Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start the holiday season with reWASD 6.0!

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start the holiday season with reWASD 6.0!

Today, we have a big announcement and a major update — reWASD 6.0. Let’s take a closer look!
    • Check fully reworked GUI architecture with the familiar design but massive optimization
    You may not see the changes at once, but you will definitely feel them. reWASD does lots of operations in the background mode, while you could enjoy an optimized performance on different app levels. There is a tiny fly in the ointment — due to massive changes, we could not save the device associations, and so you will need to initialize the devices from scratch, adjust the Autodetect option and restore your LED settings after the update. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.
    • Edit mappings in Android app; view and apply configs in iOS app
    Adjust the basic mappings, add Turbo or Toggle, set Rumble and change Gamepad mappings in reWASD Junior for Android, and try our public beta of the iOS app — which allows you to view and apply configs and get notifications from the main reWASD PC.
    • Remap SNES via USB, Razer Raiju Mobile, Thrustmaster Dual Analog 4 and generic mode of Ipega 9023S
    Meet new supported devices: the clone of SNES connected via USB (and we are already working on original devices connected to Wii Remote), Razer Raiju Mobile (without M-buttons unfortunately), Thrustmaster Dual Analog 4 and a special mode detected on some Ipega controllers. Stay tuned for more updates
    • Remap Xbox One S, Series X and Elite Series 2 updated to 5.11+ firmware (without paddles on BT connection)
    You can learn more details about this firmware here — and check it with reWASD 6.0.
    • Send data of the Virtual DS4 controller to emulators via UDP protocol
    Connect any supported controller with a gyroscope, click on the Magic wand icon to switch it to the Virtual DS4, open Virtual controller settings and check the relevant option. Once you apply this config, it will start sending data via UDP, and you will be able to use this data with your favorite emulator that supports this feature
    • Check Overlay in full-screen DirectX 11 games
    Meet our next big step to show Notifications, Virtual controller tester and Tables of Mappings and Descriptions in full-screen games — DirectX 11 Overlay. Please note that to do it, we need to inject into the game, and it may be prohibited, especially in online titles. If you want to try, you should add the game processes to the list on the DirectX Overlay tab — and you are ready to go!
    • View the battery percentage for DS4, DualSense, Xbox connected via BT LE and MOGA controllers
    Move your mouse above the battery icon (either in the tray or in GUI), and you will see it
    • Assign mappings to the Activators of Shortcuts
    …to get even more actions with the same quantity of physical buttons.
    • Set the default Gyro initial state in Preferences and use separated commands to turn it on & off
    If you do not wish to use Shift mode for the same purpose, just go to Preferences -> Gamepads and check Off for the Gyro initial state. Then, do not forget to add one of the commands that will turn or toggle the gyroscope on and off.
    • Close reWASD background agent completely when you do not plan to use it
    This option is added to the tray agent context menu. Please be aware that we won’t be able to apply configs automatically if the background agent is not working at the moment.
    • Check German and Italian localization of the GUI
    Thanks to amazing Marco Molteni and Martin Geißler
    • Try our simplified logging procedure if you need to send a detailed report to the support team
    But let’s hope you will never need them

And finally, the list of fixes:
    • Fixed: GUI could not start or could not load configs in rare cases when the system loads invalid Newtonsoft.Json version from Global Assembly Cache folder instead of the local dll
    • Fixed: Xbox Series X is not detected if there are some other BT LE drivers in the system
    • Fixed: Some registry keys required to change the BT adapter for the External Virtual controller are not removed after reWASD uninstallation
    • Fixed: When connecting Elite Series 2 with physical non-zero slot via USB after BT connection, the unnecessary “Slot 1 is activated” notification is shown
    • Fixed: Flick Stick with non-default Duration mapped to Steam controller’s trackpad stops when the finger is released
    • Fixed: Inverted axes of the virtual stick mapped to the directions of the wireless mouse are emulated in the direct and inverted order at the same time.
    • Fixed: Fake mappings of the virtual controller are shown in Overlay and printing layout even if Hide physical controller when the virtual one is created option is unchecked
    • Fixed: Vibration settings are shown for the gamepads that do not have motors
    • Fixed: Steam controller connected via the official dongle appears in GUI after the system wake even if it is yet sleeping
    • Fixed: Configs for the same app name that differ due to capital and small letters are imported to the wrong folder
    • Fixed: The font color in Overlay notifications depends on the system colors and may not be visible enough due to our custom background color
  • Answer selected by reWASDer at 18.12.2021, 20:02.

Quick follow-up: we have uploaded reWASD 6.0.0.5153 build to our official website. It fixes an issue discussed here — some users with non-English locale might have encountered weird things with unverified license after the update. It is all OK now, so please re-download and install the build from the website if you see the same issue.

Comment

Awesome!! Updating right now, thank you guys!

Comment

Warning, this stupid update will overwrite ALL OF YOUR PRESETS. DO NOT UPDATE UNTIL YOU BACK UP YOUR FILES.

Comment

And nothing looks new, even though a radically different GUI is promised.

Comment

I'd be interested into the fine details of the backend optimization. So far it doesn't feel much lighter but I also drastically reduced the number of configs I had on drive since it was getting sluggish when launching the UI. Maybe I could put my full config library on my system again and it won't get so bogged down.

Shortcut Activators are huge! I don't typically use Shortcuts because I forget about them but I might have to keep them in mind now, if nothing more than just the sheer power they have in making complex configs.

The gyro changes will be well met by the Steam Controller crew.

The update to reWASD Junior is fantastic! This will make tweaking early config drafts a breeze. It's an often forgot aspect of config making that is quite a bit more tedious than initial draft and finalizing a config and this drastically reduces the tedium.

As usual these updates (especially the major version updates) are always something to look forward to. Thanks again and hopefully the dev team gets to take a week or two off to celebrate the holidays. They've certainly earned it.

Comment

Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
              Warning, this stupid update will overwrite ALL OF YOUR PRESETS. DO NOT UPDATE UNTIL YOU BACK UP YOUR FILES.
              With the update, cached data is deleted, but all configs will remain. After the update, the configs will need to be reassigned to the devices. It may also be necessary to re-initialize some devices and create groups.
              If your configs have been deleted, then please clarify they were stored in the default folder or in another.

Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
              And nothing looks new, even though a radically different GUI is promised.
              The GUI was technically redesigned from the inside, its visual changes were not planned.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback!

I'd be interested into the fine details of the backend optimization. So far it doesn't feel much lighter but I also drastically reduced the number of configs I had on drive since it was getting sluggish when launching the UI. Maybe I could put my full config library on my system again and it won't get so bogged down.
                Yes, I think you will be able to use much more configs. The first launch may be a bit longer, but then all the configs are cached and you can switch between them easily in GUI.

Shortcut Activators are huge! I don't typically use Shortcuts because I forget about them but I might have to keep them in mind now, if nothing more than just the sheer power they have in making complex configs.
                More possibilities for your amazing configs

The gyro changes will be well met by the Steam Controller crew.
                Yep, we have done that keeping Steam controller owners in mind. We do remember that we planned more improvements here, so stay tuned!

The update to reWASD Junior is fantastic! This will make tweaking early config drafts a breeze. It's an often forgot aspect of config making that is quite a bit more tedious than initial draft and finalizing a config and this drastically reduces the tedium.
                Thank you for your kind words! We are planning to make more things adjustable from the mobile device. Great to know that this feature is anticipated.

As usual these updates (especially the major version updates) are always something to look forward to. Thanks again and hopefully the dev team gets to take a week or two off to celebrate the holidays. They've certainly earned it.

Comment

Since the update the software doesn't recognize gamepads anymore. Not even the keyboard and mouse. Plus it is very slow to start. The gear button for preferences doesn't work anymore.
                  Everything was working yesterday, now all is just broken...
                  I uninstalled it and reinstalled and it is still completly unfunctionnal.

Comment

Hello Fredator !

I think we have found an issue that may lead to the similar symptoms. Please try the new build we have (I will send it to the DM right now).

Comment

Hello !
                      Same as Fredator , nothing works since the 6.0 update. It can't even recognize the license ( "Unverified license" on the upper left corner).
                      I hope it'll get fixed soon, it's a really nice software ! You're doing gamepad manufacturers' job

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikbis View Post
                        Hello !
                        Same as Fredator , nothing works since the 6.0 update. It can't even recognize the license ( "Unverified license" on the upper left corner).
                        I hope it'll get fixed soon, it's a really nice software ! You're doing gamepad manufacturers' job
                        Hey! Please try a clean reinstallation:
                        1. Remove reWASD.
                        2. Reboot
                        3. Install the latest build downloaded from the site
                        4. Reboot.

Comment

Done, but still broken. Just to be sure, I Downloaded the "reWASD600-5146.exe" from the site.
                          I have plenty of time today, hit me with the next instructions anytime ! :p

Comment

I sent you another build in DM.

Comment

It seems to be back on !
                              I come back at you if something goes wrong

Comment

Quick follow-up: we have uploaded reWASD 6.0.0.5153 build to our official website. It fixes an issue discussed here — some users with non-English locale might have encountered weird things with unverified license after the update. It is all OK now, so please re-download and install the build from the website if you see the same issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X