Gyro and back buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro and back buttons

Hello, I just asked here about Vader 3 Pro and its motion sense axes. Thanks (and to rewasd themselves) for the reply.

I'm in the market for this controller:

Works well with rewasd, whether it's on the "supported" list or not

4 back buttons which are independent, e.g. not just mapped to other buttons on the same controller, and can be mapped to any input via rewasd. I'd compromise down to 2 back buttons as long as they're still independent of other inputs.

Decent gyro/motion-sense which allows me to use pitch and roll at the same time. Ideally also yaw for all 6 degrees, but I can live without yaw.

Vader 3 Pro is nearly it. It will output "yaw" but not "roll" for rewasd in dinput mode, and I haven't persuaded it to output back buttons in switch mode.

Xbox Elite Series 2 has four independent back buttons, but no gyro/motion-sense. Dualsense Edge probably wouldn't, since I have no PS5. From what I can tell, Dualsense has no back buttons.

Does this controller exist today? Thanks very much for any illumination.
    Last edited by agnesdunn; 24.04.2024, 15:18.

Flidigi Vader 3 Pro is fully supported in reWASD. So, all 4 back buttons are available to remap in reWASD.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	55
Size:	358.9 KB
ID:	242523

You are right; due to the hardware specifics, Flydigi gamepads have a two-dimensional gyro. Because of that, there are some restrictions regarding the way gyroscope works on Flydigi controllers:
    • remap gyroscope in Gyro mode only
    • you cannot add Lean mappings
    • you can't Calibrate gyro
    • Swap gyro axis command is not available for these controllers

Unfortunately, there are no gamepads with available back buttons for remapping other than these controllers you already mentioned in your post

The Steam controller comes to mind, though. But I don't think it's really relevant at the moment
    ​​

Comment

Very cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X