Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few final question before purchasing a new Controller with ReWASD

Hello.
    I dived deep enough to finally found 3 controllers that may be give me all the functions i want.
    Basically it´s a race between these 3 final candidates:

Xbox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller

Flydigi Vader 2 Pro

Razer Wolverine V2 Chroma

I have to say that i´m in desperate need of backpaddles, the more, the better. And these 3 Controllers allow 4 backpaddles, the "Flydigi" and "Razer" even allow more Extra Buttons.

Now, from all these 3, i actually had the most interest in the Razer, but from what i read is that it does have limited support in ReWASD, since the extra buttons aren´t recognized. That alone already throws the Razer out of the window.

The Xbox Controller is the next on my list, but from what i´ve read it really does have problems with the Right Bumper as it seems. I´ve seen countless commentaries on Youtube Videos and Threads on Reddit that confirm this issue. Also on a second note it only has 4 extra buttons, the other Controllers have more. However, from what i read ReWASD seems to be very compatible with this Controller. Overall, i am familiar with the Elite V1 Controller and really like the sticks and Dpad used on this controller.

Now after a long search someone on a reddit Thread suggested also the third controller in the list, the Flydigi. From all 3 Controllers, this has the most extra buttons, actually a dream coming true for me. It seems also very compatible with ReWASD from what i read. Unfortunately, i don´t know much about the company nor are there enough videos out there that go into good detail about this controller. Yet i´m very hooked on this controller.

So now you know what Controller i may want to buy. But in the end, this is what it needs to accomplish from a functionality perspective:

Xinput Support (well, all 3 support that anyway)

Configurable Hotkeys on the extra buttons (but having still Xinput at the same time)

The second point is the most important. Basically i want to have the normal functionality of an xinput Controller that i can use in every Game, but at the same time the additional Keys (the Backpaddles / C and Z on Flydigi) should allow me to use them as Computer Keys while not loosing any xinput functionality.

Now my questions:
    - Is this actually possible in ReWASD and is this actually possible with any of these 3 controllers?
    - Is the Razer support in ReWASD still somewhat limited because of not seeing the extra Buttons?
    - I´ve seen many mentions of the "FAQ > Use cases > #30", yet is this relevant at all at what i´m trying to accomplish here and if yes, is it actually still relevant to the Razer on this date?
    Thanks for any help.​
    Last edited by jobrooks; 16.04.2024, 03:26.

For instance, Xbox Elite paddles are reported in Windows OS as a separate controls, unlike Razer device. I believe, these paddles are processed by the native firmware without reporting themselves in the system. reWASD can't detect hidden or unreported controls in the system. For this reason, there is no way to remap the back paddles but the workaround you menutied above. Moreover, I can't promise that it will work as it depends on the native firmware as well. There is no news or changes on this issue.

Back to the Flydigi controller: In Xinput mode, this controller will be shown as Xbox 360 in reWASD, so there is no way to adjust the back paddles. It is not a big deal to switch it to android mode, thus reWASD will work with the controller in Exclusive mode, and you will be able to add any from the list of our output devices, including Bluetooth XINPUT compatible input device

Please check this article for details.​

I hope I was clear

Comment

This is how I've worked around the issue.

But first, an important disclaimer... this workaround is definitely possible with the controller I'm using (this one), but I can't guarantee that it will work with any of the controllers you're interested in. And if you decide to buy the controller I'm using, be advised that it has click triggers (not like what you'd find on a DualShock or Xbox controller).

Here's what I've done:

My controller has two customizable buttons--M1 and M2. These can be remapped either to a single button click or a sequence of button clicks.

With a little fiddling, I managed to assign M1 to B+Y, and M2 to A+X

Next, inside reWASD I created mappings for what those key combinations should produce.

#1 - Key combinations triggered by M1 and M2 remapped to LB and RB
      Screenshot #1 - Key combinations triggered by M1 and M2 remapped to Left Bumper and Right Bumper

Once that is set up, I can change the remappings to anything I want. The screenshot above is showing that:
      • when I press M1, my controller produces B+Y, but reWASD remaps that to Left Bumper.
      • when I press M2, my controller produces A+X, but reWASD remaps that to Right Bumper.
      ​But I can remap that to anything I want, including controller, mouse, and keyboard mappings, any other mapping available in reWASD, as well as combo sequences.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	2 Size:	171.5 KB ID:	242577

Here's one important caveat. It took some fiddling around to get my controller to recognize the button combo as being pressed simultaneously, and that the combo should remain pressed for as long as I'm pressing the corresponding M button. This is mainly due to the fact that my controller doesn't have any associated software. I'm guessing that the controllers you're interested have proprietary software that would make this process infinitely easier. If you can't find specifics online, I'm sure you could get clarification from their community (or maybe someone here can confirm from personal experience).

But the bottom line is this.

Regardless of the whole explanation I just provided, reWASD is bloody worth every single cent. I can tell you without hesitation that the full licence of reWASD has been one of the best investments I've ever made.

I don't just use it for gaming. ​I use it for productivity and work, primarily with controllers + mouse + keyboard combined to work faster when doing video editing. It has saved me hours (and as a freelancer, that's worth a lot of money).
      Last edited by cdebono; 19.04.2024, 09:46.

Comment

Working...
      X