Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disable an input device, or switch to a different virtual controller in shift layers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable an input device, or switch to a different virtual controller in shift layers?

Hello peeps,

To further explain, for example let's say I have the controller set to virtual xbox 360 in shift layer 0 and want it to be virtual PS4 controller in shift layer 1 , or have it completely disabled (not muted) in shift layer 1 , by disabled, I mean the windows sees it as disconnected or the game I'm playing does not see it at all.

The reason I want this is Lost Ark, I've done some testing and it seems that when you unplug/disable your controller, the character aims the used skill towards the cursor and there is no need to aim a ranged AOE skill with their in-game cursor thingy, Lost Ark also does not recognize a PS4 controller natively so switching the type of controller to PS4 also works the same way.

And so, theoritically, if I can make the skills go off in shift layer 1 , and set the controller to disabled in this layer, the skill will be aimed towards the cursor, not the character's movement direction.

I'm well aware of the other thread where a fellow user (@ChillBear) posted a config to make this happen, amazing work and a huge thanks to them, but it's still not as smooth/practical as the game's own way of handling it, especially in pvp where timing and precision matters a lot, so I'm trying to make as native as possible.

Thanks in advance, regards,
    Yami.

Hello Yami!

You can disable the controller input in Shift Layer 1, using Mute all option (it's a part of menu under the controller). However, in this case, the controller will be still connected and visible for the system and the game. It just won't fire any controller actions. If you need it to be disconnected from the system fully, you should use Slots and apply a config without the virtual controller to the Slot 2 and switch between them using the customizable 1-3-button hotkey.

Unfortunately, I haven't tested Lost Ark and I am not sure how the game will react on both things. Would be grateful if you could try and let us know how it works.

Comment

Hello reWASDer,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion, I have tested your suggestion to use the slots instead, that worked, but the response of the game and the system in general is not perfect, it works as intended, as in the skills actually do come out towards the cursor rather than where the character is facing, but I've stumbled upon three issues:

1- Mini stuttering when switchig between slots, not sure if it's the game's fault, the system's or rewasd's, and that in crucial moments, such as pvp, can mess things up badly for me.
      2- Sometimes the game does not recognize the gamepad immediately after switching back to the slot that has the gamepad active.
      3- I have every license except the slots one purchased and currently, I'm not really able to afford buying it unfortunately, so once the trial on that feature expires, I will be unable to do this altogether sadly..

With that said, thanks again for your support, regards,
      Yami.

Comment

Hey!
        Try also the above method with [Mute all] in Shift Layer 1. Does it work as it should in the game?

Comment

Hey RAM,

Unfortunately no, it does, 'cause the game still recognizes that a gamepad is connected, and so the skills still come out the direction the char's facing.

Comment

I'm afraid there are no other options in this case

Comment

Working...
            X