Weird problem on Ps3 navigation controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird problem on Ps3 navigation controller

hello, sorry for my english (i'm french) .... i have a problem with my PS3 navigation controller ... i mapped "w-a-s-d" on the stick ("zqsd" on azerty keyboard): - without touching the joystick (left on the desk), "w" "a" ("zq") are actuated randomly ... thinking that it was a dead zone problem, I greatly enlarged this zone, but the problem is still present ... I have everything unmapped / erased and remapped but without success ... Do you have a solution?
    Best regards

Please provide us with the all possible screenshots so we can understand this better.
    I understand the issue, but to provide you with a solution, I need a bit of better understanding.

Comment

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we do not support AZERTY keyboards at the moment, but you can try to choose the correct mapping from the reWASD mapping list. Does the issue happen if remap the same mapping on another stick or D-pad?
      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

hello, I have the same issue. when I left the (ps3) navigation controller without touching it. The joystick that I mapped w a s d. randomly sended a signal W and A in the same order, every 30 seg approx.
        I tried zones.I bought a new control. but the problem still the same.
        I have a QWERTY key board
        Thanks.

Comment

Hi there,

So, the issue happens on both stick with or without mappings? I mean, do the sticks move randomly without reWASD? It could be easily checked via joy.cpl (embedded Windows utility) or some online testers, like https://gamepad-tester.com/.

Try to fiddle with deadzone, maybe set it bigger that you've already set. Perhaps, a controller calibration s required.

How do you connect PS3, via cable or wireless?
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

The issue happens via bluetooth. if I use cable it works perfectly. I cheched in https://gamepad-tester.com/. and windows without reWASD and works pecfect. This only happens via bluetooth with reWASD activated. In the image I mark whitch keys get activated.
            Thanks again.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,
              Strange behavior. May I ask you to provide the config file that is used when the issue occurs? Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles I need the correspondent *.rewasd file. Do you connect the controller this way or another way?
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Yes I used the pair button of the reWASD software, nothing else.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,
                  Thank you for your config. I checked the advanced stick setting and find that the first dot of the stick curve is displayed too low (screenshot). Please, try to set the first dot a bit higher, like this, or set one of the defaults preset. Apply the config and try to reproduce the problem.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I put the curve a little bit higher. but 1 minute later the problem still the same, without touching the control.
                    Attached Files

Comment

You should ignore the [Response] curve and keep raising the deadzone, that is a [X axis: Low] value in [Advanced] settings, until the problem dissapears:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2020-11-17_234836.png Views:	0 Size:	12.4 KB ID:	222356

If problem stays, you can try resetting stick to [Default settings] and then map WASD to corresponding directions of [High] zone:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2020-11-17_235322.png Views:	0 Size:	91.5 KB ID:	222357

Comment

I reset everything, change the deadzones and the curves. But the bug persist. Only via bluetooth. If I connect the controller via usb the W A keys works perfectly.

Comment

Hi there,

The curve is not important in this case as the stick is remapped to WASD which is digital. So, the deadzone is important. But the weird thing that there is no issue with the cable connection.

May I ask you to specify how exactly the controller is connected via BT. What BT adapter is used? We will try to reproduce the case from our side as well.
                          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I use TP-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter for PC(UB400), 4.0 Bluetooth. I connected the controller, and click pair, nothing else.

Comment

I'll try in other pc tomorrow and I tell you if the problem persist.

Comment

Working...
                              X