Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet Enhanced Shift mode & Flydigi controllers in reWASD 6.1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
    I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.
    Thanks, attached. I think I've found a workaround to do this though. If I copy my gyro shift layer to another shift layer, and assign a different layer to each button, then when I release any of the two buttons the gyro stays enabled. Haven't tested it properly so not sure if there is any disadvantage to this.
    Attached Files

Comment

We've checked for issues with Shift layers switching on Start Press + Release Press activators. On the release of the button, a return to the main configuration always works, and the gyro stops working like a mouse.
      It seems that the matter is still related to the breaks in the input of your controller, with which you contacted us earlier.

As for the two modifiers for one shift layer in Hold mode:
      Your workaround with copying layers should work perfectly. Gyro will be active until both modifiers are released.

Comment

We've checked for issues with Shift layers switching on Start Press + Release Press activators. On the release of the button, a return to the main configuration always works, and the gyro stops working like a mouse.
        It seems that the matter is still related to the breaks in the input of your controller, with which you contacted us earlier.

As for the two modifiers for one shift layer in Hold mode:
        Your workaround with copying layers should work perfectly. Gyro will be active until both modifiers are released.
        Thanks, I think you are right, this might be still related to the breaks in input that I'm having. I have a hunch that the issue might be related to some of the drivers/software that I run that have other 'virtual' mouse inputs, as when I close some of the software that I run the issue is minimized or even eliminated. For some reason though, it only seems to affect the Steam Controller via rewasd, and not the Dualsense or the steamcontroller via steaminput. Some of the software that might be conflicting that I'm investigating is Joy2key (which I use only for my driving wheel), and SuperDisplay/SpaceDesk, which is a remoting software with touch/mouse input for tablets, which I use to control my desktop pc from any room in my apartment.

Comment

It's really weird that this only happens with the Steam controller.
          It doesn't look like the tools you mentioned create a more global conflict with reWASD, especially since there are no issues with other controllers. However, I don't know how to help you in this case.

Comment

It's really weird that this only happens with the Steam controller.
            It doesn't look like the tools you mentioned create a more global conflict with reWASD, especially since there are no issues with other controllers. However, I don't know how to help you in this case.
            Thanks, will investigate further and try to find if a find the culprit.
            And thanks again for implementing the tap events, it's really great to be able to do more with the touchpads finally!
            As to the exiting of shift layers when multiple buttons are mapped to a specific layer, it might be good to have a workaround for this scenario, specially since there are only 4 shift layers. Maybe a preference to not exit a shift layer if another held button for the same shift layer is being pressed, or something like that.

Comment

Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post

Thanks, will investigate further and try to find if a find the culprit.
              And thanks again for implementing the tap events, it's really great to be able to do more with the touchpads finally!
              As to the exiting of shift layers when multiple buttons are mapped to a specific layer, it might be good to have a workaround for this scenario, specially since there are only 4 shift layers. Maybe a preference to not exit a shift layer if another held button for the same shift layer is being pressed, or something like that.
              We are planning to add more Shift layers in upcoming reWASD versions.

As for the ability to have the layer on, actually it works similar right now — if you have two Hold Jumps, and you do both: tap the trackpad and hold the trigger, then, once you release either of these controls, the second one sends you to the same Shift layer immediately. Which issues you are having with this config?

Comment

Thanks, the problem is with the release. For example, in this case, I want the gyro on if either of the touchpad or the left trigger are on. However, whenever you release either of them, it immediately switches you back to the main layer, even though the 'hold' for the still held button should in theory be active. Like I said, I have a workaround in this instance, but it would be good to have a preference for more complex behaviors.

Comment

Hm, but at the same moment, you get back to the Shift, if the second button is still pressed. Do you get different behavior?

Comment

It works if I have 2 different shifts. But if the two buttons go to the same shift, as soon as one releases, it goes back to the main layer.

Comment

Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
                      It works if I have 2 different shifts. But if the two buttons go to the same shift, as soon as one releases, it goes back to the main layer.
                      Am I right that you release the trigger? In this case, it seems to be a similar issue with the trackpad.
                      I've tried your config with my Steam controller. Each time I release one of the controls while another one is still pressed, it changes to the Shift 1 immediately.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

Am I right that you release the trigger? In this case, it seems to be a similar issue with the trackpad.
                        I've tried your config with my Steam controller. Each time I release one of the controls while another one is still pressed, it changes to the Shift 1 immediately.
                        Thanks,I'll try a similar config with my dualsense to see if it works as expected. As to my issues with the Steam Controller, have you tried using yours in BLE (bluetooth low energy mode)? I wonder if that is related to the issues I'm having, as before I was always using the Steam Controller with the dongle.

Comment

Ok. So just tried the dualsense with a similar config, gyro mapped to the left trigger and to the touchpad, both pointing to the same Shift 1 layer. It indeed works the first time around: For example if I have the left trigger, and then push the touchpad, but then release the trigger, the shift layer stays in Shift layer 1. However, if I push the left trigger again, (while still moving the touchpad), and release it, it goes back to the main layer, and the gyro is deactivated (even though I'm still continuously touching the touchpad, so I still should be in shift layer 1.

Comment

Example dualsense config (note that there are multiple buttons that enable the gyro, but the relevant ones I'm testing is the left trigger and the touchpad). To reproduce, push the left trigger (should enable gyro), touch the touchpad and continuously keep touching it for all upcoming steps (gyro still active), release the left trigger (gyro is still active), press the left trigger again (gyro still active), and release the left trigger (gyro stops).
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the details! I've reproduced the issue you are talking about — previously, I was holding my finger on the trackpad/touchpad, but in your case, you are moving it. It is a bit different case, so we will need some time for the research. I will let you know about how it goes.

Comment

Hello, will apex 1 add vibration function in future updates?

Comment

Working...
                                X