USB Foot switch stopped working after installing reWASD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Foot switch stopped working after installing reWASD

Hello. I recently discovered this program when looking for something to use my switch joycons on PC. After installing the program and setting up my joycons, they work great.

However there is a huge issue in that I have a USB Foot pedal that will send a keystroke when I press it. After installing reWASD, this keystroke no longer happened. At first I wasn't aware that reWASD was the cause of the issue, so I tried to rebind the key on my pedal, uninstall the device and reinstall it many times. Then I had the thought that maybe reWASD was the cause. I uninstalled reWASD and rebooted my computer and as if by magic by foot pedal was sending keystrokes again.

Why is reWASD blocking the keystrokes for my foot pedal? Is there any settings I can change to alter this? Or is this a driver issue that needs to be resolved? And for anyone wondering, the foot pedal is detected by Windows when reWASD is installed. I can uninstall the device in device manager and plug it back in and it detects it and installs the driver. Even the software used to modify the keystrokes sent by the foot pedal detects it. So it's clearly an issue with reWASD (I even confirmed by plugging my foot pedal into a PC without reWASD installed and it worked instantly)

If anyone knows a solution please help. I need this foot pedal and I do not want to have to uninstall reWASD and reboot every time I want to use it, or to reinstall reWASD and reboot to use my joycons again.

Hello,

The reWASD doesn't support this device unless it has X -input mode. How is this device detected in the system? Does it have some 3rd party drivers\software allowed to detected itself in the system? Does it have some mode to support, like X-input, D-input, PC-mode, etc.?

Thank you in advance.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
      Hello,

The reWASD doesn't support this device unless it has X -input mode. How is this device detected in the system? Does it have some 3rd party drivers\software allowed to detected itself in the system? Does it have some mode to support, like X-input, D-input, PC-mode, etc.?

Thank you in advance.
      The device is detected as just a regular USB Composite device. It has the ability to send keystrokes, mouse inputs and also direct input buttons. But I do not want to use this device in reWASD. It is detected in reWASD and says it's unsupported, but I don't care about that because I do not wish to use it in there. What I'm saying is that reWASD is causing some sort of conflict which is resulting in my foot pedal not being able to send keystrokes when reWASD is installed. The only way to get my foot pedal to work again is to uninstall it.

Something in reWASD is blocking keystrokes from my foot pedal...

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your reply.

1. May I ask you to show or devices tree in the device manager? Open device manager and find this device select it - > View - Devices by connection. Unfold all possible options of the tree. Take the screenshot.

2. Does this device (foot pedal) require any software or drivers? Have you installed something in additional that helped to recognize this device in the system. How this device us recognized in the joy.cpl?

3. Open the Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers - > select this device - > Properties - > Hardware - > Details - Device Stack. Take the screenshot.

4. May I ask you to collect some logs to identify this device more detailed:

Here are steps that help us collect the required information:

1. Unplug all physical controllers.

2. Open reWASD via Admin - Preference - General - StartLog.

3. Connect the device, wait 2-3 sec.

4. Back to General, and press StopLog. Then send us an archive to investigate logs. Please, follow these steps only to collect precise information, do not plug an additional controller or other devices.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Here's a screenshot of device manager showing the USB Device, along with 2 other programs showing it (USBDeview and USBTreeView)

Here's a screenshot of control panel:

And here's the logs: 20.09.2020_15-26-18.zip

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for the logs. Will investigate them.

1. No answer in point #2. Any additional software was installed for this device?

2. Please, open joy.cpl to see how this device is reported. Double click it and press pedals one by one. Do you see input? May I ask you to make some records? And please, unfold all DM tree including the USB composite device.

3. May I ask you to re-collect the logs but with slightly changed step #3. Connect the device - > wait 2-3 sec - > press one of the pedal and stop logs collecting by pressing the StopLog button.

4. Please, collect the tracetext logs. This is the link describing how to collect it. So, create shortcuts for the reWASD.exe and reWASDTray.exe - > Launch the reWASD via these shortcuts - > connect the device - > press a pedal. Open specified path and send reWASD tray TextTrace.txt, reWASD tray TextTrace.txt, reWASD TextTrace - Controllers.txt

Sorry for bothering you with an extra piece of work.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

1. No additional software is needed for the device. Software can be used to assign the key but the device stores that on the device itself, meaning it doesn't need the software. The drivers are just standard usb drivers.

2. If I assign the foot pedal to button 1 for direct input, joy.cpl reports that button 1 is being pressed:
              (The software in the background is the software to assign a key and it's showing that a direct input button has been assigned)

3. Here's the logs after connecting the device then pressing the pedal: 21.09.2020_16-51-04.zip

4. Here's the tracetext logs: reWASD TextTraces.zip

Comment

Forgot the device manager screenshot for 2 in the last reply:

Comment

Hello,

Great! Thank you for the information. The last thing. What is the device's vendor? Where did you buy it (store link if it's was bought online is appreciated)? Or, maybe you can take a picture of the package? Anyway, need the vendor, model information and the link to buy

I think this is it, but just want to make sure.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I bought this off of ebay over 2 years ago, so I can't link the page I bought it from. But I do have the link to the vendor's product page:

Comment

Hello,
                      Thank you for your cooperation.

I think we gonna buy this model to investigate the issue in full. Will back to you with the latest updates regarding the topic.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

hello, I also have this same foot pedal and im having the same EXACT issues. I bought mine from amazon - but its the same exact one.

Comment

Hello! Thanks for the feedback. Will be happy to let you know our results after the proper investigation.

Comment

Hi I got an similar device "FS3_P" from the same manfacturer "PCSensor". it is also an foot pedal, but with 3 "buttons".

Here is a link to the product page: https://pcsensor.com/foot-switch/thr...ation-key.html

I could not get it to work - I had the same issues as described by the other posters.
                            • I tried to blacklist the device in reWASD, but this did not help.
                            • Turing remap off did not help either.
                            • Stopping the reWASD service did not help

Once I uninstalled reWASD the device worked with no problems.

Reinstalled reWASD and the pedals stopped working.

Thanks for taking a look into this issue, would be great if you can fix the issue!

Cheers, Fossi

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your report. We have already ordered a similar device and waiting for shipping. Hope it will bring the light on an issue.
                              Will let you know any result after the device will be delivered and investigated.

Stay tuned!
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X