FragFX FragChuck Issue on PC and Other Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FragFX FragChuck Issue on PC and Other Issues

Hello, and thanks for the cool software!

I'm having an issue when using a Splitfish FragFX FragChuck controller on PC alongside ReWASD. For those who are unfamiliar, it's basically a controller with half of the buttons which allows PC players to use it alongside a mouse, instead of a keyboard (similar to the PS Nav controller).

The controller uses a wireless dongle that plugs into the PC, and has a physical switch between two modes - "Keyboard mode", which assigns pre-determined keyboard keys to each of the buttons to save remapping (WASD for LS movement, V for LS Click, LCtrl for LT etc.), and also has a "Gamepad mode" which sends the controller inputs as xInput (or similar) which can be remapped to keyboard keys via software.

The (annoying) difference between these settings, however, is that someone at Splitfish decided it was a great idea, while in "Keyboard mode", to bind one of the two bumper buttons to a macro-like button swapping feature that is programmed into the hardware itself, therefore disabling one of very few buttons on the device. I was previously using AntiMicro to remap buttons, which worked perfectly in "Gamepad mode", and as such allowed me to remap the 2nd bumper as needed. As I now have a ReWASD license and there's tons more configuration options included, I wouldn't need AntiMicro anymore, but this is where the issue lies.

If I set the FragChuck to "Gamepad mode", ReWASD (or Windows itself) doesn't recognise the inputs. At all. It will show as an available gamepad device in the program, but will not respond to inputs when the profile is activated. (In "Keyboard mode", it works perfectly (so it's not a setup/binding issue), but as above, I'm losing out on an entire button, and I kind of have muscle-memory for the "Gamepad mode" layout now.)

With ReWASD installed, I checked the controller in Devices and Printers. When using Windows's built-in calibration menu, the controller doesn't respond to stick movement or button clicks. AntiMicro, that worked perfectly up until installation of ReWASD, doesn't respond to input. As a test, I temporarily uninstalled ReWASD, kept the FragChuck in "Gamepad mode" and restarted the PC - all "Gamepad mode" functionality on the FragChuck returned to normal. Windows and AntiMicro both saw the controller inputs again. So I'm confident that this is an issue with something within ReWASD that is blocking "Gamepad" inputs from this particular device. Xbox One controllers are unaffected, so I'm not sure what would be different here.

I really like the software, and I'm impressed with the amount of customization options there are for remapping between devices, but at the moment I can't use a piece of hardware I use every day. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

(Also, I'm REALLY looking forward to the mouse scroll buttons being able to be remapped so any updates regarding that would be awesome!)

Thanks, and apologies for the essay. Just wanted to include as much info as possible to resolve this. And again, big fan of the software!

Hello,

Interesting. reWASD doesn't support the provided device officially and as I understand it doesn't have a Xinput mode that allows being detected as Xbox 360 in the system. Is the device detected in the system by itself, without extra drivers or utilities (perhaps, the AntiMicro helps it to be detected in the system)?

May I ask you to collect some logs, that could help us understand the problem:

1. Unplug Splitfish FragFX FragChuck controller (no physically detected by the system).
    2. Open reWASD via Admin and go to the Preferences. Press StartLog button
    3. Switch the controller to "Gamepad" mode as you've described above and plug it to the PC.
    4. Press some buttons. Do not change modes!
    5. Back to Preferences wait a couple of seconds and press StopLog.
    6. Attach logs with your next reply.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi again,

The device is recognised by Windows, as it appears in Device Manager as "Splitfish Game Controller" in both Keyboard and Gamepad modes (as shown in attached screenshots) without any additional drivers. It's status in right-click > "Game controller settings" also shows "OK" (screenshot attached).

I've also attached the log files as requested.

Thanks for your quick reply!
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the logs. Will learn then and contact you with any updates.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks very much!

Comment

Hello,

Have learned the provided logs file. It seems that we understood the problem and the way of how to fix it. But more time is required for testing and troubleshooting.

Stay tuned!
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Awesome, thanks so much!

Comment

Having the same issue. Looking forward to a fix.

Comment

Hello,
                  What reWASD version do you use? Please, make sure that ver. 5.5.0 is up to date.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Yes, it is ver. 5.5.0

Comment

Hello,
                      If you have the same issue with the FragFX FragChuck issue, it will be fixed next minor update (ver.5.5.1).
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks, Can't wait

Comment

Hey there!

We have released reWASD 5.5.1. The full list of changes is here. Would be grateful if you download and check it with your device :satisfied:

Comment

Hey, thanks for letting us know. Can confirm this is now working! The only minor issue is that the extra "F" (top bumper) still isn't read, but it's not a huge issue for now - just glad to be able to use it. Thanks to all at REWASD for looking into it!

Comment

Hello,
                              Glad that it's working. The Frag button is a sort of system button required for controller programming, so, it's not remappable.

Please, feel free in case of any feedback.
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X