Virtual 360 controller stuck as Player 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual 360 controller stuck as Player 2

So I can't seem to get the virtual controller to work as anything but player 2.

So far all I've tried to do is set x and R trigger to rapid fire, which sets up a virtual controller. If I set it to hide physical Xbox One controller (connected via wireless adapter) I get no input in whatever game I'm playing unless the game supports same screen co-op and then it only works as player 2. I've tried setting the virtual 360 controller to the default device in the "setup usb game controllers" control panel, but this doesn't seem to have any effect. I have a logitech G13 gameboard hooked up with the G13 joystick disabled(as it grabbed priority in some games) so that shouldn't be affecting things. I've tried running ReWasd in administrator and that's made no difference.

Running on Windows 10 Pro.

Wish I could get this to work.

Hello!

Could you please send me the list of games you checked, so we could try them from our side?

In the meantime, I advise you Apply the config before entering the game. So, Apply the config - the virtual controller is created - then open the game.

Comment

So far I've tried Warframe, Sundered(has on screen co-op) Shantae Half-Genie Hero. Hmm, I tried applying the config before starting warframe, but once I'm in game I get no controller input at all.

Comment

Hmm, tried to apply the config before opening Warframe, still no input registered by the game.

I get a little bit input registered in Shantae Half-Genie Hero before the main menu (can move up and down between start and exit), but once I select start I get not further inputs registered on the select game data screen.

Sundered seems to work now as it didn't work right in 4.0. I used to either control two characters at once(physical controller not hidden) or just the second player character with the controller hidden. I'm mostly trying to get it to work in Warframe as some of the semi-auto weapons can be modded to attack stupidly fast so as to require a rapid fire function to make full use of them.

Comment

Thanks for the details.

Will get back to you a bit later after we check the game.

Comment

Hello again!

We have checked Warframe and found an interesting issue. It doesn't seem to recognize the controller until the reboot. It reproduces not only for Virtual Controller but for the physical one too. We think this issue is connected to specific in-game engine and can't do anything with it.

So, I advise you the following:
            1. Create a new config, add turbo to RT button and do not forget to Unmap this one.
            2. Apply this config, confirm to hide your physical gamepad.
            3. Ensure that tray agent and autoremap is on (these settings are default in Preferences), also ensure that you haven't disabled reWASD tray agent on startup in Windows settings.
            4. Reboot your system

After the reboot, the remap should be on and the game will see Virtual Controller instead of your physical one.

By the way, while testing the game we have found that it has an extremely inconvenient "Run" activator: you need to press and hold Left Stick click. We have add Toggle to it — and it worked much better With Toggle, you need to press click once to run and then press one time more to move slower. Seems it is much more convenient. As another option, you can add Left Stick click to High zone of the Left Stick in Advanced stick settings. That will activate running when you push the stick to its edge.

Hope it will help. I would be grateful if you let us know is the reboot helped you.

Comment

Well, I tried steps 1-4 and Warframe still doesn't see the virtual controller. Not sure what's going on. :frown:

Comment

Hm. You mentioned that you have wireless adapter. Could you please check the same with the controller connected via cable?

Comment

I get the same results wired. I wonder if resetting my Warframe config files would help, I'll see if I can figure out how to do that.

Comment

Would be grateful if you try!

Comment

Deleted EE.cfg; resolution and audio/video settings reset. Still can't move/attack/look with my character with the ReWasd config active though for some reason I can move the mouse cursor with the right thumbstick in menus (they added this to the interface a while ago and is normal). I'm not sure if that was working before we started trying to fix the situation. None of the other buttons seem to do anything still.

Comment

Did a bit more testing;

games rewasd virtual 360 controller works with:

1. Ms. Splosion Man
                        2. Prey 2017
                        3. Hell Yeah!
                        4. Cross Code
                        5. Sundered: Eldritch Edition
                        6. SteamWorld Dig 2
                        7. Inside
                        8. Sega Megadrive & Genesis Classics
                        9. Wizard of Legend

games it doesn't
                        1. Portal 2
                        2. PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate
                        3. Grim Dawn
                        4. Warframe
                        5. Mighty Switch Force: Hyperdrive Edition
                        6. Shantae Half-Genie Hero(can select Start or Exit, game doesn't respond to inputs after that)
                        7. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
                        8. Nex Machina
                        9. Melody's Escape

Testing method:
                        1.Start with Rewasd config active, see if I can control the game at all
                        2. if I can't control the game, turn config off, see that controller works normally

Comment

Hello!

Thank you very much for your immense testing. We will do more testing from our side too in order to understand why Warframe is OK on our computers and do not detect the virtual controller on your machine. By the way, same with Portal 2 — we tested it before and got better results.

Could I ask you to send me your msinfo so we will try to reproduce the same on our side? Type msinfo in Search line of the task bar, and in the window that will be opened choose File -> Save. And send this file here, to private messages or to support-eml@disc-soft.com.

Comment

Sent my .nfo file to support-eml@disc-soft.com(wasn't sure how to send an attachment in PMs).

Comment

Originally Posted by Fatallista View Post
                              Sent my .nfo file to support-eml@disc-soft.com(wasn't sure how to send an attachment in PMs).
                              Got it, thank you.

Please send me one more thing: the screenshot of your connected devices from "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers".

Comment

Working...
                              X