No announcement yet.

Right Stick Camera only? Dodge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but if anyone wants to talk me through setting it up on their own here is my discord link

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.

Again, thanks for the help ill be on for a bit tonight before bed, if not tonight just let me know when is the best time to talk I'm on east code, i know the holiday might throw off my online time though.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
      Well, as for me, if you mean mouse cursor as pointer, this happens because of how the game detect the input. Usually, when you move the camera, game should lock the cursor. But I guess this doesn't happen.
      And you cannot stop the cursor of moving, because the camera will not turn then.

So basically, I just tested this config.
      To rotate the camera, I have to press the left trigger to emulate the right mouse click and move the right stick (which is remapped to the mouse directions). After I release the left trigger, cursor remains at the same place.
      I looked at the config you linked, I see what you mean about the left stick moving the camera, if you look at this config and test it out youll see that the right stick moves the camera without help from the left stick

Download GUILD WARS 2 Xbox controls to remap gamepad on PC. GUILD WARS 2 key bindings are the custom config to map controller to keyboard.

thats what im trying to do on my own, but youll see the pointer movement as well, its possible that there is no way to remove the pointer movement, which i can understand if that is the case, however I would like to first get my right stick to move like this config file on my own, without needing to copy a config file

Comment

ok i made a change in the setup for the right stick

Click image for larger version

Name:	rewasdcleanslate05.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	222491

Now the right stick moves the camera, but there is still pointer movement
        All I did was change right to mouse.......
        I'm hoping some more tweaks will stop the pointer, or that is my goal anyways lol

Comment

Hello!

The config you are using is good, but you need to remove the medium zone, so that after the deadzone the stick goes to high zone immediately, and the high zone hold your mouse button.

Here is how it should look like:

Click image for larger version  Name:	e436e408ce.png Views:	0 Size:	357.8 KB ID:	222493

Otherwise, I can check your config to be sure that it is set up correctly. Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Also, we do have Discord text chat, so you can join it anytime to discuss this case faster

Comment

cool, I joined the discord, I didnt see a voice chat, ill post in either help or configs.

Comment

i cant seem to edit my own posts, here is my config file, I wasnt sure I could post it rewasd discord

Attached Files

Comment

We have a text chat in Discord only, but always happy to help

I've updated the config a bit, please try it now.
                Attached Files

Comment

OK, after many attempts I think Ive finally come up with the exact movement(s) that I wanted to come up with for Guild Wars 2, I wanted to say thanks for all the help from the rewasd team, I did have to upgrade my basic rewasd account to full, however right now they are having a great black friday sale on the full account. (I'm not getting paid to say that lol, just wanted to show how appreciative I am with all the help

Here is my own config file from scratch if anyone has Guild Wars 2 and wants to test it out, you have to have toggle in order for it to work, and you have to press in the right stick to get the camera to move perfectly without the mouse/pointer getting in the way.

Again thanks for all the help and Happy Gobble Gobble Day.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yay, thank you for your kind words!

That is great to know that you have finally found your perfect config. Sorry that it took a bit longer

Have the great holiday season!

Comment

Working...
                    X