No announcement yet.

Simulate square analog stick area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty interesting, thanks for the details!

WASD is a digital input, so it should not influence the deflection. We will investigate this game, thank you for giving a clue.

Comment

I'm just looking to check in on any indication of potential progress for this feature. It would still be a greatly beneficial setting if implemented into REWASD.

Comment

Originally Posted by atesmab View Post
        I'm just looking to check in on any indication of potential progress for this feature. It would still be a greatly beneficial setting if implemented into REWASD.
        Hey there! Unfortunately, this feature is not ready yet and won't be added to the upcoming release. No worries, it is in our to-do list and will try our best to deliver it as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

Hey there! Unfortunately, this feature is not ready yet and won't be added to the upcoming release. No worries, it is in our to-do list and will try our best to deliver it as soon as possible.
          Why do you keep focusing on worthless features when this is something that fundamentally breaks many games and should be extremely simple to implement, and yet here over a year after it was requested you've still giving us excuses? Why would anyone pay for your broken software when you don't care enough to fix it.

Comment

I am sorry, but we can't develop everything at once. Other features are also important. This one could not break many games, the square stick is not for all of them, and most games do not see the difference.

This is a feature request, it is not a bug we could and must fix at once.

Comment

It's been a while since the last reply. I'm still interested in seeing this feature implemented as it's always annoying to have to work around it. Is it still on the to-do list?

Comment

Originally Posted by 6Rwlz View Post
                Is it still on the to-do list?
                Yes. ETA is probably Q3-4 of 2023. Might be sooner. Depends on the user demand for this feature.

Comment

For what it's worth, if you're playing a game via Steam, I'm pretty sure you can change the analog stick/deadzone to square via Steam Input. I've messed around with this enough to know that it really doesn't cause any problems with your ReWASD config, virtual controller or native.

It's in the deadzone area of each analog stick's settings.

Comment

I don't use steam^ but would really like this feature mentioned in this thread to be in rewasd! I love rewasd and would love for it to have as many features as possible.

Comment

Hello

I'm happy to inform you that reWASD added Squared Sticks settings for virtual controllers. You can check how it works right now

Comment

Working...
                      X