Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option to lower the Shortcut press time even more.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option to lower the Shortcut press time even more.

V 6.0.1 with keyboard only

A=attack
    B=Jump
    C=Special

A+B=C , the output of C is instant , no question about it.

But the deal breaker is when you press A or B alone....

Problem (using the shortcut mode)
    1. It may eat your input when you press A/B lightly (without mashing or press long enough i guess)
    2. The jumping distance is much shorter than native, useless you keep holding b longer...
    3. Input delay

Tested games (problems)
    Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 (1,2,3)
    F I S T Forged In Shadow Torch (1,2,3)
    Nine Sols DEMO (2) <<< only with one problem , There's hope here.

The lowest shortcut time valve allowed is 50ms
    I guess lower the shortcut time is a self help solution (The higher the valve the problem go even worst...)

So, can you guys let us lower the timing even more ? thks

Hello!

Press Time lets reWASD distinguish the button press from the shortcut press. 50ms is the lowest possible that guarantee that the correct mapping will fire and you will be able to press shortcut instead of two separate buttons.

If you do not want any delay, you may need to check Shift mode instead of Shortcuts — it will suit better, I hope. With Shift mode, you will need a Jump button — the one that will switch you to the additional layer — and the second button with a special mapping activated when you are in the new layer.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	123.png
Views:	301
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	231846

I don't think shift mode thing will do the cut.

A+B=C
      A+B=ACB (shift mode)​​​​

But i will keep toying with it for the solution...

Comment

Got your point about the Shift mode, indeed, in your case, Shortcuts suit better.

We will try to lower the Press Time in the next versions, but it will take some time — we will need to re-test everything to be sure that it works properly.

Still, the delay is required here — we need to distinguish the normal and shortcut press. It is not possible to remove this delay completely.

Comment

Thks, happy to hear that

Comment

No problem! Stay tuned for the updates

Comment

Name:	1234.png
Views:	288
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	231861
              ----------

Comment

Hey there!

You may try to remap your A button to the following combo:

Name:	cfbeb35b51.png
Views:	316
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	231863

...and then Mute its native behavior. The same should be done for all buttons used in Shortcut.

Then, when the button is working "normally" — pressed alone without other Shortcut participants — it will be pressed the exact amount of time. I hope it may help in your case.
                Please try 20-50 ms pause and check how the game reacts.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                  Hey there!

You may try to remap your A button to the following combo:

Name:	cfbeb35b51.png
Views:	316
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	231863

...and then Mute its native behavior. The same should be done for all buttons used in Shortcut.

Then, when the button is working "normally" — pressed alone without other Shortcut participants — it will be pressed the exact amount of time. I hope it may help in your case.
                  Please try 20-50 ms pause and check how the game reacts.
                  Thk for the new solution but but my combo trial period are gone... ;_;

Comment

Originally Posted by ControlFreak View Post

Thk for the new solution but but my combo trial period are gone... ;_;
                    No worries, we should definitely test this workaround. To prolong the trial period for you, I need to identify you in our database by a system ID. Please download this tool: http://files.disc-soft.com/filer/shared/1626182007/628/ (if the download doesn't start automatically, please copy and paste this link to the browser).

Launch it, copy SID that will be revealed and send it to me.

Comment

AC31F74092A48F9B47DC9D00B07EAAC8FF174B69E766E440B5 DE880F55D23A0F
                      Let's go this

Comment

Thank you, done!

Please go to License tab ( at the bottom right) and press Refresh the activation status button at the top-right. You should see new trial days added.

Comment

Thank for the trial of combo/macro mode so i can start to solve this problem with a different angle.
                          Short answer is i solved all of the critic problems caused by the shortcut mode , but not the way you may expect , ho ho ho.

And here is the report with a video below. A bit long but plz take a look.

The problems (bad keys timing and pacing in general)

1.Attack may charge itself even you are not holding the key
                          2.Jumping is shorter than native
                          3.Jumping input can be eaten , and happen a lot
                          4.input blocked or delayed

Using rewasd macro for the problems
                          Keep in mind that shortcut mode will always mess with the timing of the related keys

The good
                          No more eat input thing happening anymore

Improved but not perfect
                          The timing is still not correct but much reasonable than before.

Deal breaker
                          The jumping height is fixed and limited because of macro timing.
                          If you use the hold until release mode then the timing will turn back to a mess ...
                          Eat input and jumping short will also come back.

Because of these i consider it is fail and almost give up....

But wait ...
                          How about let the autohotkey to handle those keys with controllable macro While keeping the shortcut mode on.
                          So i created a simple script , and i can't believe it actually work... ;_;

Here is the video to show the shortcut problems and the effects of the script

[Controls]
                          Autohotkey and game
                          numpad0 = k = attack
                          numpaddot = j = jump
                          H = Heavy attack / special

Rewasd (shortcut mode)
                          numpad0 + numpaddot = H

Additional explain

-Without the script, when you tap the attack button it will hold the button for you so it drilling longer... and sometimes it doesn't...
                          With the script , it will drill longer only when i hold the button for myself.

-I need to remap the key when the script is on , because the script is remapped numpad0 and numpad1

-The framerate of the video seem to be low and delay , but from my big screen is 60fps

;--------------The script for rewasd shortcut mode timing-----------------

#NoEnv
                          ListLines Off
                          Process, Priority, , A
                          SendMode Input
                          #Persistent
                          #MaxHotkeysPerInterval 99000000
                          #HotkeyInterval 99000000
                          #SingleInstance Force

numpad0:: ; Attack key (part of the shortcut)
                          Send {k down} ; Hold down attack key
                          Sleep 40 ; Hold for 40ms, normallize the shortcut insane timing
                          KeyWait, numpad0 ; Keep holding unless the attack key is released
                          Send {k up} ; Release attack key
                          return

numpaddot:: ; Jumping key (part of the shortcut)
                          Send {j down} ; Hold jumping key
                          Sleep 50 ; Increase the holding time from 3ms, to counter the short jumping problem
                          KeyWait, numpaddot ; Let' you jump higher until you release jumping key
                          Send {j up} ; Release jumping key
                          return

;=================END---------------------------------------------

Final Thought
                          This problem cause me a headache so i won't dig into it anymore, and the "solution" is good enough for me anyway.

I spotted some functions of rewasd are using the same funny key timing aside the shortcut mode...
                          They are functional but for the time Sensitive game and controls , not so much...
                          Like the last post mentioned before , their timing need to be normalized as mush as possible.

Autohotkey can send a key in different speed base on the mode you want. (send, sendevent...)
                          When i remap Elden ring with ahk , send mode will not work with it . But with sendevent it works.

Similarly, do autohotkey need another method/mode to send the key ? Or a way to control the speed of key sending in general ?

Comment

Similarly, do rewasd need another method/mode to send the key ? Or a way to control the speed of key sending in general ?

Comment

Thank you for the research!

If you use the hold until release mode then the timing will turn back to a mess ...
                              Hold until release mode won't work for your case. You need to create Execute at once combo only. If you choose Hold until release, then you get an ordinary mapping, it is the same if you do not use the combo at all.

I think the issue is connected to the timings only. The game waits while you press the key for some time, I think it is about 20-30 ms, this is the approximate time required to press a key quickly physically. If you still get inconsistent behavior, you may need to try different pauses (duration of the pressed key).

When you use Shortcut, reWASD replaces the normal button press to the Execute at once combo that lasts 10 ms only. And it seems it is not enough for your game.

Please check it with Execute at once combos. I hope it should solve the issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X