Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to get reWASD work on PS Now PS2 games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to get reWASD work on PS Now PS2 games?

Hi there, I've been trying to get reWASD to work with a DS3/XOne controller, but it doesn't get to fully work. Every button works except for the touchpad, which simulates the select and start buttons for PS2 games; they won't work at all, despite the fact that the loading screen on PS Now shows the DS4 diagram which indicates that pressing left touchpad equals select, while right touchpad equals start. For some reason, the touchpad works perfectly on PS4 games, pressing the assigned buttons emulates a touchpad press as expected, both left and right. It's just PS2 games that won't detect it. Did anyone manage to get either a DS3 or an Xbox One controller to work on PS2 games?

Hello! reWASD emulates DS4 controller, not the older generation. You may try pressing Share and Options buttons (the ones that equal to Start and Select).

Are you sure that you need touchpad emulation in your case?

Comment

My best guess is that touchpad emulation is required indeed. PS Now converts the start and select buttons on the Dualshock 3 to the Share and Options buttons. They work just like that when you go to the data management menu, which lets you use the Options button for more settings, and the Start button responds to that prompt. It's just a dumb design, but I wonder if the touchpad can be emulated in this situation. I've configured the touchpad buttons several times and every time they've worked on PS4 games, it's just PS2 games that won't take it.

Comment

Could you please specify the game you are using it for?

I will try to check it, I think it would be easier to troubleshoot.

Comment

Sure, I'm trying to play both Dark Cloud and Red Faction. I don't mind if the program works with either an Xbox One controller or a Dualshock 3 since I have both.

Comment

I have reproduced the issue, thank you for the details.

We will need some time for the research. Sorry for the inconvenience, will let you know once we get something.

Comment

After a bit more tests with Dark Cloud, I can see that it detects the emulation, but not in 100% times.
              Anyway, could you please try to set Start and Release with the combos of tap and click:

Click image for larger version  Name:	a1c2682d34.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.9 KB ID:	220004

Use Hold until release mode.

It does not detect taps, the click is required.

Comment

I can't get it to work that way even though I had it configured like that in the first place. I had also tried with execute at once but with bigger delay, a combo that does work on PS4 games. Did you get it to work by reconnecting the controller several times in a row or something like that? It doesn't work on other buttons either. Emulating other buttons (e.g. Cross button on the Y/Triangle button) works though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	start.png
Views:	714
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	220008

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response. As reWASDer said, we will need some time for the research. Sorry for the inconvenience, will let you know once we get something.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello! We have released reWASD 5.5, and the issue is solved. Please check the new version :satisfied: Hope to get any feedback from you.

The full changelog is here: https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...-and-many-more

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                      Hello! We have released reWASD 5.5, and the issue is solved. Please check the new version :satisfied: Hope to get any feedback from you.

The full changelog is here: https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...-and-many-more
                      I've just tried it out, works like charm! Thanks for the fix guys, you're the best!

Comment

You are welcome

Comment

Working...
                        X