Load a Config File from Command Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Load a Config File from Command Line?

I was wondering if there was a way to load a config file from a command line or batch/PowerShell script. Sometimes I enjoy making unique configs for emulated games but reWASD only sees the emulator for auto-detect. Right now I had auto-detect disabled for these games and I apply the config when I need it but a one click solution would be much better.

Hello,
    Thank you for your suggestion. There is no such option at the moment. You may config from our community or create uniques ones yourself.

May I ask you why the adding required executable files for autodetect is not an option? It's pretty convenient when config applies automatically while the application in focus.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

There must have been a misunderstanding since I did explain why I need this in the OP. To reiterate, emulated games don't have unique executable files; they must be loaded in an emulator. So only the emulator can be auto-detected. So if I wanted unique configs for two Android games (both using the Bluestacks emulator) I can't use auto-detect since it detects both "games" as a single program (Bluestacks). I had the idea of using different Shift Modes and Slots but that ultimately only allows for 20 total different configs. So my idea is to leave auto-detect off for these configs but then pass an argument to reWASD such as
      Code:
      -conf "C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles\[Profile Name]\Controller\[Config Name].rewasd"
      and have reWASD load the correct config that way I could achieve a quasi auto-detect for emulated games.

Comment

Hello,
        Sorry for the misunderstanding, I see now. I thought we were talking about games installed on the PC directly.

Still, reWASD doesn't have the requested option and we don't consider adding the command line for now.

But I may also suggest you try Slots, the option permits to apply up to 4 configs simultaneously for one device and switch between them. More details - https://help.rewasd.com/preferences/slots.html.

So you may create let's say 4 configs for 4 different games, apply once and choose required config changing slots. According to your reply, you have 2 games which enough to start. There are only 4 slots, but there is always an option to add more slots...
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello!

Command Line is released with reWASD 5.8. Please check other release note here and download the new version to test

Comment

Working...
          X