No announcement yet.

Mouse Input for Joystick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I've unmapped everything and created configs from scratch for both Remote PS4 Play, X360, and even BT Dongle. One thing is that on the desktop it'll scroll and random and I believe that could possibly cause it. I've completely unmapped it but still.

Comment

Are you using the latest reWASD version (it is 5.5.1)?

It seems we had a kind of issue like this, but pretty long ago.

At the moment, I am trying to repeat your steps, but I do not see anything wrong.

As for the scroll, that is another mystery. In your config, scroll is mapped to the digital button, if you are not pressing it, it can't fire anything. Maybe you have some other mappers?

Comment

POTENTIALLY SOLVED!

I thought that scroll thing was pretty weird too, but it got me thinking about binds. All I did was uncheck the 'Mouse' but left 'Unbind' then hit Apply, then went and re-checked 'Mouse' and no more wall. If I don't do that redundant task then I'll get that wall. I already had everything 'Unbound' but maybe with the joystick it might require to be applied manually, no idea. If I change configs and I don't uncheck and check again the mouse bind, it'll stall.

Will update later on to see if it wasn't just a placebo affect.

Comment

Sounds strange again, but each solution is good if it is a solution

Comment

Placebo unfortunately. It does it randomly. Sometimes once in a while and sometimes more frequent. It would be fine, except that sometimes it'll get stuck at a bad time. I've messed around with everything, including the additional options like 'Zero Keys Delay' and 'Automatically Correct Stick' settings.

Comment

Oh.

I am sorry, not sure if you answered before, do you use the latest reWASD version, 5.5.1?

Comment

Yes version 5..5.1.

Comment

Were you able to "hit the wall" without the game? Can you make a short video or a screenshot of that moment with "joy.cpl" or gamepad-tester.com open?

Comment

Yes it comes usually in small movements but its not something I can do on command its at random. I don't know how to make a video of it. Its basically unmapped suddenly on half the circle. I can move my stick but it won't turn farther in the game unless I rotate quickly then suddenly the whole circle is back. Doesn't matter if its unmapped or not.

Comment

Same exact wall regardless of DS4, X360, XBOne or application. Mouse input only

Comment

Hi there,

Good point, Shion Does the problem reproduce out of the game, using the online tester, could be reproduced there? Also, a good practice is to create the config from the scratch and map only mouse, WASD, and some other important buttons. Then, try to reproduce the problem again.
                        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

The problem seems to be with the stick response. It happens in anything I do the game is irrelevant. One thing I've noticed is, when I customize the stick response, when i hit that wall, all my 'X, Y' inputs are crazy.

Ex; I place point 1 at X-1900, Y-1900, because if I go lower the cursor moves by itself....Once it get stuck, my X, Y points go to 0.

I've checked the 'Affect Game Behavior' box, I've tried radial and elliptical. Every time I get stuck my values move.

Clue perhaps?

Comment

I would suggest you to try the Default stick response. In the config you have sent, the response looks a bit weird, so maybe it causes an issue.

In order we to be able to reproduce it, please send your current config again, so we would be able to re-check it from our side.

Also, it would be amazing if you could make a video of how you are moving your stick and get to this issue. Just on a desktop, I think checking it in a game is not important.

Comment

I will send configs again. Don't have video software, but it just stops moving. Just move the mouse in small spaces continuously and it gets stuck. I make a half circle, pull a little farther downward, then when I see an enemy on the top right of the screen I'm stuck unless I go left then up-right. I don't take my finger off the joystick. Maybe it's input lag?. Also, I noticed when I sent you my configs that I had sent that custom stick. I use 'Default' by default, but I've tried them all.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Bottom line is, I randomly can't react in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X