Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Switch Pro controller gyro settings

Hello there, first post here.

I've run into an issue in recent months with Steam where the gyro on my Switch controllers (it's all of them, from 2 official Switch Pros to 2 different 8bitdo SN30 Pros) just stops responding after a time and drifts to the left, and I learned ReWASD supports gyro mapping and went, "Eureka, software I already own!" And after testing ReWASD for around an hour to troubleshoot, the drifting problem doesn't happen with this software so I know it's a Steam problem.

Well, I'm having some difficulty setting it up lol.

I have been playing Monster Hunter Rise on PC, which has no native gyro support, and I've been trying to mimic how a Switch controller on its native platform performs gyroscopic aiming to fine tune my aim while using the ranged weapons in Rise and one weapon in particular requires both big movements while dashing, and slight adjustments to hit juuuuust the right spot. And ReWASD works great for the big movements, but it's the "gentle movements to fine tune the aim" part that ReWASD seems to struggle with, and I can't figure out how to overcome that. To be more specific, if I try to move the cursor just a little bit (imagine aiming at the neck of something, but needing to aim directly at the head), the software might read the input, but it's slow and very jittery, and may not even go far enough because the movement is too gentle.

I can't seem to overcome that no matter how aggressive I make the response curve or how giant I make the zone shapes. Could anyone point me in the right direction so as to set this up a little bit better?

Hello! Please send me the config you are using.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_8.png
Views:	548
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	232223

You can find your config by right-clicking on the profile name and open the file location.

Comment

Hello,

I have the config file attached. I may have just been cranking everything up to try and fix this problem, lol.

Thank you so much for the help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

Looks like the stick is not deflected far enough while you are trying to make gentle moves. In your current config, please try to raise the first dots on the Response curve to get the bigger deflection. Something like I have here:

Name:	18ccd5bbab.png
Views:	646
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	232227
        There is nothing else I would change in your Advanced settings — everything seems to be set up properly.

I also have another idea: please try to use Tilt mode instead of Gyro. This way your virtual stick will be always deflected if you rotate the gamepad — so the whole gamepad will be working as a stick. It works in a bit different way, but I hope it will work for you — and this one completely exclude any jitteriness.

Name:	5579491c01.png
Views:	447
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	232228

In addition to both tips above, there is one more important for all Nintendo controllers. Once you connect the controller, please leave it steady on the table for a few seconds to calibrate the gyro — then it will be more reliable in any mode you use.

Comment

Hey! I think that was it! I just needed to move the 1st dot a little bit more to the left and up.

A tiny bit more fine tuning and I think this'll be perfect for my needs. Thanks so much for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X