Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web Home, Web Search not UNMAPPING on 5.3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Home, Web Search not UNMAPPING on 5.3?

Hi. I have a wireless keyboard remote, that previously worked without a problem. After the 5.3 update i noticed that the Home key ( the web Home-with a house icon ), and the Search button ( Magnifying glass icon) doesn't unmap anymore. So now, when i press Home, it opens the web home and also types an F ( that is the key that I remapped inside rewasd).
    Those keys are important to me, since there are just a few keys on one side, on that type of "Media remote" .
    Click image for larger version  Name:	516WTY91hcL._AC_SY400_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	218650
    The Remote

I tried this from a standard usb keyboard also ( added as a device, made a config then mapped the Home button to letter S, and clicked the UNMAP then applied it), and is not working, is the same as the other.
    Anyone can confirm this? Thank you.
    Last edited by saberX; 23.03.2020, 17:29.

Hello,

The unmap work none of the devices that have been connected? Areother keys are worked for now? Does the keyboard reports as several keyboards that seen in reWASD or as a single device? Please take the screenshot of the connected devices in the reWASD?

I just tried to remap one of my multimedia buttons (volume up) mapped to mouse up - it's working. Unfortunately, no Web Home or Wen Search buttons on my keyboard. Do volume up or down are working unmapped?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for your response. As i said, on both my devices, ( wireless air mini keyboard and standard logitech usb keyboard), the mapping works the same. Those buttons ( web, search) are NOT working, but volume up is working fine ( unmapping and everything).
      EDIT: I MESSED UP THE DESCRIPTION TEXT IN THE IMAGE ! The first one is the Wireless Keyboard ( is in yellow ofc) and the second one is the standard usb.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	rewasdHomeETC.png Views:	0 Size:	389.8 KB ID:	218653
      Test
      Last edited by saberX; 23.03.2020, 21:25.

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply.

I think we found the problem why web, search buttons aren't unmapped and it's a reWASD side problem. Going to fix it next release! You may downgrade to 5.2.2 temporary if these buttons are too important for your daily basis. The setup is available for your account to download.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you, I just wondered how i could downgrade to 5.2.2 in order to test if it works with that version again.
          Best regards.

Comment

Hello,

Sure, please, login your account, unfold "Download" tab and download the version 5.2.2
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Ok. I need Help please. I uninstalled the 5.3 version without deleting my configs/license etc, restarted my pc, installed 5.2.2, rebooted again. I now have all the configs in place, but i cannot apply any ( remap is always OFF), no matter if i hit apply, hit the "Remap is OFF" button . What i did wrong? Now nothing is working anymore.

LE:
              I did a clean install of 5.2.2 ( delete everything license cofig etc, i backed up my profiles folder) , and installed 5.2.2 again and now it is working...phew.
              Last edited by saberX; 24.03.2020, 20:38.

Comment

Oh, seems our help is a bit late, and it is OK now.

Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the inconvenience

Comment

Hello,

Glad to inform you that we have released a new reWASD 5,4 version where we fixed the issue with media buttons. The Web Home, Web Search buttons can be unmapped now . Please, updates your current version to 5.4 and try to reproduce the problem.

Let us know any results.

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey guys, it seems that those Web ,Home, Menu, Search and Sleep buttons are not working again on reWasd 5.5.1 I downgraded to 5.5.0 and they are working. Is it on my side this time?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you, saberX. The problem is confirmed. Will be fixed next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Guys, any update on the new version? I have major issues after i downgraded 5.5.1 to 5.5.0.
                        Every time i have to restart my pc, rewasd stops working . I have this message:

If I click install, then this is following:

and I cant use the software anymore. I have to Uninstall - reboot - Reinstall - Reboot then is working until the next reboot... then repeat those steps again.
                        It is really frustrating, since I don't want to use the latest version without those missing Key mappings.
                        I also tried uninstalling with uninstalling the options,settings,profiles checkmark.
                        What can I do?

Comment

Hello,
                          Thank you for your feedback.

Strange behavior, it seems that the uninstaller doesn't remove the driver during the software uninstallation, this is why the previous version is not installed properly due to the driver's versions differences. The first thoughts that come up are:

1. Check the windows account permissions (especially C: and set Full control to C:
                          2. Disable temporary all antiviruses that could prevent or interfere the software removal.
                          3. Try to remove the reWASD in Safe mode.

Let us know if these steps were helpful.
                          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I just gave up. I couldn't make the downgrade properly no matter what, Safe Mode, no antivirus etc. I installed the latest version again. For now, I will deal with those buttons not working/remapping until the next version is up.

Comment

Hello,
                              Thank you for your feedback.

- May I ask you to send us C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log file that we could check uninstallation logs.

- Also, we would appreciate it if you would help us to collect some logs of the 5.5.0 installation. The steps are the following:

1 Extract "reWASDLogging_tracelog.zip" archive we shared with the link.
                              2. Open cmd via Administrator and navigate to a directory where reWASDLogging was extracted. You will be able to see two files(StartLog.bat and StopLog.bat).
                              3.Type StartLog.bat
                              4. Start removing the 5.5.1 version.
                              5. Type StopLog.bat in cmd, when it's requested to reboot the PC. Open the directory and copy the log archive to another directory. Remove the log.zip and log folder in the reWASDLogging folder.
                              6. Reboot the PC.
                              7. Boot the PC. Install the 5.5.0 version. The reboot will be required again, so reboot it.
                              8. Open the cmd again after the PC reboot. Do the same steps to run StartLog.bat again. Open the installed reWASD to reproduce the reported above problem.
                              9. Once the error messages reproduced back to the cmd and type StopLog.bat.
                              10. Open reWASDLogging and copy the archive the same directory where the first log was copied before the PC reboot.
                              11. Send us archives for the investigating.

Important to collect the log of reWASD removing before the PC reboot and the log when reWASD is launched after the reboot.

Sorry for the longread and I will understand if you prefer to wait a major fix. But it will help is if there is a problem.
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X