Right Stick Camera only? Dodge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Stick Camera only? Dodge?

I'm playing Guild Wars 2, and I couldnt find aything in terms of making the right stick camera only, what is happening now is when I use the right stick the mouse pointer moves around the screen before the camera movement starts, im trying to remove any pointer action all together. I have my LShift mode set up so I can use the pointer that way, so I'm hoping there is a way to only do camera without the pointer moving around at all on the main section. Is this Possible?
    Thanks for any/all help.

Also on a side note, if possibe the left stick is setup for normal WASD, but what happens from time to time the character does the dodge move which is assigned elsewhere to the letter V, the left stick does not have V anywhere on it, so why is the character dodging from left stick? Is that normal or something faulty with the setup? Not sure what info I need to provide, this is my first post. game for rewasd works fine besides these 2 things.

Hi there,

1. If I got you right this is the way to do it - https://help.rewasd.com/faq/usecases.html#18.

2. Check the Advanced stick setting. Perhaps there are additional mapping to zone or directions (screenshots). A stick remapped to WASD usually behaves like WASD.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi, I'm probably way in over my head, but I'm hoping I'll still be able to resolve this, I imported that guild wars 2 config file, cause I couldn't figure out how to make the right stick move the camera at all, lol I even tried to search for videos but couldn't find any at all. I took some screen shots, I'm hoping that this might help someone else see if anything is wrong that they could tell me to fix/change?

To try to put into more detail, when I move the right stick before the camera starts to move the arrow/pointer will move a little bit, but it doesnt end up back in the same spot whe I let go of the right stick, if it did, I wouldnt bother, but what ends up happening is the arrow/pointer eventually goes off screen then the camera doesn't work at all, I tried adjusting the x-axis in advanced, but I just didnt understand it enough and one of 2 things happened, the pointer starts to move/drift slowly to the left on its own or it moves too much before the camera starts to move.
      Attached Files

Comment

For some reason its not letting me update my own post lol, but I just wanted to mention that my rewasd is the basic version and yes I know the rapid is only $9, but I had to borrow money to get guild wars and its on sale right now for $14.99 lol, and I had rewasd from a long time ago lol

Again, thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi there,

According to the screenshot you have a medium zone left. Please, remove it as well to use high zone only - http://recordit.co/a0tjYyJhB5. In this case, the RMB (right-click, not left?) triggers only when the deflected stick passes the high zone.

Also, try to use a default stick response curve.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'm not sure I setup it up exactly like you said, it works a bit better, but the pointer still moves around, I dont know if I can take a video and upload it, but here is a updated pic, did I miss anything?

Click image for larger version

Name:	rewasd004.jpg
Views:	955
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	222458

Comment

Hi there.

What are shortcuts for? According to the screenshot you have shortcuts. What do they do? May I ask you to remove them at all?

Also, please, create a new config from scratch as the current is re-made from Desktop config - https://help.rewasd.com/interface/workspace.html.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I don't know what the shortcuts are for as I stated I got that config file online from someone that posted a guildwars 2 config file, I am not familiar with rewasd even after watching the video you linked.

Ok, So i reset my rewasd

Name:	rewasdcleanslate01.jpg
Views:	908
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	222475

I created a new config file and everything appears to be working correctly except the right stick, it doesnt move anything lol including the pointer which is what I was trying to get it to stop doing, so now I just need to program/set it up to only move the camera and that will be awesome, if its possible.

Name:	rewasdcleanslate02.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	222477

I havent done anything to the right stick as I do not know what to do Any further help here would be greatly appreciated.
                Attached Files

Comment

These are the right mouse settings

Name:	rewasdcleanslate03.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	222479

Name:	rewasdcleanslate04.jpg
Views:	903
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	222480

Comment

If you want the mouse to be moved, you should select the left stick and remap it to mouse.
                    Of course right stick does not work in Guild Wars 2 as it does not support a gamepad.
                    So you have to remake your right stick to mouse. But for this case, as camera movements needs your left mouse button to be held, so you have to assign some button for the left mouse click and hold it while moving the left stick.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
                      If you want the mouse to be moved, you should select the left stick and remap it to mouse.
                      Of course right stick does not work in Guild Wars 2 as it does not support a gamepad.
                      So you have to remake your right stick to mouse. But for this case, as camera movements needs your left mouse button to be held, so you have to assign some button for the left mouse click and hold it while moving the left stick.
                      yes, I'm not sure how much you read, I copied someone else's guild wars 2 config file and im able to play the game pretty well for the most part, the config file allows the right stick to move as a camera, the left stick makes the character move around wasd or i specifically set it to wqse because i like the strafing, so i cannot change the left stick to make the mouse move, so the problem I run into is the right stick also moving the pointer around not just the camera, Star Lord asked me to make the config file from scratch, which I believe I did for the most part, but I do not know how to setup the right stick so that it moves the camera, let alone make it so that it moves the camera without moving the pointer lol, this is what I'm trying to get help with lol, i know trying to explain in text is difficult, I do have discord if anyone wants to talk we can do it that way lol

here is the pic of the config file that I copied showing how the right stick was setup, I want to replicate that or something similar so my right stick only moves the camera.

Name:	rewasd002.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	222483

Comment

alo with the "pretty well" what eventually was happing to me because the right stick was moving the pointer too, was that eventually the pointe would go off screen then the right stick would no longer work, meaning i have to stop using the controller so i can manually move the pointer back to the center of the screen in order for the right stick to move again. So thats what prompted me asking for help

I'm both new to guild wars 2 and rewasd, even tho i've owned rewasd for a lot longer I didnt ever set it up, just used other people's config files. So that's hy I'm hoping to get help, Star Lord has been helping, but I'm just not able to get that daRn right stick setup properly lol.

As always I appreciate all help sorry for asking dumb questions

Comment

Well, as for me, if you mean mouse cursor as pointer, this happens because of how the game detect the input. Usually, when you move the camera, game should lock the cursor. But I guess this doesn't happen.
                          And you cannot stop the cursor of moving, because the camera will not turn then.

So basically, I just tested this config.
                          To rotate the camera, I have to press the left trigger to emulate the right mouse click and move the right stick (which is remapped to the mouse directions). After I release the left trigger, cursor remains at the same place.

Comment

P.S.
                            Offtop:
                            And as you are new to Guild Wars 2, I must say, that some classes are impossible to be played with gamepad. Just telling you this as a fan of both, gamepad and Guild Wars.
                            Maybe this is because of the elementalist gameplay and its 4 attunements which must be constantly switching, but still, hard one

Comment

I could try that config to see if it works better, but what I'm trying to do is setup the right stick on my own so I know how to do it lol

As for not being able to play some classes, thats not a problem for me I'm playing the game for fun, I'm not looking to break any dps records or anything else of the sort lol, I've always played with controler support whether it is through steam, or i used to use xpadder back in the day, but I really want to learn how to setup the right stick for camera on my own, or rather have someone walk me through it lol which is why I mentioned discord cause I know it would be easier to talk about it instead of texting lol

Comment

Working...
                              X