Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make a button also toggle off another button that is currently toggled on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make a button also toggle off another button that is currently toggled on.

Hi,

First of all, big fan of the software, really enjoyed it so far. Great work.

I'd like to use toggle on a button, here LT on xbox controller. So i select toggle option on Single press option. But the thing is, i would like LT to be released when i push other buttons on the controller while still keeping their normal mapping (not all of them, but i could select a few buttons that would cancel the toggle on LT), instead of having to press LT again to cancel the toggle.

I've been trying many things, it doesn't seem possible to me so far. I tried to remap other buttons so they would press LT before activating their respective input, for example remap "A" button into "LT then A" but, of course, it doesn't work because the software still considers LT being pressed since i haven't physically pressed it again to cancel toggle.

So i'm stuck and i have that weird feeling it's not possible. Maybe a workaround could do the trick, for example, is there a button/function to reset/short circuit all inputs being currently registered by the software? so it cancels automatically every toggle/turbo/macro etc being used to avoid infinite loops. Weird trick but I guess that would do the same thing to me.

Thank you for your help.

First, we are glad you like our software!

Regarding the release of particular button by pressing another one, it is not possible at the moment. If you used some particular button for pressing the button, please use the same button for releasing it. It is like a caps lock. You press it once for the big letters, then press it again for normal ones.

reWASD has the emergency buttons Ctrl+Alt+Delete to stop remap anytime, and no mappings will be reproduced after pressing it.
    Also, you can stop all the currently running combos by pressing Menu+View+Left Bumper + Right Bumper.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1331
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	226031

Comment

Arf, my apprehension was right then. It really felt like it was not doable from the tools i had. The stop combo is a good alternative on paper, but impossible in practice. I can't edit the shortcut (it's too long by default) and it would slow down reactivity of inputs on controller way too much anyway. Never mind, thanks for your answer. Do you know if it's possible that would be added one day? A way of simulating physical pressure on a button via a macro on another button. Or is it a bit too niche for that?

Comment

We are not sure if it will ever be implemented in reWASD.

Still, we have noted your request, we may find some solution one day.

Also, there is a command available for mapping that disables the remap. If you wish to use the emergency stop, in that case, you can use this feature.

Comment

Hey there, I'd just like to put my 2 cents in on this type of feature as well.

I have a toggled macro set up in an MMO that I will press a shift activator and then another button and it begins the game's autorun feature as well as a macro of dodging every 2500ms (this activates a running speed buff so I can travel faster).

It would be great if as soon as I clicked any button (ie. attack) then this macro would break. Currently the autorun will break but my character will continue to keep dodging out of control (lol!)

If you have any advice on this or help, that would be highly appreciated! It's not unusable as is but has definitely accidentally left me in some rather precarious moments.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll also look at this functionality for future updates.

Comment

I'm also looking for something similar. It will be good to be able to completely change of shift (let's say 0 to 1) at the point you can remap the key (let's say "B") that you used to reach that shift ("1" in this case) and then, of course, use that same key ("B" in this case) to do something completely different in the new shift, let's say execute another key combo or change to another shift (e.g. "2") that is not just returning to the old one ("0").

Comment

Originally Posted by RafaARV View Post
                I'm also looking for something similar. It will be good to be able to completely change of shift (let's say 0 to 1) at the point you can remap the key (let's say "B") that you used to reach that shift ("1" in this case) and then, of course, use that same key ("B" in this case) to do something completely different in the new shift, let's say execute another key combo or change to another shift (e.g. "2") that is not just returning to the old one ("0").
                Something similar is planned for version 6.0. ETA: late December.

Comment

Currently the only way to deactivate an active remap toggle is to press the same button that activated it, ctrl+alt+delete, or the controller button combo method? It would be really nice if there was options for other ways to override/deactivate an active remap toggle.

For example, being able to press keyboard W or some other customizable button to deactivate a mouse button remap that is toggling W for automoving forward.

Basically, being able to go from mouse remap automoving to deactivating it and manually moving forward by pressing and holding the W key on the keyboard would be some really nice QoL.

Comment

Such action can be performed by switching the Shift layer for your device.
                    e.g. in Shift0 you have the remapped keys, but switching to another Shift Layer will make your keys to work as normal.

Please check this article for more information about the Shift Layers.

Also, there is a possibility to assign turning the remap off command to any button or combination of buttons you want. 'Turn remap OFF' is a command, available in the list of all the mappings.

Another thing we are working on, it was already mentioned in this topic, is making the shift layer to work as commands. So you can assign different actions of Shift mode to different keys. Stay tuned for updates on that feature
                    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting, thank you. Hmm, shifting layers doesn't seem to help in this situation as I just end up with a different layer with the same toggle still active from the previous layer, and then I can't disable the toggle because the num8 mouse bind I used to activate it isn't registered on that 2nd layer.

Unfortunately, the turn remap off command just minimizes the game and turns the entire remap off, requiring me to manually re-enable it in the rewasd app. I disabled notifications to try and stop it from minimizing the game but it still happens. Even if there's a fix for that, having to manually re-enable the entire remap every time is not practical for an ingame automovement solution.

Not sure if shift layer commands would smooth out the issue as well, but big ups on developing this handy app more either way.

What I basically need is a de-activator key option for rewasd mapping toggles that can be used to de-activate remap toggles in addition to the button used to activate them.

I have a AHK script that performs this way, but that app has it's own set of bugs and limitations, such as often having to press activator buttons twice in games to get them to fire.
                      Attached Files

Comment

We are working on a feature that will make the release of all pressed buttons, once the shift layer is switched.
                        Switching the shift layer will release the button press in case another mapping is assigned in another shift layer.

Also, slots feature allows you to change configs on-fly. And there might be one key responsible for switching the slot. Just pay your attention that each slot requires its own config applied to it.
                        Please check this article for the details.

Global profile is also one of our planned features, but no ETA for now.

Comment

Oh right on. If there was an option like that for shift layer shifting to de-activate pressed buttons, and I'm then after able to shift layer switch back to layer 2 and run a toggle W command at the same time all from a single mouse button press, that could effectively work as a solution to the kind of auto run toggle I'm looking for. Thank you.

Comment

Originally Posted by emergency snacks View Post
                            Oh right on. If there was an option like that for shift layer shifting to de-activate pressed buttons, and I'm then after able to shift layer switch back to layer 2 and run a toggle W command at the same time all from a single mouse button press, that could effectively work as a solution to the kind of auto run toggle I'm looking for. Thank you.
                            Hey there! I may need a clarification here to fully understand your request:

1. You are using Toggle option in reWASD (which lets you tap the button once to get it pressed until you press it again)? And you want it to be stopped when you switch to another layer?
                            In this case, please consider using Slots. Once you switch to a new slot (with a new config), all toggled mappings will stop.

2. Or maybe you are talking about the button that is physically pressed?

Comment

So this is mostly just a QoL request for an alternative way to easily disable and reenable toggles specifically regarding automovement in games.

I'm using a mouse thumb button (mouse numpad8) to activate the toggle. Ideally I just want to be able to alternatively deactivate the toggle which is holding down the W key by simply pressing/holding the W key again.

So basically, instead of being forced to press the mouse thumb button to stop the toggle and then haveing to follow up with pressing/holding W key after that to resume moving forward, I simply want to just be able to press or hold the W key again to deactivate the toggle and continue running forward manually.

Switching to another layer to potentially facilitate this was suggested by wookiepediologist, but I wasn't able to get it to do what I was seeking.

1. When switching layers the game minimizes regardless if notifications are on or off.

2. After enabling the W toggle on layer 1, and then switching to main config layer 0 with W when I want to deactivate the toggle, it switches to main configuration with no way to stop the toggle unless I switch back to layer 1 and press mouse numpad8

3. Not having a way to switch the layer back and use the toggle in the same keypress (I need to be able to switch the layer and have it fire the command to activate the toggle in the layer 2 simultaneously when I want to reactivate the autorun)

4. I'm still learning the program so there's probably things I'm not doing correctly, layers and slots seem a little overcomplicated for what I'm trying to do with it, but I'm a noob lol.

Some of the upcoming features wookie described seem like they might provide solutions to 2 and 3. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X