Keybind problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keybind problem

Ok , So I downloaded a config and then when I switched the binds to my settings and pressed save and apply and turned the remap on it turns on and switches back to its original default downloaded keybinds I tried everything , like saving , cloning etc

Hi there,

Details are appreciated. What controller, what config, how do you apply? Do you use a controller or keyboard&mouse as the controller. Specify details, please,

Thank you in advance.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello!

Please go to Preferences -> My data tab and check the path you have for configs, like here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1f33d67a6c.png
Views:	637
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	222635

Which path do you see?

Comment

I have a xbox one controller but I dont use it
        The cfg I use is this https://www.rewasd.com/community/con...7b8ce806925d3e
        I use keyboard and mouse as a controller
        I will explain it briefly.
        So I downloaded this config imported it, Next I change some keybinds but when I change keybinds I press save and turn remap on it goes to default binds like same in the config

Comment

Your case is similar to spoofer/cleaner usage aftermath.

Please check the value of [Preferences > My data > Configs], as reWASDer asked. The value should be: *C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles*. If it's *reWASD\Profiles*, use [this tool]. Once that is done, check if you have reWASD folder with profiles on your Desktop, and if you do, move or copy it to "C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles".

Then start reWASD, check if [Preferences > My data > Configs] value is correct and try to change config and [Apply] it again.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
            Hello!

Please go to Preferences -> My data tab and check the path you have for configs, like here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1f33d67a6c.png
Views:	637
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	222635

Which path do you see?
            Exactly same path as this photo

Comment

In case the path is correct, please open General tab of Preferences and click Clear data button. Then, open reWASD again and initialize your devices from scratch. Try to Apply the config again and check whether the bindings are working now.

Comment

hey tyyy i was wondering if it is possible for someone to use the above config and make changes so that I can use it as my settings in it

Comment

Hi there,

The config's owner can, but this is not the case. Do you try to emulate the DS4 controller? What about other controllers (Xbox 360, One)? Please, try to change the virtual controller type to one of these controllers and apply config. Is the issue the same?
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                    Hi there,

The config's owner can, but this is not the case. Do you try to emulate the DS4 controller? What about other controllers (Xbox 360, One)? Please, try to change the virtual controller type to one of these controllers and apply config. Is the issue the same?
                    It worked the first time then I turned off remap on and again on same problem continues

Comment

Hi there,

May I ask you to collect some logs? Check this link and follow the steps to collect trace text logs for reWASD.exe. So:

- create the shortcut with -tracetext command.
                      - Run reWASD using this shortcut and reproduce the problem, step by step.
                      - Go to the directory where logs are stored and attach them here.

Thank you in advance.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey sorry for the late reply, I fixed the problem now Im wondering how do I configure same keybinds tto do 2 different things.
                        I binded my a to left joystick and I want to bind a to left shift but it says its being used and this one wont be saved

Comment

Hello,

You may set another mapping to double or triple press, etc (screenshot). In this case, a single press of LShift performs some mapping, the double press, for example, another one.
                          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Sorry I did not understand what you have said.
                            I meant I want my "A" to be binded as left stick left and Lshift.

Comment

Hi there,

So, when you press "A" you get stick right deflection + LSihift button trigger simultaneously. If so, use a combo (screenshot). Once A pressed, you get a combination of stick left + LShift.
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X