Switch Pro Virtual to External Switch Target Console Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch Pro Virtual to External Switch Target Console Troubleshooting

TL;DR Help I can't connect to my nintendo switch as an external device. I've included some logs: 7.0.0.8447.19.01.2024_16-10-12.zip as an attachment and my step by step process in details below.

Hello there! My drivers are updated. I'm having trouble connecting to my Nintendo switch as an external Bluetooth target. My switch is running the latest firmware 17.0.1 And I'm Running Windows 10 Pro. And reWASD version 7.0.8447. I'm using a Switch Pro controller with a Wired connection to a USB port on my PC using an official Nintendo USB-C charging/data cable. At time of writing, I've got a license purchased for every function other than the radial menu.

I was using this just fine yesterday but noticed that the A button and a few other button presses seemed a little bit laggy and sometimes missed the input altogether when connected to my switch. I had tried removing all macros and combos mapped to that button and setting it to the default function but that didn't seem to work. So in an effort to do so, I went to reWASD's preferences, and selected "Clear Data"

And since having done so, I have been unable to get my switch pro controller connected to the switch at all. Here are some things that I have tried:

Following the instructions for setting up an new external device in the help guide:

When clicking "Apply to slot 1" The controller would connect to my bluetooth just fine, and then it would just stall on "Connecting" while reaching out to my switch. So I tried a different profile that I had used for other games in the past with my switch console, and that didn't work either.

I tried closing the software, restarting my computer, and running as Administrator. But no luck there.

So In an effort to see if I could reconfigure the connection, I went into reWASD >> Preferences >> External Device. And deleted my switch from the Target Devices for Bluetooth Connection.
    And Then I followed the instructions again from the link above.

I tried setting up a new external device to my cell phone via bluetooth, and that worked just fine.

I pressed Down+Right+Plus/Start on my switch controller to activate the overlay. And all my button presses and combos are registering clearly and quickly.

And I tried setting up a new device for a target switch pro. (Note, My console itself Isn't a switch pro, but a first generation switch, But I see no difference in the options in the menu.)
    I would select "Controller Settings" and "Change Grip Order" And while I was able to configure my switch as a target device. The reWASD would get stuck on "Waiting for Connection" while attempting to connect to the console that is there and on the "Change Grip order Screen" and the Virtual Switch controller would not connect to my switch in order to reconfigure my switch as the target device. So I after retrying this a few times, on a few profiles, I figured I'd ask here for help.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration helping me troubleshoot the issue.

And as a bit of an additional side question​ to my most persistent issue. I've been read in the help guide and form posts that "L"+"R"+"Minus"+"Start" Is supposed to be a shortcut for ending all presently looping turbo/toggle combo routines, but when I was connected and tried using that, It just disconnected my switch controller entirely from the External target, but my switch and my mobile phone. And while this does stop the routine, It can be a hassle to reconnect again to the software. Is this the intended fuction? Or am I doing something wrong here. And furthermore is there a place where I can read about the innate native reWASD shortcuts like the Stop Macro and the Screen overlay? Is there anything else that is useful and readily available? I'd imagine there is a help guide, but I'm not sure what keywords to search to find that.

When you try to recreate your virtual device on Nintendo Switch also make sure you delete all old pairings inside Switch itself by going to Controller and Sensors->Disconnect controllers.
    After this you can open "Change Grip Order" to recreate pairing.

Comment

Working...
    X