Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Happy to know that yoг like our recent changes

1. D-Pad mappings were added to trackpads, yes. In analog mode, we emulate only analog controls. So, this is the only place where we can add D-Pad.
    Sticks have so many other group mapping Frankly speaking, it is the first time when someone wants to switch stick and d-pad, hm.

2. Configs for support? I'm sorry, I do not understand your suggestion. May I ask for the details?

3. I suppose you want to link the drop-down list and the dots in the bottom, right?

4. reWASD marks the slots to which the configs will be applied:

Click image for larger version  Name:	7e8665d465.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.8 KB ID:	221478

5. It is already working and was working before 5.5.1.

6. When there is no configs applied but reWASD uses Steam exclusively, we emulate the same behavior this controller has by default: Lizard mode. Trackpad works as Mouse, Full Trigger presses work as mouse buttons, all other controller buttons have some mappings that let you navigate the desktop. We have copied the exact hardware config the gamepad has by default. If you do not need it, please uncheck the relevant option in Preferences, Gamepads tab.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      1. In analog mode, we emulate only analog controls.
      I didn’t say I want it to be mapped in the analog mode, did I? 🤔? The group mappings in both modes of Touchpads are quite satisfying now. So, I’m not talking about them.

Sticks have so many other group mapping Frankly speaking, it is the first time when someone wants to switch stick and d-pad, hm.
      For the Steam controller, if we use the Touchpad for left/right sticks, the left stick has to be mapped as the D-pad(for use in some games). So, it’s very convenient to have a group mapping of the D-pad in the menu. Because sometimes we just mess around the mappings and if we want to change it back to the previous mapping as D-pad, we have to manually do it one by one again. It’s very annoying. Also, the group mapping of the “WASD” is missing in the digital mode of the Touchpads.
      So, the suggestions are:

● Add a group mapping of the “D-Pad” to the:
      1. Steam controller: Left Stick,
      2. Other controllers: D-Pad,
      3. Other controllers[Optional]: Left/Right Sticks.
      ● Add a group mapping of the “WASD” to the digital mode of the Touchpads on the Steam controller.

BTW, I’m very curious why do we have to know the two modes for Touchpads? The users seem to don’t have to bother what mode is right now. Why not just combining the group mappings of both modes into/under one menu? Look at the menu of the left sticks, editing on the sticks is so quick, smooth, and effortless. Also, most important, we can edit all mappings of both modes at the same time and on the same menu(I mean, don’t have to bother with which modes, actually). I just don’t understand why makes the editing on Touchpads kinda different and less intuitive from the sticks. We know they’re different but don’t have to make the editing kinda different because of that. Does it have any benefit to specifically indicate/switch two modes when editing mappings? The advanced menu could be different according to what the group mappings we choose though.

2. Configs for support? I'm sorry, I do not understand your suggestion. May I ask for the details?
      “TO” support/have/add the function that using shortcuts and activators to switch configs.

3. I suppose you want to link the drop-down list and the dots in the bottom, right?
      No, that’s kinda weird maybe, I don’t know. Nevermind.

What I mean is, when clicking on the different config on the top for editing, to show the corresponding slot on the menu, just like the “Radar.” If the config isn’t saved to any slot, then show blank or “--” instead.

4. reWASD marks the slots to which the configs will be applied
      I know that. And maybe this is the better way to do it because one config could be applied to more than one slot.
      A stupid suggestion I think. 😬

5. It is already working and was working before 5.5.1.
      It’s only working if we select a slot at first and don’t start to edit any mapping. We have to open the dropdown menu again to select the desired slot rather than hovering and scrolling them to apply if we finish editing a config.

6. ...We have copied the exact hardware config the gamepad has by default. If you do not need it, please uncheck the relevant option in Preferences, Gamepads tab.
      Oh, I see. This “Lizard mode” combining the setting of “Hook controller buttons” are driving me crazy like nut!!! That Lizard mappings are jumping all around on all my mappings of the inputs wherever I pressed on the controller.

Now it’s solved after unchecking it and rebooting. GGGGeeeezzzz.

And may I ask what are those mappings of the “Lizard mode” on the Steam controller?

I know the right Grip is “F9” because I have a software binding it to toggle the highest/lowest brightness of my monitor. So, you know what happened every time I press the right Grip when editing the mappings. GGGGeeeezzzz.
      Last edited by AxJ; 16.09.2020, 13:01.

Comment

Ok, got your point about D-Pad for other controls. Will see where to find a space for them

Different modes for trackpads have completely different advanced settings. Steam also has this logic, at first, you need to choose how the trackpad will be used: as a d-pad, mouse joystick and so on. Funny, but this time we decided to follow their logic.

“TO” support/have/add the function that using shortcuts and activators to switch configs.
        You can set a hotkey (shortcut) for the slots at the moment from Preferences. But yes, we can do other switching options in the future versions.

It’s only working if we select a slot at first and don’t start to edit any mapping. We have to open the dropdown menu again to select the desired slot rather than hovering and scrolling them to apply if we finish editing a config.
        It's a kind of "Windows-ish" thing. You can scroll the list if it is focused only. So, you need to focus on the drop-down list, and you can do only if you click it.

Oh, I see. This “Lizard mode” combining the setting of “Hook controller buttons” are driving me crazy like nut!!! That Lizard mappings are jumping all around on all my mappings of the inputs wherever I pressed on the controller.
        Thanks for describing this behavior. Yes, you can right, both options are not good to be used together. We will switch Lizard mode off by default.

All the keys we emulate in "Lizard mode" from reWASD are the same as in Lizard mode the controller has by default. If you turn remap off, close reWASD window, close Steam, you will see that your controller acts like this. We didn't add anything above — all the mappings are copied from the firmware. So, you'd better ask Valve why they chose those keys We decided that when reWASD uses controller in exclusive mode, you may also want to get the default behavior and be able to navigate without a physical keyboard and mouse, and that is why we added this optional thing.

Comment

...Funny, but this time we decided to follow their logic.
          That’s fine and we all love whatever logic as long as they’re good for the UI/UX. You’re doing very well and reWASD is getting better and better!
          You can set a hotkey (shortcut) for the slots at the moment from Preferences.
          Yes, I know and this is another kinda logic and architect thingy of the software again. What I wish is directly assign the shortcuts and activator to the configs themselves rather than the slots. reWASD could process and execute with the current flow and logic of the Slots in the background. But in the foreground and frontend, I think it’s simpler for the users just only deal with the game profiles and the configs within them.

And I can’t think of why the users don’t want one or some of the configs they create not using in the game(profile) by autodetection? If they really don’t want to, just don’t assign any shortcut or activator to the configs. I think the “Radar” is doing the same thing but the Slots+Radar+Autodetection mechanism is quite a “unique & intriguing” complication to me.

Nevertheless, the “currently applied slots” section for the non-auto detectable programs like the UWP ones and desktop applications is very important though.
          But yes, we can do other switching options in the future versions.
          Oh~~ Awesome!! Looking forward to it! Best developers of the year!
          4. reWASD marks the slots to which the configs will be applied
          "● Add all slot numbers under the configs if saved to the slots. Thus, we don’t have to check which config is saved to which slot one by one."

About this, I got confused by myself when I wrote that reply in my previous comment. 😝
          What my suggestion is like this:
          https://i.imgur.com/oVTmshO.png
          It's a kind of "Windows-ish" thing. You can scroll the list if it is focused only...
          But shouldn’t it doable? I saw software that has this feature, e.g. Gimp or Blender.
          https://i.imgur.com/s55hlu7.mp4
          All the keys we emulate in "Lizard mode" from reWASD are the same as in Lizard mode the controller has by default.
          What does it mean? It doesn’t happen to my Steam controller in the Steam client before.
          If you turn remap off, close reWASD window, close Steam, you will see that your controller acts like this.
          Oh, thanks for the explanation. This drove me crazy too. I thought it’s something wrong or a ghost with the software or my computer. So, this exists in the driver that the OS detects?
          ...you may also want to get the default behavior and be able to navigate without a physical keyboard and mouse, and that is why we added this optional thing.
          This is fair enough and understandable.

Also, one more suggestion:
          ● To open the default game profile folder of reWASD rather than remember the one last time opened(MS explorer?) when importing a config from another game profile.
          Last edited by AxJ; 16.09.2020, 18:08.

Comment

Hotkey that applies a config, I see. The problem is that this hotkey will be saved to the config, and so you will need to map it in each your config when you apply it. In this case, slots are much more universal. We are planning to add a command that can be mapped to any activator, but it will be switching 1 of 4 slots. Won't promise you a command to turn on any config file, but we will keep this idea in mind.

Got your point about a slot number. We will add this info as a hint. Showing labels (like it is described on your screenshot) looks too heavy, sorry.

But shouldn’t it doable? I saw software that has this feature, e.g. Gimp or Blender.
            I didn't mean that it is not possible, it is just not typical behavior. We are trying to follow the guidelines of the operating system, not other apps.

What does it mean? It doesn’t happen to my Steam controller in the Steam client before.
            Nope, this is not the thing that Steam client does. This is a config that is applied to the controller's firmware. Maybe, you always keep your Steam client launched?

To open the default game profile folder of reWASD rather than remember the one last time opened(MS explorer?) when importing a config from another game profile.
            Got it, will add to our list of tasks

Comment

We will add this info as a hint. Showing labels (like it is described on your screenshot) looks too heavy, sorry.
              Ok, better than nothing, I guess. Any chance to have the "showing labels" as an option?

We are trying to follow the guidelines of the operating system, not other apps.
              Too bad...even if it's a handy feature?

This is a config that is applied to the controller's firmware. Maybe, you always keep your Steam client launched?
              Oh...firmware, I see.
              I do keep the Steam client on all the time if possible. But that lizard would still mess around somehow. I would test more if I can later.

Got it, will add to our list of tasks
              Yeeaahhyyyyyy!!!

Comment

We will discuss the features with a team

Comment

Originally Posted by AxJ View Post
                  Hi, some thoughts after messing around this revolutionary awesome tool with my precious Steam Controller:

[Suggestions]:

0️⃣7️⃣ Or, in the current icon layout, can the background of the corresponding icon be highlighted when the mouse hovering on the "Left/Right Touchpad/Stick" and "Direction-Pad"?

1️⃣9️⃣ On-screen overlay(when this feature implemented) to show the current "Shift mode & Slots" name while switching.
                  Hello AxJ !

We have just released reWASD 5.7. Those two above mentioned suggestions are available for you in the new version. Would be grateful if you try, especially because you will get the full trial with this version even if it was finished before.

Comment

Hello AxJ !
                    We have just released reWASD 5.7. Those two above mentioned suggestions are available for you in the new version. Would be grateful if you try, especially because you will get the full trial with this version even if it was finished before.
                    Thanks, both work great!!! Especially the 0️⃣7️⃣ Highlight current icon, it's perfect! As for the OSD, unfortunately, it doesn't show up in-game. But still a great improvement!! Good job and keep going!!! Looking forward to more features to come soon, especially the 0️⃣1️⃣, 0️⃣2️⃣, and 0️⃣3️⃣.

BTW, I already bought the reWASD on 11/11 last year. It's a great deal!!!

Comment

Thanks, both work great!!! Especially the 0️⃣7️⃣ Highlight current icon, it's perfect! As for the OSD, unfortunately, it doesn't show up in-game. But still a great improvement!! Good job and keep going!!! Looking forward to more features to come soon, especially the 0️⃣1️⃣, 0️⃣2️⃣, and 0️⃣3️⃣.

BTW, I already bought the reWASD on 11/11 last year. It's a great deal!!!
                      Thank you for your nice words! We try to improve our app with each subsequent update. As for Desktop Overlay, it is designed for applications/games running in windowed mode. So it is possible that it will not be displayed in full screen games.

By the way, what game do you have that doesn't show Overlay?

Comment

Ah....I see. The game is Forza Horizon 4. I haven't tested Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 6 Apex yet. And because I only use reWASD for games that can't be played through Steam so there are not many games I can test. I also quickly tested two demos, the "Project Wingman Demo" and "Tomb Raider DOX Demo." As you said, the Overlay does work great in the borderless windowed mode of both games. Hope this helps.
                        Last edited by AxJ; 13.05.2021, 01:13.

Comment

Ah....I see. The game is Forza Horizon 4. I haven't tested Forza Horizon 3 and Forza 6 Apex yet. And because I only use reWASD for games that can't be played through Steam so there are not many games I can test. I also quickly tested two demos, the "Project Wingman Demo" and "Tomb Raider DOX Demo." As you said, the Overlay does work great in the borderless windowed mode of both games. Hope this helps.
                          Thanks for your assistance!

Comment

Working...
                          X