Question about Shift Layers and Muting Inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Shift Layers and Muting Inputs

So I'm somewhat familiar with Shift Layers, but I was wondering if rewasd can perform a specific thing.

Basically what I want is for one button to briefly mute another button, but to quickly unmute again even if I hold the second button. For example, if I'm holding down Square first and then hold down X, I want to mute Square only at the moment X is initially pressed, but then have Square quickly return to the pressed state even if I continue to hold X.

So I set X to jump to a Shift Layer where Square is muted. The Hold and Toggle modes wouldn't work for this so I assume I need to use the Custom mode if this is possible, but I can't seem to figure it out. Is there any way to automatically return to the Main Layer after a set amount of time? I just want the shift layer to be activated for a few milliseconds no matter what. Maybe a key combo or something would work I'm not sure. Any ideas would be appreciated.

You probably should set the [Square] to jump to a layer where [X] would be remapped to a Combo of [X] being held after some pause for a long time with the [Turbo] option enabled for the mapping. Pause in a [Combo] would emulate the "mute," and long hold with [Turbo] will stop the [Combo] once [X] is released.

Comment

Originally Posted by Support Agent View Post
      You probably should set the [Square] to jump to a layer where [X] would be remapped to a Combo of [X] being held after some pause for a long time with the [Turbo] option enabled for the mapping. Pause in a [Combo] would emulate the "mute," and long hold with [Turbo] will stop the [Combo] once [X] is released.
      It took me a while to figure out what you meant, but it does work. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
      X