• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Scuf Instinct Pro...

Give a try to it.

Comment

Sony DualSense Wireless Controller.

Comment

Any other option in place of Luna Controller? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Still didn't get the answer.

Comment

Sorry, not sure if I have more ideas

Comment

Originally Posted by lehad12 View Post
              Any other option in place of Luna Controller? Thanks in advance.
              It really depends what you want out of a controller. If you're just looking to play games with native XInput support then Luna alternatives would be an Xbox Series controller, a Switch Pro controller, or knockoffs of those two (such as from PowerA). Though honestly all of those controllers, including the Luna, are identical. You won't gain anything by switching to them aside from aesthetic or build quality.

Comment

Thanks for the opinions.

Comment

Hah, for long time my favourite was Xbox 360 controller. I did not need anything else. Until I have bought Steam Controller. Steam Input completely changed my view on controllers topic. With Steam Controller i was able to do anything (except play fighting games). This is a real good beast. That's why I went for GameSir G5 for my mobile. Trackpad is working wonderfully and it is possible to copy Steam Controller experience for mobiles. Unfortunately, this controller does not have nice PC support. In the meantime I bought DualShock 3 for retro games and after adding pressure-sensitive buttons support I really started liking this feature. I'm still using it for old games. It would be my perfect trio. Until this year. I have recieved Flydigi Apex 2 for my birthday and completely feel in love with this controller. For now I am still learning its hidden power, but works like Xbox controller with additional buttons with gyro and additional stick. Even digital triggers are not a problem there as it's possible to remap them to bxy wheel for racing games. Really good controller. And I am suprised how they prepared it. Not a big difference from my Xbox Elite's quality.

So for now Apex 2, GameSir G5 and SteamController on podium.
                  For retro games I use DualShock 3 and it's perfect solution.
                  This year I want to give more love for my Switch Joy-Cons. I know that with two gyros I can achieve a lot, but I did not have enough time to create perfect configs.

I am disappointed that Xbox Elite/One received so less support from PC games for Triggers Vibration. The same with DualShock 4 for Light bar and touchpad. And it's happening for DualSense for haptic vibrations and adaptive triggers. I like these controllers but without reWASD they would be very weak.

Comment

I love the Razer controllers that add additional M1 and M2 buttons to the TOP of the controller, i.e. additional 'shoulder' buttons, nestled right between the bumpers and the triggers. I've grown extremely used to them and are now something I consider essential, much more useful and comfortable to me than back-buttons or back-paddles.

Currently I own two controllers that have additional 'top buttons', the Razer Wolverine Ultimate and the Flydigi Apex 2; I love both and I love making crazy control schemes that use the extra top buttons as Layer Shifting buttons or simply to move around bindings.

One thing I love doing for most FPS games is to map the keyboard hotkeys of 1-4 (or 1-8 using Hold Press for 5-8 keys) to the D-PAD, and if the game allows menu navigation using the arrow keys then I map the arrow keys to the D-PAD on Release Press, so I can use the D-PAD during normal gameplay to quickly access my weapons, and the arrow keys firing will do nothing, however upon entering a menu the Release Press fire of the arrow keys will allow the D-PAD to function for menu navigation.

However, if the game does not allow arrow key usage inside menus then I still map 1-4 (or 1-8) to the D-PAD, to have my quick access to weapons there, and then I turn the button that brings up the menu into a Toggle for a Shift Layer that returns the D-PAD to normal function, so I can navigate the menu, and then I make the Menu Close button (usually B) the Shift Return to Layer 0, so when I close the menu I return to normal gameplay but with the D-PAD back to 1-8 numeric keys.

As a backup, I make one of the extra top buttons a Layer Shift button that I can quickly press and keep it depressed to momentarily turn the D-PAD back to normal functionality, for situations where I need D-PAD's normal functions in regular gameplay outside of a menu, such as scrolling NPC dialog selectinos or a vendor menu, and then when I release the top button the Layer returns to 0 and I have my quickass D-PAD back.

Other than that I also find the Razer/Flydigi extra top buttons as very comfortable buttons to rebind L3/R3 (stick push-in buttons), as I hate pushing in the sticks. I think that alone justifies the extra top buttons, lol.

Comment

Would be great if we could support M-button of Razer gamepad, but unfortunately it is impossible without cooperation with Razer team. Hope it will happen someday

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                        Would be great if we could support M-button of Razer gamepad, but unfortunately it is impossible without cooperation with Razer team. Hope it will happen someday
                        What I do is that I choose to "give up" one or two buttons, like say the L3 (sprint usually in most games) or R3 (usually either crouch or melee in most games, or sometimes x-ray vision):

- I figure out a way to shuffle the L3 and R3 functions to other buttons while still keeping full functionality, for example in Cyberpunk I made the RB = L3 for sprinting, but then I made the RB Long Press = RB, so I can access regular RB function by long-pressing the button, then to keep menu functionality I also gave Release Press the numeric '3' key, which in Cyberpunk menus functions as the RB for tabbing between categories (they make 1 and 3 function as LB and RB within menus).

- Then I put the R3 function over on Long Press of 'B', no further modification was required there.

So with those two "given up" I then make the top buttons L3 and R3, and bind them either to keyboard keys or use them as Shifters with MUTE enabled. So it is true that the extra Razer buttons aren't actually "extra", they just duplicate existing buttons, but you can still use ReWASD to shuffle bindings around and 'double up' functions on existing buttons to 'free up' the extra buttons and use them for different things, with strategic mixing of keyboard bindings and controller bindings.

Another way of solving the "I lose menu RB functionality if I bind something else to RB" problem is to use Shortcuts so that, for example, L3 on RB only fires when you're moving the left analog stick, and that way you retain RB menu functionality while being able to use it as L3 spring when you're moving.

Also, wanted to share a small tip I've found out: you can bind a Macro 'execute at once' binding to a button under Long Press and then Long Press will ALWAYS fire the binding as soon as the Long Press time is reached; normally what would happen is it wouldn't fire the binding until the Long Press time was met and you released the button, assuming the binding in the game behaves normally. Don't know if I explained that well. It's a nice little trick that makes Long Pressing a bit more comfortable since you know the bind firing will always happen immediately upon the Long Press time being reached.

Comment

It's great that you find a use for activators in reWASD.

And also, I seem to get the gist of your advice to Long Press. After all, with a simple mapping of the button on Long Press, the key remains held even after the Long Press timer has reached, until you physically release the button. By replacing the normal mapping with a combo in the "Execute at once" mode, the mapping button works once upon reaching Long Press, regardless of whether you released the button or not. Pretty good advice for this kind of use case!

Comment

Yes exactly that. I was pretty stoked when I found out I could do that. Solved a few "problems" I'd been having with integrating long press into my schemes, lol.

Comment

Cool! We are happy that reWASD is improving your gaming experience.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shini
                                Redgear Pro series Minecraft gamepad are good in that matter. x-box like, cheap, and good quality. i'm using it over a year and not getting any issue.
                                The built-in lithium-ion battery in this gamepad allows you to game like a pro for up to 10 hours on a single charge. A single charge for upto 30-minute can provide uninterrupted gameplay for up to 2 hours. The gamepad comes with a plug and play feature which does not require any driver to be installed before gaming.​

Comment

Working...
                                X