Device Grouping Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device Grouping Help

I have an xbox elite series 2 controller that I group with a foot pedal (shows up as a USB composite device). Everything works great, but I cannot get the slots on the xbox controller to register configs when I group the two devices. When I use just the xbox controller, I am able to assign configs to the 4 slots, and when I press the profile button on the controller, the desktop overlay shows it changing to the correct config. If I group them, it will let me assign the configs to slots 1-4, but it does not show it changing in the software when I hit the profile button, nor does it show up on the desktop overlay.

Any suggestions?

Currently reWASD can react to profile-change button of Xbox Elite Series 2 only when this controller is not in a group.
    We already working on a solution, but I don't have ETA of it at the moment. You will be notified once it's implemented.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Really love this software btw, great work.

Comment

I think that is the fastest feature implementation ever

You are welcome to check reWASD 5.8 that includes the ability to switch slot of the group with Elite controller using the hardware switcher.

Other novelties are described here.

Comment

Wow, very fast customer service! Small problem though.

I have downloaded and installed the new version, and now my foot pedal shows up as a USB composite device (like it should). I tell REWASD that it is a keyboard, and it categorizes it correctly. But when I try to group it with my elite 2, it switches itself to a mouse. I have tested this several times with the same outcome.

Comment

Thanks for your fast reply. Please try to make a clean refresh for the reWASD (it won't affect your configs):

1. Go to Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right), General tab
            2. Click Clear data button and confirm your action
            3. Wait until the GUI and tray agent appear
            4. Initialize your devices from scratch and try again

Comment

I followed steps 1-4 and still get the same outcome. Immediately when I select the USB composite device and choose keyboard as the input device, it forces it to be a mouse. Did not happen before the update. The usb composite device is an iKKEGOL usb foot pedal.

Comment

If the steps completed did not help, unfortunately, there is nothing else we can do as this device was never tested by us. The list of the supported devices can be found here.

Comment

We would also appreciate it if you could send us the video of what is actually happening for the better understanding.

Comment

Here is a link to the problem.

I totally get that it's not supported. Just kinda bummed that it was working before the update, and now it's not.

Comment

So nevermind - I reinitialized the foot pedal in its native software application and rewasd recognized it correctly. Thanks for your patience and help!

Comment

Oh, good news! Not sure what has happened here, but that's cool that it is working OK now. Thank you for letting us know.

Comment

Well, I was wrong - it is not fixed. It did for a moment show up as a keyboard, but when I grouped it with my controller it turned into a mouse.

Here is a video showing the issue.

Comment

This is not correct, actually. The mouse device that you show on a video is a virtual gamepad created by Logitech driver.
                            Your foot pedal must have a different name. Just the device that you select is not correct

Comment

Yes, it is different from the two virtual Logitech devices. The problem is it disappears after I choose keyboard as the type of input.

Another video showing the issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X