No announcement yet.

Horizon Zero Dawn: Issue with shift layers persisting input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home for all your photos and videos, automatically organized and easy to share.

I took this crappy video just showing it with my xbox one controller. See how sticky the WASD keys become, but it's even worse when you have simultaneous mouse input. I can see it in game. I've tested the Dualsense, Xbox One and SteamController, all show the same issue. Using Steam input with the same mapping I don't see the same stickiness.

Comment

Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
      https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...oifsbRgHE0Mkxs
      I took this crappy video just showing it with my xbox one controller. See how sticky the WASD keys become, but it's even worse when you have simultaneous mouse input. I can see it in game. I've tested the Dualsense, Xbox One and SteamController, all show the same issue. Using Steam input with the same mapping I don't see the same stickiness.
      Please re-check the permissions and the link — I get 404 error while trying to access it.

Comment

Comment

Now I got it, thank you!

Could you please try the same with this tool? It logs presses and releases of the keyboard keys, and it will help see the exact moment when it happens.
          If the download doesn't start, please copy the link to the new window. Once you open the tool, please switch to RawInput Keyboard tab and check "Released" too:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1eb99c7710.png Views:	0 Size:	53.3 KB ID:	229829

Comment

I just tested your tool Input and input does look wrong. Instead of the W key (for example) being continuously pressed, it's being registered as multiple W presses that are delayed the longer you press. Another example in game.

Comment

Here is the input tool with the same config:

Comment

Thanks a lot for your testing!

Instead of the W key (for example) being continuously pressed, it's being registered as multiple W presses
                Actually, this part goes right — if you press and hold the keyboard key, you will see the same — there are lots of fast presses, and it should end with one "up" event — just "Released" option should be on in that tool.

You can switch this multiple emulation off in reWASD, you just need to set Keyboard repeat rate to Do not repeat here:

Click image for larger version  Name:	44cb2220d5.png Views:	0 Size:	214.9 KB ID:	229833

This part has not changed since reWASD 3.0 I think, so this should not be a problem.

that are delayed the longer you press
                And this part definitely goes wrong, it should stop immediately if the stick is not moving.

Could you please confirm that you have tried reWASD 5.8.1 or later — with the current environment — and it works properly?
                You will help us a lot if you check the previous version.

Comment

I haven't tested previous versions, and I wasn't using WASD configs before at all, so I'm not sure. Where would I download previous versions to test? Also, I don't want to lose my configs preferably, can I run 2 versions together.

Comment

You can download any previous version from your personal account. To log in, use the same email address you have defined during the purchase.

The configs should be safe while downgrading from 6.0.1 to 5.8.1, but — just in case — it is better to backup them. Just manually copy them and save to another directory. You can get access to the config folder from Preferences -> My data tab.

You won't be able to use both versions together, you will need to remove 6.0.1 before you go.

UPD: please check 5.8.1 — 6.0.0 and 6.0.1 are too similar, so I am 100% sure that they will work the same way.

Comment

And a few more things (just to be sure):
                      • if you map Arrows (or any other keyboard mappings, excluding WASD) to the stick — you get the same in the tester?
                      • if you map keyboard keys to the digital buttons — you do not get this weird delay after the button is released, right?

Comment

Thanks, so I've changed the key repeat behavior, and all modes seem to work correctly (Slow, no Repeat and Keyboard Native), so the problem seems to be with the 'Fast' repeat mode. I'm on Windows 11, if that makes any difference, so that would fix my issue, but I do think there is something wrong with the 'fast' mode.

Comment

Great news, thank you for confirming and checking.

At this moment, do not waste your time for the previous release — we have found what is going on!

Still I will ask you two more things
                          1. Once the config is applied and you move a stick, the second stick, gyro — could you please check Task Manager stats? Do you see anything abnormal, either with reWASD or with a game or just in the system?
                          2. Could you please send me your system information? It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps and drivers. It will help us recreate the same conditions and reproduce the issue from our side.
                            1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
                            2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
                            3. Go to File -> Save
                            4. Send me the *.nfo file you get
                          Thank you in advance!

Comment

I don't see anything abnormal in Task Manager, I've also tested LatencyMon and see no issues. Where should I send the nfo file, not sure if it's safe to post publicly.

Comment

And to answer your other questions, mapping to the direction pad with 'fast' repeat also has the issue. Mapping arrows to the stick also shows the issue (while fast repeat is active only).
                              My system is pretty fast and I have no performance issues otherwise (5600x cpu, 3080gpu).

Comment

Got it, thank you, very interesting.

We will need research from our side, though, at least we understand why it may happen, so thanks a lot for your report!

You can send msinfo file either to help@rewasd.com or to private messages here — just press "chat" icon near my nickname.

Comment

Working...
                                X