Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to recognize virtual key presses from things like MidiKey2Key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to recognize virtual key presses from things like MidiKey2Key?

I am working on interfacing midi data with gamepad inputs, and haven't had any luck with having reWASD register the keystrokes generated by MidiKey2Key.

I successfully have both sides of the equation working, in that I can have midi data produce key press output in notepad, and I have a grouping of keyboard and controller that uses most of a physical gamepad while replacing a few buttons with keyboard presses. However, it does not seem that reWASD recognizes these key presses generated by the other software, likely because it uses some kind of Windows API to send key presses (I'm assuming).

So my question is, is there any way to either A. access those emulated key presses somehow, or B. somehow accept MIDI data as an input source in a way that can be combined with a gamepad.

Thank you for any help, have a great day!

Hi. Unfortunately, no. reWASD does not work with virtual key presses.

Comment

Understood, thank you for the response. If you happen to be aware of any software that can map virtual key presses to a gamepad, do pass that info on. If not though, thank you again and have a great day!

Comment

Working...
      X