Low battery LED issue on Xbox One controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low battery LED issue on Xbox One controller

Hey there. I'm having a issue with the reWASD LED feature on the Xbox One controller model 1708 M1008260-007. I'm still on trial period and consider buying the software after that. Also English is not my native language, so I ask for a bit of patience if I didn't explain things right.

I've set up reWASD to blink the controller's LED (stroboscope pattern, max bright) when battery level is low, but it won't work.
    I get both the low battery popups ("The battery is Low. Isn't it time to charge it?") and the critical battery popup ("The battery is Critical. You are in danger!"), but the controller's LED doesn't change even though I have set it up to in the led settings. All blinking patterns for "Enable led when controller is connected" work (solid glow, shimmer, heartbeat, stroboscope and breath) with different light intensities, but only for it. The blinking patter doesn't change when the battery level is low nor when it's critical.
    I've tried:
    -Restarting my PC. No effect
    -Update the controller firmware (now it is version 5.13.3143.0), but only the "Enable led when controller is connected" feature work.
    -Test different brightness levels. They only work for the "Enable led when controller is connected" feature.
    -Unmark the "Enable led when controller is connected" box, but it only leave the LED turned off, and doesn't do anything when battery level is low or critical
    -Unmark the "Loop" box for "controller connected", but the led only work for a few seconds then turn off (but the controller is still on)
    -Unmark "Loop" box for "low battery". No effect
    -I've also tested all combinations mentioned above with both the "Enable LED on remap and shift changing" and "Prevent other apps from using LED" boxes marked and unmarked but it makes no difference. If Remap is enabled, then only the Remap LED configuration stays enabled.
    -Connecting by bluetooth or the Xbox wireless connector makes no difference.

I wonder if the issue is if that my controller is old (I bought it in 2017) or if it's software related. I think maybe the "low battery" setting is getting overriden by the other ones, or maybe there's a bug that prevent it from working properly.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-05-16_14-32-47.png
Views:	861
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	232082

Name:	2022-05-16_14-28-30.png
Views:	542
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	232083

Hello!

Thank you for the detailed description! Could you please check if there is any difference when you try other modes set for this condition?

"Loop" lets you change how long the LED will work. So it is normal if with this option, the LED works for a limited time. By modes, I mean use Breathe or Shimmer instead of Stroboscope.

We will check this issue from our side too, just we will need a bit more time.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Could you please check if there is any difference when you try other modes set for this condition?
      Thanks for the fast reply. I've used the term "blinking pattern" instead of "mode", and I've tried every mode and bright intensity (or "color", from the color picker menu) for the low battery led option. None worked with it.
      However, all modes work fine inside the options "Enable led when controller is connected" and "Enable LED on remap and shift changing", but they keep playing even when my battery is low or critical, so what really happens is that the program ignores whatever is set up in the "Enable Led when battery is low" option.
      Also, I forgot to mention before that I use rechargeable AA batteries on the Xbox Controller instead of the "Xbox Charge and Play" battery. It only gives the remaining battery level as "Full", "Medium", "Low" or "Critical", but it gives no clue of percentage left. Maybe the controller is only giving string values for the battery left instead of an integer value and the reWASD works only with numbers, and that's what is giving all that trouble.
      Further explaining about the problem only would result in a giant text and confusion, so instead I made this diagram with how the software is behaving with me to try to make it more understandable. Hope it helps.

Name:	Diagrama controle.png
Views:	521
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	232099
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much for the details. I will let you know the results of our tests soon. Unfortunately, all our controllers appear to be fully-charged, so I may need some time

Also, I forgot to mention before that I use rechargeable AA batteries on the Xbox Controller instead of the "Xbox Charge and Play" battery. It only gives the remaining battery level as "Full", "Medium", "Low" or "Critical", but it gives no clue of percentage left.
        There is nothing wrong, Xbox One controller indeed reports only the mentioned battery states. It is not possible to get the percentages for the battery. Also, everything should work with AA batteries, so it should not be the reason. Will get back to you once we have any news!

Comment

Got it. Take the time you need. I'll be waiting here.
          And I'll buy the software as soon as possible, so I will be ready to test it as soon as the update come.

Comment

Hey there! Some good news, I suppose. We have reproduced the same issue with one of your Xbox One gamepads, so we will do our best to fix it with the next release. We could prolong your trial period then, so you could re-check it. Hope it won't take long!

Comment

Great! I'll be waiting for further news.
              And there's no need to prolong my trial. I already bough it yesterday

Comment

Hello!

Please check the latest version — reWASD 6.2.1. It includes a fix for the LED with Low battery status. Thanks again for reporting about it!

Other novelties of the new version are described in our announce post.

Comment

It's working now. You guys are awesome!

Comment

Originally Posted by rubens1337 View Post
                    It's working now. You guys are awesome!
                    Great, thank you for letting me know!

Comment

Working...
                    X