Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flydigi Vader 3 Pro Gyro with Yuzu/Ryujinx

Hello,

I try to get the gyro to work in emulators. Right now it only works if I put the gamepad in switch mode, while the gyro is not recognized at all in D-Input mode. Would it somehow be possible to get the gyro working in D-Input mode with rewasd in said emulators?

Please clarify what you mean by the gyro is not recognized in D-Input mode at all. How does your controller show in reWASD?

Also, it should be noted that Flydigi gamepads have some peculiarities of operation in reWASD. You can find details here

Comment

If I use the Vader 3 Pro in Switch Mode, it is correctly shown as Switch Pro Controller in reWASD and the Gyro is looking like this:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	reWASD-SwitchPro.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	241864

In Yuzu's controller configuration you can see that the gyro is working, because you can gyro-control the box i framed in red for you:

Name:	Yuzu-SwitchPro.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	241865

If I put the Vader 3 Pro in D-Input mode and apply a virtual Switch pro Controller to it, the gyro in reWASD looks like this:

Name:	reWASD-Vader3Pro.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	241866

In Yuzu, it looks again like a Switch Pro Controller, but the box framed in red is not controllable at all, therefore the gyro is not working:

Name:	Yuzu-Vader3Pro as virtual SwitchPro.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	241867

The same goes for Ryujinx. In Switch Mode, gyro is working, in D-Input Mode with virtual Switch Pro Controller applied via reWASD, gyro is not recognized.

Comment

This is due to the hardware specifics of Flydigi gamepads. Unfortunately, it can't be fixed

Comment

But shouldn't this be fixable via Firmware, since the gyro is working in Switch mode?

Comment

reWASD works with Flydigi controllers in DirectInput mode. There are, unfortunately, some limitations in this mode that we have no control over. Since this controller has several modes, there is a way to work in reWASD in Switch mode. But it doesn't relate to the fact that there are some restrictions regarding the way gyroscope works on Flydigi controllers in DirectInput mode

Comment

But it should be possible for Flydigi to get the gyro working properly in D-Input mode, right? Though I doubt that they are willing to investigate this.

Comment

IIRC Flydigi controllers are sending only mouse output (controls cursor) in d-input mode. Mouse has only x and y axes, so it's not possible to use gyro's third axis in Yuzu. But Switch mode is not letting to use additional buttons, so you have to decide between gyro and more buttons.

Comment

Originally Posted by Earthrise View Post
                  But it should be possible for Flydigi to get the gyro working properly in D-Input mode, right? Though I doubt that they are willing to investigate this.
                  Flydigi should be able to fix the D-Input gyro. Flydigi may provide gyro capability in D-Input mode by updating software and firmware, calibrating, and verifying compatibility. Flydigi can make the gyro feature operate in D-Input mode with proper programming and testing.
                  Fun Games
                  Last edited by JimkissJum; 23.02.2024, 02:50.

Comment

Working...
                  X