Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 Nav controller over Bluetooth (no mayflash adapter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Nav controller over Bluetooth (no mayflash adapter)

Good morning, new user here. Very satisfied. I've used pretty much every product you can think of. Vigem + Fireshock + Shibari. XPadder, XOutput, ScpToolKit.. you name it, and probably I've tried it. reWASD is just in another league. What an incredible program. It does EXACTLY what I needed. A Directinput / xinput hybrid so I could FINALLY map movement on the PS Nav3 to the analog stick.

Now, it simply needs the Bluetooth component in order to be just perfect! how hard is this to implement without using the mayflash adapter? BthPS3 with Vigem and Shibari work great. But that is not user friendly software! I even had to create my own custom "Sink" in Shibari to map buttons how I wanted, still.. reWASD is much much user friendly.

I'm willing to fund that particular development/component as a contribution to the community. I'm dead serious

He there!

Great to hear that our software matches your needs.

As for the main question. As you mentioned, PS3 Nav is connected using mayflash adapter (this version, for example, http://www.mayflash.com/Products/PCUSB/PS3003.html) and via cable. These are how you can connect the controller and use it with reWASD for now.

Other BT options to connect the controller are planned to release in one of next releases.

We're dead serious.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Fantastic news! I was able (and in fact have it working now) to connect the PSNav via bluetooth mixing your software with the Vigem/Fireshock driver + BthPS3.. amazing. It would be even better if your software would be a single solution. Please, if you haven't seen this, take a look:

Windows kernel-mode Bluetooth Profile & Filter Drivers for PS3 peripherals - nefarius/BthPS3

Its the Bluetooth open source project that allowed me to make the connection. This can surely be integrated into your software! the ONLY issue that I have now is that since I'm using a custom driver (Fireshock) my PSNav is not recognized as a PSNav anymore but DS4 Fireshock controller. It would be nice if I can override that in reWASD and use the PSNav profile image instead.

Thanks again!

P.D I'm buying another full license for my other computer! thats how excited I am.l

Comment

Hey there!

We are working on BT version for DS3 and Nav. Hope to deliver it soon. Stay tuned!

Comment

Thats great news, thanks! I purchased a third full license already. I also noticed that when just purchase I license under the existing email address, the Paypal redirect takes you to the daemon tools page instead of the rewasd license confirmation page (its a good thing you send an email with the serial) but it might get confusing if you are redirected.

Looking forward to use PSNav + Bluetooth natively within reWASD

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for your reply.

We also develop the DAEMON Tools products, so reWASD and DT software have the same license account.

Thank you for your support. We will try to do our best.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

We have released a new ver. 5.5 where you may use thу PS3 Nav via BT. Please, check a new version and send us your feedback. More details regarding the new version this post.

Thank you in advance.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Is there a trick or a forced re-pair button?

I got the pair prompt but only once. If I unplug USB the device disappear from REWASD menu.

I can see PS Navigation under Windows 10 bluetooth below Other "devices".

I'm using the Motherboard built in bluetooth if that matters. Is there a trick to this? Maybe a combo pair button on the controller I'm missing?

Comment

Hello,
                  What do you mean? Do you have some BT problem connection? Please, specify the details of the issue you have.

Thank you in advance.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey there!

It may be a chance that you have other third-party drivers installed, and they prevent reWASD from detecting the BT connection.
                    Does scptool, vigem, hidguardian sound familiar?

Comment

Ok.

scptool vigem are familiar, yes.

I messed around too much in the past with these programs so before writing this reply, I re-formatted my PC using latest Microsoft Creation tool ver 2004. Fresh install to eliminate any doubt.

Installed Rewasd. got the Prompt, unplugged Navi controller and the icon goes away as soon as I unplug the cable.

Isn't there supposed to be a red light blinking with the Navi controller? Using cable or not, I don't see any LED light.

How am I supposed to know this is successfully working via Bluetooth? How to force it to re-pair via bluetooth via Rewasd?

Comment

Hello,

The steps on how to connect the PS3 Navigator vi BT in the reWASD are described as this guide (at the button). When you connect the Navigation controller to PC via cable and have a Bluetooth adapter, reWASD will ask you to pair it before you start remapping. Press the "Pair" button to use the gamepad wirelessly.

Have you tried it?

Please, let us know if the problem with connected persists. Also, may we ask you to provide the msinfo32 file
                        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

The only time my Navi blinks is when I reboot my PC and with it plugged in. As soon as I unplug the cable, it stops bilnking and won't connect wirelessly/bluetooth even after hitting the "Pair" button on Rewasd.

It works wired (blinking or not) via Rewasd.

After my last message yesterday, I connected it to my Xbox and got it blinking/charging. On my PC, as I said it blinks only when I reboot my PC, funny stuff.

Is the built in Intel Bluetooth on my X570 Gigabyte the issue here? Any recommended Bluetooth dongle you guys are using?

Comment

Hello,
                            Thank you for your reply.

May I ask you to collect some logs to identify the problem more detailed:

Here are steps that help us collect the required information:

1. Unplug all physical controllers.

2. Open reWASD via Admin - Preference - General - StartLog.

3. Connect the PS3 Nav via cable and press the pair button in the reWASD interface to connect via BT. Then unplug the cable, wait 3-5 seconds for BT connection.

4. Back to General, and press StopLog. Then send us an archive to investigate the problem. Please, follow these steps only to collect precise information, do not plug an additional controller or other devices.

One more thing, please, collect and send us the msinfo32 file. This is how you can collect it - http://recordit.co/hRk85POAat.

Thank you for your cooperation.
                            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Files uploaded.

Keep in mind I don't get the prompt to pair anymore after the first time unless reinstalling show it again. That's why I asked if there is a way to force pair again in the options.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X