joy.cpl still shows an entry for "Azeron Keypad" even when rewasd running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joy.cpl still shows an entry for "Azeron Keypad" even when rewasd running

I'm using rewasd 7.2.0.9014 with my Azeron Cyborg (firmware 86a) on Windows 11 Home 23H2. Before launching rewasd, with Azeron plugged in, joy.cpl shows 4 entries, all "Azeron Keypad - DirectInput".

I understand that rewasd works with Azeron in exclusive mode. Here's an excerpt from the screenshot at https://help.rewasd.com/how-to-remap...s.html#azeron: "We will hide the
    controller from other apps and games​".

However, after launching rewasd, joy.cpl still shows 1 entry for "Azeron Keypad - Direct Input". Shouldn't rewasd be hiding all the "Azeron Keypad - DirectInput" from joy.cpl, rather than leaving 1 entry in joy.cpl for "Azeron Keypad"

I'm asking because I'm trying to play The Talos Principal 2 (TP2) using rewasd to map xbox controls onto the Azeron. When the rewasd profile is active, joy.cpl shows both
    • Azeron Keypad - DirectInput
    • Controller (XBOX 360 for Windows)
    The Properties for the Controller entry show that the rewasd is correctly mapping the Azeron.

But when I launch TP2 with rewasd running, TP2 acts like there is not any controller connected at all. I'm pretty sure that TP2 is getting confused by the single "Azeron Keypad" seen in joy.cpl even when rewasd is running.

As an experiment, I shutdown rewasd, so that joy.cpl shows 4 entries of "Azeron Keypad". Then plug in an actual Xbox controller, also shown in joy.cpl. Then launch TP2, which again does not see the actual controller. If I unplug the Azeron, so that joy.cpl shows only the actual Xbox controller, TP2 sees the actual Xbox controller. So it's like TP2 is confused by the "Azeron Keypad" entries shown in joy.cpl.

So it seems like rewasd when running should be hiding all the "Azeron keypad" in joy.cpl. But because rewasd is failing to hide 1 of the "Azeron Keypad" in joy.cpl, I can't actually use rewasd to play TP2 with xbox controls mapped into Azeron.

Shouldn't rewasd be hiding all the "Azeron Keypad" in joy.cpl?

Hi!
    joy.cpl should display only 2 "Azeron Keypad - DirectInput".
    Please re-install Azeron firmware and check if there are still 4 of them.

Comment

joy.cpl still showing 4 entries of "Azeron Keypad - Direct Input" before rewasd running.

Using Azeron Software 1.5.2, in the "Update Settings" section, I clicked the "Re-install latest firmware", and finished successfully . Firmware shows version 86a. Just for good measure I restarted. But still 4 entries of "Azeron Keypad - Direct Input" in joy.cpl

In case it helps, I downloaded USBLogView from Nirsoft. While it was running I plugged in the Azeron. The attached usblogview.csv.txt shows what was captured.

I also downloaded USBDevView from Nirsoft, and exported everything with VendorID=16d0 and ProductId=10bc. See attached usbdevview.csv.txt

Comment

It seems that updating was not completed. Try to uninstall the firmware and install the latest one from the Azeron website. Then, calibrate the stick as necessary(it will prompt itself after installing)

Once the new firmware is installed, please collect some log files by following the steps from this guide.

There is a chance that we can find a piece of useful information there.

Comment

FYI: I've started this thread on Azeron forums. I'll report back here what happens, but also mentioning now so that you can follow along if you want to.​

Comment

I spent some time with Azeron support, see this thread, https://forum.azeron.eu/index.php?th...ectinput.1911/

They were eventually able to duplicate the unexpected multiple entries in joy.cpl. They are still researching. For now they gave me a workaround to disable an entry for "HID-compliant consumer control device". With this disabled, joy.cpl now shows only a single controller when there is an active rewasd profile. The properties in joy.cpl show analog stick deflection (as expected), and also hardwaretester.com shows single controller with analog stick deflection. See attached screenshot.

And yet, Talos Principle 2 (TP2) acts like there is no controller plugged in.

Using Azeron's own basic mapping software, Talos Principle 2 does see a controller.
            I'd love to be able to use rewasd with TP2 because rewasd has much more flexibility than Azeron's mapping software.

Does the rewasd team have other things for me to try at this point?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot for azeron and rewasd.png
Views:	19
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	242926

Comment

Unfortunately, we cannot solve this issue on our side since it is mostly related to the game.

Comment

Working...
              X