Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app" Setting problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app" Setting problem.

Problem with the "Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app" Setting.

I like this setting a lot because when I exit a game it automatically remove remapping on my mouse. Remapping that can interfere with the likes of Chrome etc.

The problem is that it also remove mapping when I minimize the game for a short little while. reWASD should check if the process is still running before unloading the config.

Hello,

This is the point of the option, remove the active config if the game or the application out of focus. And if he mouse is used as the controller in the game, it acts as the physical mouse after Alt+Tab because of this option. What is the point, if the reWASD checks the active processes and keeps handling mappings if they out of focus?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

The problem is that reWASD don't load back the config when I bring the game back into focus again. After this happen, I have to minimize the game another time, open reWASD and load back the config manually using the button "Apply". After that the config is stuck loaded even if I close the game.

Comment

Hey there!

This doesn't seem to work like intended. The config should be on after you go to the game again.
        Maybe, there are some overlays that take focus? Also, please check the *.exe files you have associated with a config in reWASD. For some games, you may need more than one process (which game do you use by the way?).

Also, we may try a kind of fresh restart. You will need to adjust Autodetect again, but we will be sure that noting was missed. Here is a guide about how to use Autodetect, and here are the steps to start it over:

1. Close reWASD, exit the reWASD Tray agent too
        2. Proceed to C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD and remove all the *.binv2 files from there. This folder is usually hidden by default, so you might need to press View tab in explorer and pick Show hidden items
        3. Now reopen reWASD and adjust the associations from scratch.

Comment

Maybe it has to do with "Full Screen" or/and "Windowed" game settings. (I always use Full screen) I will do some experiments about it. I think it happen on all my games like GTA 5 or no man's sky etc. no special overlay, not even nividia gaming experience. All the exes pointed to in reWASD. I usually get back in to the game by clicking the icon on the taskbar.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you reWASDer for the steps, please try to use them if the problem persists anyway. Indeed, perhaps more processes than the game.exe are required to add, like launcher.exe or etc.

Please let us know any results of your troubleshooting.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Ok I think I found the problem. (First tried the steps of deleting the *.binv2 files without results) It's related to the game window mode. Using "No man's sky" as a test game, the problem only occur when using "Full Screen" mode in the game video settings. Using "Bordered" or "Borderless" setting, reWASD unload and reload the config normally on focus gained or lost. Thing is, "Full Screen" is usually the mode offering the most game performance , so...

Comment

Hello,
                Thank you for the result. We check this issue with No man's sky game. What game processes are added for Audodetect?

UDP. Installed the No man's sky game and checked the reported problem. The Autodetect is working, config applies no matter what mode is selected - Full Screen, Bordered, Borderless. The added process is nms.exe.

How do you define that config is not applied? Do you see the "remap is ON" button in the reWASD when the game is in focus?
                What config do you use?
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

You said you can't reproduce the bug so I did some further testings: It appears the bug only happen when I use the dedicated "Windows button" of my keyboard to minimize the game. The bug is not present when using ALT+TAB.

Comment

Thanks for the details, it seems we can reproduce this issue from time to time, but we are not sure what is causing it at the moment.
                    Will check more things and will get back to you soon!
                    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

np meanwhile I will use alt+tab. Thanks. Why I like the Windows key it's because sometime alt+tab doesn't work to minimise some games. The windows key seems to always work so I took the habit of using it.

Comment

Sounds like a good workaround :satisfied:

Thanks for understanding!

Comment

Hello! We have released reWASD 5.5, and the issue is solved. Please check the new version :satisfied: Hope to get any feedback from you.

The full changelog is here: https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...-and-many-more

Comment

Sorry for the delay.

Use of the Windows button to minimise the game, then going back into the game seems to be completely fixed..."No man's sky", "GTA V" etc.

But the fix introduced a new bug with at least one game of mine:..."SCUM". Now including the game launcher (SCUM_Launcher.exe) for detection cause reWASD to go completely berserk. Turn remap go: "on" and "off" like a car turn signal. Even exiting the game doesn't fix the behavior. Have to close reWASD.

Just using "SCUM.exe" for detection is a hit and miss with 50% chance of reWASD detecting the game has started.

Comment

Hello,

Hmm. So, with active autodetect and the 2 executable files of the game (SCUM_Launcher.exe and SCUM.exe), remap switch ON and OFF continuously, but the game or game launcher still in focus. Am I getting this straight?

No remap problem if the autodetect is OFF, isn't it?

May I ask you to collect some logs? This is the manual describing logs collection. The tracetext logs of a tray agent are required to collect. So, please, create a shortcut of the reWASDTray.exe - > add a command and reproduce the problem. Send us the text file.
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X