No announcement yet.

Recoil control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I am trying to use this on many weapons, such as single shot pistols (hand cannons in destiny) which have a lot of recoil. If you fire the gun and simultaneously push down on the thumbstick for the duration of the shot (VERY hard to do) then this controls recoil.

Also on auto rifles and submachine guns the same thing is true, but you exert continous down pressure on the right stick while firing, and it controls recoil.

That is why i was so pleased when I thought I had found a fix with "hold until release", but of course as I said, as soon as you apply any right stick, even to the side, it just overrides the key combo and stops it working.

I could see perhaps a workaround with single shot weapons with execute at once, e.g. Fire equals down on right stick, fire, up on right stick, but otherwise no good?

Comment

I see. We will think what is possible to do, no worries.

reWASD adds stick moves as absolute values that is why when you push the original stick, you do not see the combo results. We will also investigate how we could add relative moves to combos in the next versions.

Comment

Hey there!

We have released reWASD 5.2 that allows you to set relative stick deflections to use in a combo sequence.
        These mappings are work together with the stick moves and so may be used in your case.

We would be grateful if you check the new version out and share your feedback :satisfied:

Comment

Hello. So I've started using rewasd again after several years for mw2. Tried to create recoil control and found just like several years ago in destiny the same problem. The downstick is applied when you provide no input on the right stick, but when you do it overrides the input from rewasd meaning recoil control doesnt work. I found this old thread where I asked about this. Did this ever get fixed? Thanks.

Comment

You can use [Relative Deflections] in Combo now. They will add to the physical stick position instead of overriding it.
            Check cases #19 and #20 here for more details.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
              You can use [Relative Deflections] in Combo now. They will add to the physical stick position instead of overriding it.
              Check cases #19 and #20 here for more details.
              Amazing that worked! Just what I needed thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X