Custom Virtual Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Virtual Controller

Hi, I'm returning to this topic after years with reWASD. I initially started using this program with my original gen 1 Xbox Elite controller. The ability to map the paddles was the main reason I was happy to purchase this software.

I am in desperate need of the ability to create a custom virtual controller. I have used other software to do this over the years, however, reWASD is the only software I've tried that maps the elite controller paddles as separate inputs. It's a total shame / waste that we can't also use those for separate outputs that aren't just KBM or the four controller options available (x360, xone, ps4, switch pro). If we were able to create custom controllers, we could do things like create a controller with 30 buttons and one axis and assign those in any configuration. An example of this is the vjoy configuration utility where you can set number of axes, buttons, pov hats, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	223
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	237462

This has been brought up a few times over the years: Stadia extra buttons - reWASD Forum​ and Virtual DirectInput Controller - reWASD Forum​. Is there any movement or development on this front?
    Attached Files

I completely agree with you. The possibility of creating a custom virtual controller might help to avoid the problem of unsupported devices at all.

I'm sure that reWASD devs are already thinking about this. However, there are no definite plans and no full understanding of how this might work in reWASD.

Thank you for the suggestion

Comment

Yes, such controller was already planned. However, it would be visible only in very old games which you use DirectInput. Please clarify its intended purpose and how you plan to use it?

Comment

Working...
      X