No announcement yet.

Error: -1 on install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did send the name in the first screenshot (its the tiny one)game controller mapping service. and here is the files you need.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Are you sure that logs you've attached belong to the ver. 5.5? May I ask you to reproduce the problem and re-send the logs? Perhaps it better to remove all logs that are in the directory to avoid messing up.

Also for Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file error message.

This is a system error message that definitely tells about some system restrictions. There are methods official MS provided, that are used to resolve the problem.
      I would also recommend checking the permission of the C:\Program Files\reWASD. It has to be full control. Also, please check and disable the antiviruses or security software installed and running on your PC.
      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Well... I don't know what happened. Nothing is different today and it reacted the same way when I first tried to install 5.5. After deleting the old logs it never made a new one either. So, in my frustration, I opened and tried to redownload the service getting -1 errors like 5-7 times in a row quickly. The last time I opened it 2 of the boxes asking to install the gamepad mapper popped up, the normal one with the program and another one on my second screen. On a whim I used this second box to click install. After a few minutes it asked me to restart my pc. After the restart 5.5 works just fine. I really don't know what happened to cause this. your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

Hello,
          Thank you for your feedback.

Glad that the problem has been resolved. Perhaps some of the processes that interfere with reWASD wasn't running background or Window installed some recent update or simple magic.

Anyway, I wish to have great gaming experience.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
          X