No announcement yet.

Mouse Input for Joystick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, that is not exactly what I am about to check.

The controller should not be unmapped, I want to check how your stick behaves natively. Please remove unmaps and check whether you see something unusual when your mouse get stuck.

Also, it is strange why the tester marks your controller as xinput. The original DS4 should be detected as Wireless Controller, hm.

Do you have any other mappers in the system?

Comment

Well I changed the Xinput, but nope still hit that wall...took me around 3 minutes but yup. I'm resting my finger on the stick and dragging. I've done it twice testing it with Dinput. I do not have anything else and it's done it with mouse being the only bind on the controller =/
      Attached Files

Comment

I only experience this using ReWASD....I used 'Antimacro' and no wall, but the mouse movement in generally is really bad. Not built for gaming.
        Attached Files

Comment

What we asked you, is just to make the same steps and check how your sticks behave with the unmap turned off. Just connect your gamepad with Unmaps turned off for the stick, to check it on a gamepad tester. We have to know how does the STICK behave, not a virtual mouse.
          Check if it has any issues, glitches, walls. Probably, the issue is in the gamepad itself, not the reWASD. As you told, its a 4-year gamepad. Nothing really especial of it making the weird things. Probably your gamepad needs a doctor

Comment

Well the stick was pretty consistent as normal L and R sticks even with the range at '1'. My timestamp was 419372.64000. But neither stick rests at zero truly, so maybe that's causing some kind of interference and you're probably correct, I need a different or new controller =/

I've run out of ideas. I even went and tried to re-calibrate the controller before remapping the app back.

Comment

If you have a slight stick drift, you may also try to increase the deadzone. Your one (1900) is pretty small, usually it should be bigger.

If you have a chance to check any other controller, that would be great.

And we will continue trying to reproduce the issue I think.

Comment

I've gone as high as 8800 and it even had the issue at '0'. I think it's either more to do with learning how to curve the stick response, or my controller is old and I need an upgrade...

This is a side note but.....I updated to the Windows cumulative update, then windows got really laggy for me. So I reinstalled Windows and ReWASD says its registered to another PC. I tried following the step to revoke but yea....Can I get a little help? XD

Comment

You need to log in to your personal account at http://daemon-tools.cc/account and click Revoke near the previous activation. Use your email, defined during the purchase, as a login.

You can learn more here.

Comment

Solved and SOLVED!!!

I feel kinda dumb, but when I re-downloaded the software after my Windows clean install, I noticed again the 'Gamepad mapping' option that's between the Key Combo and Advanced, so I went ahead and unmapped R3, which I thought was the same thing as the 'Unmap' in the options that offer WASD, Sticks, etc....

In any Virtual mode, my wall is gone. That's where the error was and it is NOT the same as the other 'Unmap' options. I tested it in a game and desktop. I even unmapped from gamepad and remapped left mouse, F and R3 from the initial drop-down options and never had an issue.

Again, I want to thank everyone who helped. All your inputs were solid and most likely would've solved my issue had there been no interference from 'Gamepad mapping' =p
                    I already loved this app regardless of my issue. Thank you for making me more competitive! XD

Comment

Wow, great news!

I hope there won't be any issues in the future :satisfied:

Comment

Thanks. That EA Play has me trying games and then trying other games instead XD

Unfortunately, no I still get stuck. Then I tried the default '4' again, raised the in-game sensitivity....the screen starts stuttering....so I googled and I read a thread of someone who had my problem and you guys sent him a build and he said it fixed....I have THAT same exact problem, sorry if I failed to explain it. At '4' it's a stuttering mess BUT no 'Wall'...or as the other guy called it, "axis crossing".

Hope that helps XD

Comment

Yes, we had similar issue, and it was fixed a few releases ago. We could not reproduce the same problem anymore, with reWASD 5.5.1. Are you sure that you are using it?

Comment

Version 5.5.1 I'm positive. In game, it feels like I can get stuck anywhere, but in reality it only does it in the middle between X, Y crossings....it's not doing it every time, but at least once at random within 5 minutes if the sensitivity is higher than default '4'. All other settings make no difference to mouse speed but the sensitivity slider. '4' stutters unless the in-game is default to low. Everything else will eventually get me me stuck. Originally I had it on a BT Dongle and assumed it was a small amount of lag, but wired I still get stuck. Ideally sensitivity 6 or 7 would be great, but those numbers cause stutter also. 8-10 is nice and smooth, but stuck every 5 minutes or so. I can run into the problem sooner, but if I don't it'll happen no later than 5 min.

I tried messaging the person you guys sent a special build to, but that id hasn't logged on in months xD

Just btw as a gamepad everything's GREAT and games and mappings, etc. no problems...But fps much better via mouse input because I reduce the X, Y ranges to '1' minimum and only there it's stuck

Comment

That is way to strange, because we could not reproduce this behavior from our side. I hope any details about how you move your mouse may help us find it.

Comment

Ok so I did some experimenting......AntiMacro, once you give it a 1mm refresh rate, becomes nice and smooth. Furthermore, it has zero blocking when moving axis points and I can make small circular motions.

After playing around with AntiMacro software, I noticed a few things on what's being 'read' and how. I noticed that the stutters were caused by multiple inputs coming from my DS4 stick simultaneously. Since AntiMacro uses whatever drivers are available, it used reWASD "base". So I unmapped the RS and tried mapping the mouse. Didn't work. I then unmapped the 'RS' from the Steam controller settings and stutter was gone....Hmmmmmmm....ok so removing the joystick from steam got rid of the right-stick gamepad input...

OK let's try Apex Legends on Origin....Stutters....

So NOW I'm thinking it's clearly the inputs. But unfortunately, in reWASD, when I unmapped the stick, Antimacro didn't read the mouse input either and Origin doesn't have customization like Steam...NOW WHAT?

Ok non of the virtual pads worked. turning off the mapping didn't work.....So I uninstalled everything and re-installed DS4Windows. Unmapped my right joystick using DS4 (Unbound), turned on AntiMacro and it says AXIS 3 & 6 and it's reading them still EVEN though not in-game...YAY. I added the mouse mapping from AntiMacro....NO STUTTERS! NO WALL! And the 'Enhanced Mouse Precision' option smooths out all curve movements....Checked the 'Hide DS4' option....RS comes back no matter what....Uncheck it and it becomes basically neutral and I can remap it.

Conclusion....The 'Unmap' feature turns off everything and remapping Mouse still doesn't remove joystick input. I check the 'Mouse' option in reWASD, I'm expecting the stick functionality to be completely replaced. Right now it's not it's just layered essentially.

Comment

Working...
                                X