No announcement yet.

Xbox Elite Series 2 mapping trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaaaand new problem. ACC has no option to disable controller support and actually quite a few of the settings in the game for gamepad are very important, but it automatically overrides reWASD and sets the paddle inputs to ABXY. It doesn't change the reWASD profile, just the game won't use the reWASD bindings instead of the gamepad bindings for some reason.

Comment

I think you need "Unmap" on this stage. This will eliminate the native controller behavior:

Click image for larger version

Name:	53560875b6.jpg
Views:	1481
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	217699

Comment

I'm one sep ahead of you. If you watched the youtube video I made and linked previously it shows I have all 4 paddles properly "unmapped"

Comment

Ok, great!

Could you please then check in system tool how the system sees paddles after the reWASD remap is on?

Type joy.cpl in the Windows menu bar and open the suggested tool. Locate your controller, click Properties and try to press one paddle by another. Are any buttons highlighted?

Click image for larger version

Name:	bdc44ab66a.jpg
Views:	1114
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	217705
          Attached Files

Comment

Also, I have a few more questions for you Unfortunately, we still can't reproduce the issues you have, so we will need your help:

1. Could you please open Xbox app to check the firmware version? Please send me a screenshot of how your Elite controller is shown there.
            2. Could you please try different connection types? Am I right, you connect your controller via USB? Could you please switch to Bluetooth or Wi-Fi adapter, re-Apply the config and try again?

And one more important thing: please do not test your applied config in reWASD. After you apply, go to Notepad at once so you won't add unintended mappings and won't corrupt your config.

Comment

The controller is working properly. I tried the joy.cpl and I know for a fact the inputs-changed worked when I changed the paddles to I, J, K and L on the keyboard. I've given up trying to map to the num-pad keys because clearly it just doesn't work for me for some reason. The new inputs are kinda like extra WASDs but for shifting my car and changing the HUD. this works in Forza Horizon 4, American Truck Simulator, and many other racing games except for Assetto Corsa Competizione. Competizione locks the inputs between a gamepad or a keyboard, meaning only ONE can provide inputs to the game at once. That means I can't use my custom config with this game because with the gamepad enabled I can use throttle, steering and whatnot but no shifting. If I set the game to detect a keyboard it will shift and I can change the HUD like I wanted but it locks me out of gamepad functions like throttle and steering, which are kind of important.

I'm running on Xbox Accessories version 300.1911.1001.0
              ReWASD version 5.2.0
              And I connect exclusively over USB because my motherboard doesn't have a bluetooth adapter and the input lag isn't worth it anyway. In every sense the controller should perform better plugged-in, and if reWASD is somehow broken when the controller is plugged in but works properly on bluetooth then I'm sorry but that's a major flaw and pretty unacceptable.

Also I don't mean to be rude, but this sounds automated and you're repeating yourself. "Please use notepad to..." we already established this before, and in my VIDEO that I shot for you that I test the inputs in notepad once I was told the first time.

Comment

The reason I want you to check the inputs in joy.cpl is to understand whether there are XYBA buttons present on paddles after you applied the config with unmapped paddles. It will help understand whether the game is adding something or whether unmaps are not working (but this is a sort of things we can't reproduce at all).

Thanks for clarifying the connections type! reWASD is totally OK with any connection type but the controller works differently and that is why, to localize your case, it is better to understand the conditions. Xbox app version is not exactly what I have asking about: we need to understand the firmware version your controller has but seems it is the latest since Xbox app doesn't ask for updates.

As for Notepad, sorry for being unclear but I just wanted to emphasize that while you press a paddle in reWASD with remap turned on, reWASD gets two inputs: the raw one from the controller and the mapped one from the virtual keyboard. If you press various mapped buttons quickly, reWASD gets too many different inputs and tries to hook them and you get a total mess. You just can accidentally add mappings you do not want to be there. That is why it better to test the inputs in any other place except reWASD after you have pressed Apply button. In your video, you have demonstrated how you hooked wrong keyboard inputs and so I'm just worry you may save this corrupted config.

So, several games are OK with your mappings, but Assetto Corsa Competizione still has issues? Knowing all those things you have described, we will try to check this game and see how it works and what is wrong.

I'm again sorry if I do not understand you correctly. Could you please again define whether joy.cpl detects your paddles as XYBA while your config for Assetto Corsa Competizione with unmapped paddles is applied?

Comment

When I open joy.cpl and try the inputs on an xbox-accessories profile (meaning I mapped the paddles to face buttons) and it shows them registering as face buttons. When I use the reWASD profile the paddles show zero input on joy.cpl I'm assuming because it doesn't recognise those as extra buttons. There's like buttons 1-10 and the paddles don't light up any of those if I have my reWASD config turned on.

Controller is on the latest firmware update otherwise I wouldn't be able to edit any profiles in Xbox companion. And to clarify, I set up the reWASD profile on the "Profile 0" (no lights on) on the controller, and still use profiles 1-3 for games like Forza or Dirt where mirroring the face buttons for paddles is all I need.

Comment

and with ACC, I don't think its a controller proble, it's the game. The game only recognises source form of input at a time, meaning you have to select either Wheel and Petals, Keyboard, or Gamepad and it locks to the control config for each one. Meaning, if I wanted to use ABXY to change around the in-game HUD, map one to engine ignition or traction control increase/decrease then I have no shifting inputs, because the paddles are set for I/K/J/L when these face buttons are used for other things. If I wanted the shifting to work, I enable keyboard and mouse controls but that locks out every other controller input and only lets me use keyboard inputs. So I could shift, but no throttle, no steering, no brakes, no nothing else. The game itself won't act like a lot of other games and recognise both input sources at once.

Comment

Thanks for the details, we will try this game on Monday to see how it works.

According to our experience, some games are not good with switching between keyboard and controller inputs. There are two ways to avoid it:
                      1. Switch all the inputs to keyboard. Remap all controller buttons to keyboard actions and unmap the native controller behavior.
                      2. Use controller combos instead of keyboard keys. Add needed ones to the game settings, then remap them in reWASD and use virtual Xbox controller with additional virtual controller actions on paddles with reWASD.

You may try both (or the one you prefer) or we will try them in this game to find the better solution.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

According to our experience, some games are not good with switching between keyboard and controller inputs.
                        Hi,

I have big problems with this point.

I play competitive and have been able to mix keyboard and controller mappings without any problems so far.
                        That still works well with the Elite 1 controller.

With the Elite 2 controller, however, no keyboard mappings arrive at the game.

The game itself can't be responsible for this.

Comment

Hello!

1. Please check Xbox app settings. It seems that paddles are mapped to something but you should bind them to "Unmapped" and save this configuration to all slots.
                          2. Check whether you have "Unmapped" option checked in reWASD for all the buttons you have mapped to some keyboard actions.

Comment

Thanks for the trouble shooting guide; finally (remove all bin2 files, again) my paddles are now recognizes as keyboard input ♥

Comment

Hi!
                              Great news! Thank you for your reply.
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

We have just released reWASD 5.2.1 with important fixes for Xbox Elite 2 controller.
                                Please be sure that you are using the latest version.

Comment

Working...
                                X