No announcement yet.

What is your favorite gamepad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta agree with reWASDer whole-heartedly here. The only thing Luna has going for it might be construction/feel and that's only because I haven't used one so I can't speak to it. It's simply lacking too many features for it to even be considered for me. No gyro (huuuuuuge problem), no back buttons, no touchpads, no haptic actuators, basic triggers. It's just an Xbox knockoff, which is the most under-featured controller from the big three console makers.

That same $70 could get ya a DualSense or a Nintendo Pro Controller. You could save a little and go the PowerA route like reWASDer suggested. Or you could spend a little extra and grab a Flydigi Vader/Apex or Steam Controller. No matter which you choose you're getting more input sources. Gyro Aim is a must for playing anything with reflex based aiming, back buttons are integral for pretty much anything competitive, and extra buttons anywhere are necessary for playing PC-centric games on a controller. For instance, all 3 of those input sources are required for a comfortable Guild Wars 1 config.

I don't want to say you're wrong about the Luna. Everyone user has different needs and if a basic XInput device is fine for you then who am I to say you're playing games wrong. But some people aren't aware of how outdated the standard Xbox Controller is, as is every controller designed to emulate it (like the Stadia controller).

Comment

I love Scuf Instinct Pro...

Give a try to it.

Comment

Sony DualSense Wireless Controller.

Comment

Any other option in place of Luna Controller? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Still didn't get the answer.

Comment

Sorry, not sure if I have more ideas

Comment

Originally Posted by lehad12 View Post
                Any other option in place of Luna Controller? Thanks in advance.
                It really depends what you want out of a controller. If you're just looking to play games with native XInput support then Luna alternatives would be an Xbox Series controller, a Switch Pro controller, or knockoffs of those two (such as from PowerA). Though honestly all of those controllers, including the Luna, are identical. You won't gain anything by switching to them aside from aesthetic or build quality.

Comment

Thanks for the opinions.

Comment

Working...
                  X