me with an example of how for just 1 axis as a template & I can figure it out from there.

What I want:

To create some way to emulate Word of Warship's rudder/speed input system into a spaceship's 6DOF flight game using keyboard .

Thus what a template for is this:

- When I press a key on keyboard assigned to 'left input', I want ReWasd to apply 25% joystick input left and HOLD that input constant as if I had just tilted a joystick 25% to the left and kept it there.
    - When I press LEFT again, it will increase that joystick input to 50% and hold it.
    - A single keybind to reset all axis (X,Y,Z, Rx,Ry,Rz) to zero.
    - A means for my real joystick to override the keyboard Rewasd inputs (I guess that means if any input from my real joystick will reset the rewasd axis to 0?)

Can ReWasd do this?

It is possible to set up a key that would increase or decrease a stick deflection with every press: that would be a [Combo] of a single [Relative deflection node]. These will stack and will work append to controller stick inputs.

There is no way to reset all relative deflections to zero with a single button. You would have to apply negative relative deflections manually.

You can use [Absolute deflection node] instead, although those do not stack and can be overridden by any input from the corresponding stick.

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
      It is possible to set up a key that would increase or decrease a stick deflection with every press: that would be a [Combo] of a single [Relative deflection node]. These will stack and will work append to controller stick inputs.

There is no way to reset all relative deflections to zero with a single button. You would have to apply negative relative deflections manually.

You can use [Absolute deflection node] instead, although those do not stack and can be overridden by any input from the corresponding stick.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

That is where I was getting stuck at.. the zero deflection keybind. I have the relative deflection all done but I couldn't find a way to reset them to zero.

My goal is to not touch the joystick at all when using the rewasd. Essentially the physical joystick I will use when flying small, agile ships and the rewasd setup I'd use when flying big, slow to maneuver ships.

So is there no way to at least reset the axis input to zero?

For example, if I have the A key bound to 25% input to the left ... then is there no way to make a keybind like SHIFT-A to set input to 100% then to 0 in

Or even some way to do it by just adding inputs to 100% then another input to -100? I've been trying to do that but for some reason it doesn't work at all.

Perhaps I'll need to submit a request for 'zero this axis' input option. Hmmm...

Comment

No, there is no way to reset relative deflections for a specific axis. You would need to have another mapping that would add relative [-25%] deflection to that axis and use it to return to zero.

Comment

No, there is no way to reset relative deflections for a specific axis. You would need to have another mapping that would add relative [-25%] deflection to that axis and use it to return to zero.
          I thought one could just make a -100, -100 , pause then +100 and that would result in the deflection going left full twice so that if I have any initial right relative input it would end up at zero relative. However this does not work.

Ok how about another approach then... is there a keybind to tell rewasd to toggle on/off all macros running..equivalent to pressing that power button icon on the rewasd bottom left screen? I found online that alt-cntrl-del only turns it off (no way to change THAT key combo either?).

I'll need a way to swap between using these keybinds and not using them without having to alt-tab out of the game anyway and this same function would solve my deflection-to-zero issue as well.

Thank you again for your time and patience.

Comment

It is possible to "re-apply a config" by changing to another [Slot] with the same config applied to it. That should also reset the relative deflections for the sticks. However, it is impossible to switch to a specific slot and back with the same shortcut unless you own an Xbox Elite 2 series controller. With it, you could swap to the next slot with the [Profile] button.

Comment

It is possible to "re-apply a config" by changing to another [Slot] with the same config applied to it. That should also reset the relative deflections for the sticks. However, it is impossible to switch to a specific slot and back with the same shortcut unless you own an Xbox Elite 2 series controller. With it, you could swap to the next slot with the [Profile] button.

Thank you! Since I am using only keyboard for this (I do not own a gamepad), when I go to the slot menu I see :

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	321
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	239755

Which I assume means I can use those hotkeys on keyboard to swap between slots anytime I want.

Since I also will be running Voice Attack parallel to rewasd, this opens perhaps the possibility of using this slot swapping to reset the deflections. Simplest solution would be to have VA shift between 2 slots with a 120ms delay ... the purpose is just to reset all axis with one keybind anyway.

Like, set VA to:

Upon keybind or voice command:
              - Cycle to slot 1
              - Pause 120ms
              - Cycle to slot 2
              - end

...and that allows perma-cycling and resetting of all deflection inputs with just one VA macro.

Now that I have that tool to reset axis.. it could probably enable me to use Rshift/Ralt/Rcntrl/Lshift/Lalt/Lcntrl + 6DOF axis input key to create rewasd deflections of 25, 50, 75 and 100 and create equivalent ones in VA to trigger them.

... of course, it would have been more convenient if there was a 'set deflection to 0 on this axis' option in rewasd combo mapping

I shall spend more timing tinkering with this. You have been most helpful thank you!

Comment

Hello,

Still working on it but so far it seems to work ok. Now I have one final hurdle apparently:

I need to map 6 virtual gamepad axis inputs to keyboard .. but ReWasd only allows 4 axis to be used (1 virtual gamepad).

For the 6DOF game I already have the following mapped:

Left thumbstick of virtual gamepad : X and Y axis (I can now strafe fore/aft and left/right with keyboard.. missing up/down)
                Right thumbstick of virtual gamepad: X and Y axis ( I can now pitch and yaw but I am missing Roll)

To get those missing 2 axis :

I have tried to activate 1x Vjoy joystick .. but ReWasd does not detect it.

I then thought that if ReWasd was creating a virtual gamepad then it should include the gyro function.. which would provide the 2 missing axis. However I do not see any means to assign a keyboard keys to virtual gamepad gyro.

Can this be done? Is there any other way I can get 2 axis available to me? ReWasd doesn't seem to be able to generate a virtual joystick to get inputs from either

Comment

If you need to use the 6-axis, you could try to use our virtual gyro.
                  You can map the keyboard buttons to these directions:

Views:	229
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	239881

More info in this article.​

Comment

Originally Posted by Gogeba View Post
                    If you need to use the 6-axis, you could try to use our virtual gyro.
                    You can map the keyboard buttons to these directions:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	16 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	239881

More info in this article.​
                    Thank you again. This does work properly in REWASD when I test it via cntrl-shft-f12 but when in-game the gyro axis is not detected. I realized that it was because the game does not support DS4 controller...it does work with 4 axis no problem as xbox 360.

I need at least ONE more axis...somehow.

If you don't mind I will write down what I have hardware wise and what I've done in ReWasd ... please let me know if there is anything I can do to get at least that one axis I need.

Hardware on hand:

Keyboard
                    Mouse
                    Turtle Beach Velocity One Flight Stick. This device is not supported by REWASD but it does detect this joystick's tiny mouse touchpad (it has one on the very top) as a mouse.

What I have done in ReWasd. This is done on Main Layer of keyboard only.

Views:	339
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	239922
                    The 'down' arrow is set for Y axis Right Stick down. All inputs are set to Relative 20% deflection in their direction.

This is what is giving me the use of 4 axis in the game via keyboard. It works perfectly.

For this game, I have rotational control as pitch&yaw via arrow keys on keyboard assigned to gamepad's right stick. I then have strafe left/right and strafe up/down via WASD keys on keyboard assigned to gamepad's XY left stick.

For this game I do not need strafe forward/aft .. but I do need ROLL. That's the missing axis I need and I need it to be able to work as Relative 20% increment axis.

So... is there any hope to get that one axis at least?

- I thought I could use the gyro but it does not allow relative input nor does the game support DS4 gamepads.
                    - Gamepads have analog input paddles used by index fingers.. I have not seen a way to make those into an axis without having to use a gamepad stick bind for it (but at that point I lose the use of rotation or strafe axis). Is there a way to add a second virtual gamepad and use that gamepad's stick axis to be bound to the keyboard?
                    - Any way of turning the physical joystick's mouse touchpad into an axis I can bind to relative input via keyboard?

Comment

>Is there a way to add a second virtual gamepad and use that gamepad's stick axis to be bound to the keyboard?
                      No. One device or group of devices can be remapped to a single virtual controller only. You would need another keyboard or mouse to create a second virtual controller.

>Any way of turning the physical joystick's mouse touchpad into an axis I can bind to relative input via keyboard?
                      reWASD adheres to the standard layout of controllers it emulates, so it is impossible to add another button or axis to them.
                      You can add another virtual controller by remapping another device in reWASD.

Comment

Working...
                      X