This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Vlandarr View Post

Found this thread today when I was trying to set up reWASD for the first time. Of course the first time using the XBox Accessories app it prompts you to update the firmware.
    I am using the XBox wireless adapter with Elite Series 2.

I did find a way to do this through Windows (I have only tested W10, I have not needed to test W11. As with any sort of firmware changes YMMV, and it is done at your own risk):
    Right-click the Start Menu > Run
    Enter
    Code:
    xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true
    Run

For me this gave the firmware downgrade warnings and let me know it would no longer prompt me for upgrades. It allowed me to proceed and downgrade the firmware to 4.8.1908.0.
    I also do not know if there is a way to selectively update to a newer old firmware, or if there are other issues with using this firmware, but the paddles now appear to work for me.
    This worked for me too. I plugget it in via usb, then just win+r and pasted the mentioned command code, then selected "Of course I am sure I want to revert to a working firmware you fool!" and then "Yes, of course im sure!!!"

Please Rewasd stick this solution for pc only owners on your FAQ, clean and simple!

Comment

Originally Posted by Vlandarr View Post

Found this thread today when I was trying to set up reWASD for the first time. Of course the first time using the XBox Accessories app it prompts you to update the firmware.
      I am using the XBox wireless adapter with Elite Series 2.

I did find a way to do this through Windows (I have only tested W10, I have not needed to test W11. As with any sort of firmware changes YMMV, and it is done at your own risk):
      Right-click the Start Menu > Run
      Enter
      Code:
      xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true
      Run

For me this gave the firmware downgrade warnings and let me know it would no longer prompt me for upgrades. It allowed me to proceed and downgrade the firmware to 4.8.1908.0.
      I also do not know if there is a way to selectively update to a newer old firmware, or if there are other issues with using this firmware, but the paddles now appear to work for me.
      Thank you for this, I did not realize this was a recent issue and my heart sank when I realized what happened since I literally just bought this controller and wanted to make use of rewasd only to find out the new software from Microsoft broke it. I think there should be a warning for people who wanted to customized the paddles to not update the software for now.

Comment

Happy to know that the guide saves the day. Have the great gaming experience with reWASD

Comment

Wow that run command saved my day why would they push firmware like that .......

Comment

Originally Posted by endbase View Post
            Wow that run command saved my day why would they push firmware like that .......
            thats a Very Good Question, has anyone Questioned Microsoft about this at all ?

Comment

Originally Posted by cadasa View Post

This worked for me too. I plugget it in via usb, then just win+r and pasted the mentioned command code, then selected "Of course I am sure I want to revert to a working firmware you fool!" and then "Yes, of course im sure!!!"

Please Rewasd stick this solution for pc only owners on your FAQ, clean and simple!

Thanks for the help on this fixed my issue too

Comment

Originally Posted by BloodDevil0 View Post

thats a Very Good Question, has anyone Questioned Microsoft about this at all ?
                We have got the official answer that the issue will be fixed, but it is still not. Would be great if you contact their team too — maybe they will give it a higher priority.

Comment

Any news for this?

Comment

Originally Posted by Mepsipax View Post
                    Any news for this?
                    We are working on it. reWASD 6.3.0 should be able to remap paddles of Xbox Elite Series 2 even with the latest firmware on the controller. ETA is the start of September.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                      We are working on it. reWASD 6.3.0 should be able to remap paddles of Xbox Elite Series 2 even with the latest firmware on the controller. ETA is the start of September.
                      Nice work thx in advance

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                        Any news on the release date of reWASD 6.3.0?

Comment

Hello! As you may know, Xbox Elite 2, Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S controllers got a new firmware update — 5.13. Last week, we updated reWASD and enabled remapping paddles on Xbox Elite 2 controller — hooray! We are strongly recommending to all Xbox Elite 2 controller users to re-download and re-install reWASD from the

Comment

And me was hitting the check for new version button every day :P ty for the heads up

Comment

Originally Posted by endbase View Post

And me was hitting the check for new version button every day :P ty for the heads up
                              Yeah, I was making the mistake of using the "Check for Updates" button within the app, not realizing I needed to re-download and re-install reWASD to get it working.

But so glad it does now!!

Comment

so has these issue been fixed does anyone know on the latest xbox accessories app version, i still have mine down graded from before,

Comment

Working...
                                X