Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

So the controller is hidden (still not some testing). Then other steps set

There is a ROCCAT mouse that detects as a controller as well. It's seen in joy.cpl. Is it possible to do the following:

1. Unplug the mouse.
    2. Reboot the PC.
    3. Open the reWASD and apply the config.
    4. Open the game and check if the game sees the controller.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
      Hello,

So the controller is hidden (still not some testing). Then other steps set

There is a ROCCAT mouse that detects as a controller as well. It's seen in joy.cpl. Is it possible to do the following:

1. Unplug the mouse.
      2. Reboot the PC.
      3. Open the reWASD and apply the config.
      4. Open the game and check if the game sees the controller.
      How do I navigate with a unplugged mouse after reboot ?

Comment

Wait at joy.cpl you have advanced it was set to use older games with roccat mouse I changed it to virtual xbox 360 and now my mappings work in Fortnite is this maybe the culprid ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Naamloos.png
Views:	423
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	218388

Comment

Hello,

You may navigate with the keyboard (Tab button) or if you have some regular mouse that isn't reported as a controller, you may use it too. The main idea is to check that the game picks the right controller - the one created by reWASD. It possible that the Fortnite permanently sees the mouse as a controller and doesn't detect our one.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

You may navigate with the keyboard (Tab button) or if you have some regular mouse that isn't reported as a controller, you may use it too. The main idea is to check that the game picks the right controller - the one created by reWASD. It possible that the Fortnite permanently sees the mouse as a controller and doesn't detect our one.
            Yeah but strangly it was correct on build 1909 windows 10 so it makes me wonder what changed with this build

Comment

Ps as of now it is working how it should work thx for pointing me to the right direction

Comment

Still a weird thing is when I switch to another game Trackmania and if I after that play fortnite the controller stops working have to reboot to fix it any thoughts on this ?

Comment

Hello,

Do you have the same config for both games (like virtual Xbox 360 applied config) or you've created separate config for the game? Also, what steps between stop playing Trackmania and start playing Fortnite? Like do you re-apply the config manually or do you use autodetect that applies config automatically when the game is launched?

Thank you in advance.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

same config and I have autodetect ticked off I don't do nothing with rewasd config between the 2 games

Comment

Hello,

Have you tried to reboot the PC with active remap ON? So, steps are - leave your active mappings (remap is ON) and reboot the PC. ReWASD should start automatically with the applied profile. You need just launch Fortnite.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

Have you tried to reboot the PC with active remap ON? So, steps are - leave your active mappings (remap is ON) and reboot the PC. ReWASD should start automatically with the applied profile. You need just launch Fortnite.
                        I know that works weird is that it fails after using another game

If I turn Remap off the controller start's to work again in fortnite so yeah
                        Last edited by endbase; 06.03.2020, 12:51.

Comment

Hello,

That's definitely a game issue, as the virtual controller works out of the game (if it's checked by joy.cpl). So, the best option to resolve it - reboot. Not too convenient, but it works.
                          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I fixed it again went to joy.cpl and default was set back to none changed it back to the Xbox virtual and now it's doing fine again thx for the help

Comment

Working...
                            X