Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC hanging on shutdown when reWASD doesn't properly disconnect the virtual controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply. Waiting your log files.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi,
      Here you go.
      Cheers
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello, Pratator

Thank you for logs. It looks like the virtual controller is still in the system. We send system command to remove the virtual controller, it's removed from the physical bus but still handled in the system for some reasons. Perhaps some other driver or process. I made a video explaining how to check the driver stack of the Xbox virtual controller - https://streamable.com/i7bdxn. May I ask you to follow these steps to take the screenshot of the device stack. The footage contains steps of physical device connection, virtual controller creating, and check device stack.

Please, feel free to contact me if any questions come up.
        Thank you in advance.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi, here is the screenshot of the driver stack.
          Cheers
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Great! Thank you for your feedback. Seems that the stack driver is correct. We will investigate this case more detailed and but to you with updates.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I had the same problem with Windows 10 hanging at shutdown. My circumstance:

I had demoed version reWASD510-1302 sometime ago but purchased REWASD recently and upgraded the installed version with reWASD540-2368. For first couple of weeks Windows 10 would not shutdown properly if I had used the gamepad. I had varied success by forcing REWASD agents to close before shutdown.

I resolved the problem entirely by completely uninstalling and reinstalling (I backed up my mappings).

I noticed that the agent icon and name in the notification area was different than before (the one resembling a battery). I can't recall how it was different but I was of the opinion that perhaps something hadn't been replaced properly in the upgrade.

Hope that helps...

Comment

Hello simian,

Thank you for your comment.

"I had varied success by forcing REWASD agents to close before shutdown" - only reWASD agent? You didn't kill the service process in the task manager, didn't you? Killing the agent was giving a proper option to shutdown?

And using the same 5.4 version you don't have a hanging problem while shutdown? Any issues with switching PC into sleep mode?
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I used to kill the process from Task Manager sometimes, if I remembered, because killing from the notification tray wasn't working. If I forgot to do that, Windows would be like 99% finished shutting down to the point of a black screen but the PC would not turn off. There was no ability to get task manager on screen, to complete the shut down. The only option available was to hold in the power button. To be clear the problem was with 5.4 after upgrading. Once I uninstalled 5.4 and reinstalled it, I had zero issues with shutdown.

I don't use sleep mode.

Comment

Hello, simian

Thank you for your suggestion. Hope it will be helpful.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey there! We have released reWASD 5.5, and according to the feedback from other customers here, there are no sleep issues anymore.
                      I hope you will update to check

Comment

Working...
                      X