reWASD's virtual controller stick drifts and is difficult to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD's virtual controller stick drifts and is difficult to use

I am using rewasd to convert KB&M to DS4.

My perspective keeps drifting during the game even though I use it in KB&M

I think this means there is a problem with reWASD's virtual controller.

Stick drift occurs with Virtual DS4, Virtual DS3, and Virtual Switch Pro controllers.

I found a message board for people who have the exact same problem as me. That's it here.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/rewasd/comm...s_this_normal/

In-game settings: no dead zone, linear response curve

When I measured the dead zone using DS4windows, the results were as shown in the video below.

1: hardware sony ds4 2:reWASD visual controller

I've also asked the same question on reddit.

Due to physical wear, every physical controller will have a drift eventually.

DS4 controllers always have a "drift" due to the low resolution of their sticks - 256^2 possible positions - which technically does not have an absolute center position.
    Our virtual controller uses value 128 (on a scale from 1 to 256) for every axis in an "untouched" state, resulting in negative values in Gamepad Tester, and probably the drift this topic is about.

The only solution for the drift "issue" is to set the deadzone setting in the game to 0,79-1% value or use a virtual Xbox controller, which has higher sticks resolution.

As for the second video about the "drift in the direction you tilt the stick" vs "always drift to the top left": am I right to assume that you wish reWASD to adjust the "center" point according to the last position of the stick? Like if it returned from the top left corner, the "center" value should be 129x128 (0.00392 x -0.00392)?

Comment

thanks for your reply! !

I don't really want to add a dead zone to the game because it makes the controls feel worse...

I really like xim apex as a converter for fps games.
      (The reason is that it has a very good control feeling and strong aim assist.)

However, rewasd has more customizability and is easier to use than xim apex.

So, I thought of a way to make reWASD close to the sensitivity of xim apex using DS4windows.
      However, reWASD's stick drift is very intrusive to reproduce this
      (During the game, the viewpoint always moves to the upper left.)
      XIM APEX
      ↑xim apex

reWASD
      ↑reWASD
      reWASD & DS4windows=XIM APEX
      ↑reWASD & DS4windows=XIM APEX

Comment

Thank you for your feedback.
        We will investigate this issue and discuss it with our team; however, at the moment, we cannot make any promises.

Also, please review our previous response once again.

Thank you for your understanding.

Comment

reWASD 7.1 version has been released. Please update reWASD and check how it works for you.

We look forward to your feedback​

Comment

Working...
          X