X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voredo
    replied
    Originally Posted by CriticalComposer View Post

As far as I know they are trying to get funding and logistics down for mass production and aren't actually taking pre-orders yet. The pre-order button on their site appears to simply be a way for them to register interest in the product.
    oh, this is bad news. I hope they will get needed funding and all will be good eventually

Leave a comment:

• CriticalComposer
    replied
    Originally Posted by Voredo View Post
    I never saw these Gypard controllers, looks really comfortable and practical to use. I will preorder one and see if it can be delivered to my Calabria real estate. If it all works out I will try it out and will leave my honest review here.
    As far as I know they are trying to get funding and logistics down for mass production and aren't actually taking pre-orders yet. The pre-order button on their site appears to simply be a way for them to register interest in the product.

Leave a comment:

• Voredo
    replied
    I never saw these Gypard controllers, looks really comfortable and practical to use. If it all works out I will try it out and will leave my honest review here.
    Last edited by Voredo; 23.02.2022, 22:48.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Originally Posted by faraci12 View Post
    Its difficult to select but PS3. Great
    Exclusive games I suppose? There are several amazing titles for this generation.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Originally Posted by Mandor28
    Dreamcast. That was easily one of the best controllers I ever held. It was a super awkward design but it felt comfortable, and that with a VMU (memory card) was some pretty innovative shit. I actually enjoyed taking the VMU out with me and playing whatever little games you could actually play on it.
    It looks funny. I've never tried it, but I believe it is indeed handy

Leave a comment:

• faraci12
    replied
    Its difficult to select but PS3. Great

Leave a comment:

• romsgames
    replied
    I have a collection of retro video games. Hard to chose favorite. I would say GBA and Nintendo64. At the moment I dont have n64 in my collection so I play it via emulator Romsplanet. So I just download my fav games and enjoy the game on my PC
    Last edited by reWASDer; 21.09.2021, 16:36. Reason: do not publish unrelated links here please

Leave a comment:

• Ethan Connor
    replied
    Originally Posted by CriticalComposer View Post
    I don't really have a favorite gamepad at the moment, all of them have compromises. I love the Steam Controller -- specifically the triggers and the touchpads -- but it's a loud beast and many of the buttons require quite a bit of force to be pressed. It didn't bother me until I had used a DS4 for a year going back it's a bit tough to use. The DS4 with the official back button attachment is current primary device but joysticks are archaic. They do the job fine but I don't use the right joystick for aiming and the large touchpad of the Steam Controller is amazing for movement bindings.

However both of these devices require my hands to positioned together and they also supply a symmetrical arrangement of keys. I've used joycons in the past and I love the split controller design but the controllers are much too small for my hands and the abysmal 66hz polling rate creates noticeable input latency. The Gypard controllers look like interesting alternatives to the joycons as long as the hardware ends up being top notch (250+ hz polling rate and an accurate IMU, hopefully 9-axis to help counter drift) and would work well for PC-centric games if paired with something like the Logitech G13 or Nostromo n52 in the left hand for hotkeys. I'm really, really interesting in the etee controllers. The top thumb part acts very much like the Steam Controller touchpad (can use to swipe or scroll or have it act like a joystick) and the touch grip looks great for assigning bindings to all of your fingers -- instead of usually just your thumb, primary, and middle fingers). But we'll see how they work when more reviews come out. The tech on the grip needs to be really good in order to not have misread or dropped inputs due to fingers being slightly off the sensors or something. It could also add to immersion by bringing the gesture based inputs of VR to flat gaming.

But for now I'm happy with the DS4 (plus back buttons). It isn't perfect but it tends to get the job done in a majority of things. I also love peripherals and have dance pads and fight sticks for those special occasions (2D games deserve to be played with an arcade stick 😅).
    Wow you have so many game pads.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Wow! You have an awesome collection of devices!

We haven't seen Gypard or Etee controllers yet, but both look promising. We will try to check them and understand if they could get some additional benefits from reWASD

Leave a comment:

• CriticalComposer
    replied
    I don't really have a favorite gamepad at the moment, all of them have compromises. I love the Steam Controller -- specifically the triggers and the touchpads -- but it's a loud beast and many of the buttons require quite a bit of force to be pressed. It didn't bother me until I had used a DS4 for a year going back it's a bit tough to use. The DS4 with the official back button attachment is current primary device but joysticks are archaic. They do the job fine but I don't use the right joystick for aiming and the large touchpad of the Steam Controller is amazing for movement bindings.

However both of these devices require my hands to positioned together and they also supply a symmetrical arrangement of keys. I've used joycons in the past and I love the split controller design but the controllers are much too small for my hands and the abysmal 66hz polling rate creates noticeable input latency. The Gypard controllers look like interesting alternatives to the joycons as long as the hardware ends up being top notch (250+ hz polling rate and an accurate IMU, hopefully 9-axis to help counter drift) and would work well for PC-centric games if paired with something like the Logitech G13 or Nostromo n52 in the left hand for hotkeys. I'm really, really interesting in the etee controllers. The top thumb part acts very much like the Steam Controller touchpad (can use to swipe or scroll or have it act like a joystick) and the touch grip looks great for assigning bindings to all of your fingers -- instead of usually just your thumb, primary, and middle fingers). But we'll see how they work when more reviews come out. The tech on the grip needs to be really good in order to not have misread or dropped inputs due to fingers being slightly off the sensors or something. It could also add to immersion by bringing the gesture based inputs of VR to flat gaming.

But for now I'm happy with the DS4 (plus back buttons). It isn't perfect but it tends to get the job done in a majority of things. I also love peripherals and have dance pads and fight sticks for those special occasions (2D games deserve to be played with an arcade stick 😅).

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Thanks for sharing, this is truly an interesting combo. Do you add keyboard mappings to the Nav and use your mouse as a mouse?

Leave a comment:

• bojote
    replied
    PS3 Nav Controller for movement (connected wirelessly) and paired with a G502 wireless mouse for FPS games. It feels so natural you'll wonder how you even considered the keyboard WASD in the first place. Its one of those things you have to try to understand.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    started a topic What is your favorite gamepad?

What is your favorite gamepad?

Do you have an all-time favorite gamepad? Is it new or old but gold? Or maybe it is not a gamepad but a gaming mouse/keypad or any other device? Do you use it separately or in a group with other ones? Would be happy to know more about your gaming tools
Working...
X